15 8.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ManiaMuse

ArmpitOfEurope

People are sleeping on this, this is a potential winner. In fact, this and Ukraine are the only contenders I have in my book right now, I like Croatia but it cant win in a contest where juries hold the 50% of power. Nemo can.
:12: points and I hope the live performance will be as epic as Im imagining it 😝

MopManMoss

Veteran

0scar

This is my winner currently as well, but I was just listening to it and I'm wondering how this will be received by the general public tbh, I fear it might be less digestible than hoped for.

That said, this would be a great winner, and I'd love for :ch: to be rewarded a victory after really trying since 2019 (let's forget 2022 and 2023 though)

ManiaMuse

This is my winner currently as well, but I was just listening to it and I'm wondering how this will be received by the general public tbh, I fear it might be less digestible than hoped for.

That said, this would be a great winner, and I'd love for :ch: to be rewarded a victory after really trying since 2019 (let's forget 2022 and 2023 though)
I think it will capture the public's attention. All the YouTube reaction videos (not just from hardcore ESC fans seem to follow a similar pattern. Something like:

'Oh, it's not a ballad but they have a nice voice' - 'Wait, what is this? Opera?' - 'WTF!? Rap? Drum & Bass? Get out of here!' - 'This is a catchy chorus. Ooh, ooh, ooh' - 'Moody bit, lovely voice, clever lyrics' - 'Woah! Wow! (falsetto bit) - 'I'm not sure what I listened to but that was amazing. Ooh, ooh, ooh.'

It is a very clever song for playing with the listener's emotions. The first chorus being arranged very differently to the second more 'poppy' chorus is great because you suddenly realise when you get to the second chorus that you already know how the chorus and hook goes despite not hearing it in that form yet. Definitely has TikTok generation appeal as well for people with 15 second attention spans.

0scar

Well yeah I'm sure it will grab the public's attention but I'm not really sure everyone will appreciate it on a first listen that much. I hope so though!

empo21

Veteran
:6: impressed on first listen (which is good for its chances) but I don't see myself wanting to listen to it more for now

banana

Switzerland continues to deliver men with incredible voices year after year. I have no doubts that the live performance, in a vocal sense, will be perfectly clear and will receive the highest points from the jury. However, controversial choreography (like in Gjon's case:rolleyes:) can ruin the chance of winning. Yeah, I know it's too early to make some predictions until we see all the live rehearsal performances. However, no one else seems like the 'full package.' He is.

So far, it's my favorite entry. I listen to the song on repeat. To my taste, everything is ideal - the sound, the voice, the lyrics, the charismatic artist.:love:

12 points from me, and I feel like I am ready to send all 20 SMS in the grand final for Nemo.(y):p

Shadowfuxcs

This is probably my no.1 of the year, only negative being the slow part before the final chorus due to the unimaginative lyrics.
Over the moon to be getting non-binary representation with an actually great and daring song to match, unlike most "message entries" that fall on the generic side.
I just worry it might not be digestible to get a winning score from the televote.

Etanna

Nemo was the Panda on the Masked Singer Switzerland so you could have a look at those videos.

Here's one of them:

The Masked Singer is such a ridiculous show :oops::rolleyes: But I thought that the people who perform in the costumes must be famous so that the public or juries (?) can guess who they are? Is Nemo famous in Switzerland? I thought he's a rather new name. I hope he's experienced enough to pull the song off, because it is not an easy one to perform.

I wonder if they'll have SJB do the staging again. She did a good job with the previous Swiss entries but those were very different from the Code. Not sure if the slick Swedish staging is the right way to go for this particular song. I'd prefer something a little more lively and daring.

elysian03

The Masked Singer is such a ridiculous show :oops::rolleyes: But I thought that the people who perform in the costumes must be famous so that the public or juries (?) can guess who they are? Is Nemo famous in Switzerland? I thought he's a rather new name. I hope he's experienced enough to pull the song off, because it is not an easy one to perform.

I wonder if they'll have SJB do the staging again. She did a good job with the previous Swiss entries but those were very different from the Code. Not sure if the slick Swedish staging is the right way to go for this particular song. I'd prefer something a little more lively and daring.

Hi!
I'm from Switzerland.

Nemo isn't a newcomer at all:
- at 13 years old, starred in a musical, where they had to sing, dance and act
- at 15 years old, participated in the biggest Swiss talents as a rapper
- at 16 years old, they won a Swiss rap contest and their video became a viral hit

Afterward, they started their music career and won several music awards (in one evening Nemo won 4 Swiss music awards).
That's why I'm confident in Nemo's live performance. :D

This year SJB will most likely not stage Switzerland's entry. A Swiss newspaper stated that Fredrik Rydman will stage Nemo's song. He is the one who staged "Cha Cha Cha" - Finland last year and "Heroes" - Sweden 2015.

Jupiter

Hi!
I'm from Switzerland.

- at 16 years old, they won a Swiss rap contest and their video became a viral hit

Afterward, they started their music career and won several music awards (in one evening Nemo won 4 Swiss music awards).

This year SJB will most likely not stage Switzerland's entry. A Swiss newspaper stated that Fredrik Rydman will stage Nemo's song. He is the one who staged "Cha Cha Cha" - Finland last year and "Heroes" - Sweden 2015.
Well, that all sounds like "Winner" to me xqueenbitch
(At least I hope so!)

han-g

Hi!
I'm from Switzerland.

Isn't he also the one who staged Ireland 2021?

ManiaMuse

Well, that all sounds like "Winner" to me xqueenbitch
(At least I hope so!)
I really think that it could be the complete package. 3rd in the odds now, overtaken Italy. Can it reel in Ukraine?

Nemo and their social media team are pushing it hard already on all the channels already. It does seem like the whole teams wants to win so I doubt they will sabotage it by staging it badly.

Not too many songs left to be released now.

Greece just released and sounds like it was a swing and a miss from a big hitter.
Armenia, Azerbaijan are not realistically going to do anything of note.
Portugal will probably be that pretty song but it isn't going to be a contender.
Sweden isn't winning this year.
Everyone is going to be booing Israel.
Georgia is probably the only one left to release that might be competitive.

It is going to be in there with a chance.

Last edited:

Etanna

Hi!
I'm from Switzerland.

This sounds really promising! Rydman seems like a good choice for this type of a song.

elysian03

Isn't he also the one who staged Ireland 2021?

I didn't know! That really was a big miss. I love that song so much and I was so upset how terrible it was live. <.<

But I hope he will do better with Nemo.
I think, it also depends on the artist because some are very stubborn about their vision for the staging and then the stage director can't do much.

nudiecrudi

It's a very interesting song but the problem is how could be translated live.
The same question for Belgium Netherlands and Austria too.
How do these people sound live?
The videos are very promising but that's another story.
Austria last year was a clear example

Top Bottom