Sans toi
Derrière mes paupières
Trouver de l'air

(Ah)
Tout l'univers
Nos deux cœurs sous la terre
Au milieu des failles et des ressacs
Nous nous retrouvons au point d'impact
Comment soigner nos coeurs qui éclatent?
Tout l'univers​

Last edited by a moderator:

fromzurichwithlove

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

I actually prefer the verses and build-up more than the chorus in this one, the chorus slightly brings the overall impression for me, but all-in-all Switzerland and Gjon's Tears is sending yet another competent ballad to Eurovision. The style is similar to last year's entry without doing the same thing again. I am not sure I would want this to win however, but it is a good ballad and for sure one of the best ballads this year. I do like Gjon's Tears though and the melancholy of it all, and to me the best ballads should have a bit of melancholy to them, in a contest where so many ballads are soulless and pointless, Gjon's Tears has for a second year in a row now delivered a ballad with soul and authenticity. This currently lands in my top.15.

Iker

Veteran
A-lister's review:

I actually prefer the verses and build-up more than the chorus in this one, the chorus slightly brings the overall impression for me, but all-in-all Switzerland and Gjon's Tears is sending yet another competent ballad to Eurovision. The style is similar to last year's entry without doing the same thing again. I am not sure I would want this to win however, but it is a good ballad and for sure one of the best ballads this year. I do like Gjon's Tears though and the melancholy of it all, and to me the best ballads should have a bit of melancholy to them, in a contest where so many ballads are soulless and pointless, Gjon's Tears has for a second year in a row now delivered a ballad with soul and authenticity. This currently lands in my top.15.
There are though sometimes ballads with clear cheerful mood like :ee: 2015 imho was.

crashworld

Veteran
According to an interview Gjon did, the song started off as an English ballad titled "Ground Zero" - signifies the epicenter of an explosion, inspired by the 9/11 tragedy and is about destruction and reconstruction. The song was then translated to French with the "Point d’impact" to fit the second theme of the song which is about how we are on the only person that can save us from our most complicated situations. The song is then finalizing to the final title to better suit the message of optimism in the song.

Source:

I am actually pretty interested if the English version was ever recorded and if it will ever see the light of day.

midnightsun

Veteran
According to an interview Gjon did, the song started off as an English ballad titled "Ground Zero" - signifies the epicenter of an explosion, inspired by the 9/11 tragedy and is about destruction and reconstruction. The song was then translated to French with the "Point d’impact" to fit the second theme of the song which is about how we are on the only person that can save us from our most complicated situations. The song is then finalizing to the final title to better suit the message of optimism in the song.

Source:

I am actually pretty interested if the English version was ever recorded and if it will ever see the light of day.
Maybe he will record it, he has a strong connection to the English version too.
You can listen to him singing this (first verse) in a W*W* interview on their channel (don’t know if it’s smart to write it down here but ESCUnited will always be the best ESC site so they don’t have to worry).

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
According to an interview Gjon did, the song started off as an English ballad titled "Ground Zero" - signifies the epicenter of an explosion, inspired by the 9/11 tragedy and is about destruction and reconstruction.

Iker

Veteran

Source:

It is surprising. The song does not strike me as one with the English lyrics first in mind.

A-lister

Veteran
There are though sometimes ballads with clear cheerful mood like :ee: 2015 imho was.

Estonia 2015 cheerful? I'd say that's a stretch, sure it didn't sound overly melancholic, but cheerful?

I mean the problem with many ballads, especially in ESC, is that they come in this completely fake plastic Disney-Musical-American Idol-esque "peace" or "self-empowering" package which I loath. A good ballad to me needs to speak to your soul, it doesn't need to be about heartbreak, it can also be about hope, but it needs to feel sincere and unfortunately it's rare but Gjon manages to deliver that. We had a bunch of great Balkan ballads in the mid 00's to early 10's that also managed that, but they are rare now unfortunately.

Ezio

Veteran
I am onboard now. This song is maybe the most improved in my personal ranking. Not sure if I can give 12 points already, because I am not feeling the falsetto. Waiting for Jupiter in Pisces to bless this song.

Ezio

Veteran
I mean the problem with many ballads, especially in ESC, is that they come in this completely fake plastic Disney-Musical-American Idol-esque "peace" or "self-empowering" package which I loath.

First song that I can think of by reading this comment is Undo.

Ezio

Veteran
beautiful disney ballad

Iker

Veteran
Estonia 2015 cheerful? I'd say that's a stretch, sure it didn't sound overly melancholic, but cheerful?

I mean the problem with many ballads, especially in ESC, is that they come in this completely fake plastic Disney-Musical-American Idol-esque "peace" or "self-empowering" package which I loath. A good ballad to me needs to speak to your soul, it doesn't need to be about heartbreak, it can also be about hope, but it needs to feel sincere and unfortunately it's rare but Gjon manages to deliver that. We had a bunch of great Balkan ballads in the mid 00's to early 10's that also managed that, but they are rare now unfortunately.
:ee: 2015 felt cheerful maybe because the singer was smiling a lot throughout. Maybe 'serene' would be a better term. But it definitely wasn't sad.
Ok, I confused years ... I was thinking about :ee: 2013 (Et Uus Saaks Alguse), this is what I had in mind! Idk why I did swap years.

:2:015 was more like moderately sad at best with strong longing mood.

Last edited:

marty

There is only two songs I could imagine to win this year which is a very weak one imo: finland and switzerland. I hope that switzerland will win. but not sure. the song might be to similar to the last winner. i liked gjons last song more. this one is not that emotional and his voice.... I think many people find his voice annoying.

Ezio

Veteran
Lol. Btw. 'Undo' is my favourite entry from Sweden post-Euphoria.

And there is also another beautiful song carrying the same title by Björk.

Undo is still an instant skip for me. Compared to other 2014 songs, it doesn't sound bad, but 2014 overall was terrible except for the Televoting Top 10.

Top Bottom