Sans toi
Derrière mes paupières
Trouver de l'air

(Ah)
Tout l'univers
Nos deux cœurs sous la terre
Au milieu des failles et des ressacs
Nous nous retrouvons au point d'impact
Comment soigner nos coeurs qui éclatent?
Tout l'univers​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
Undo is still an instant skip for me. Compared to other 2014 songs, it doesn't sound bad, but 2014 overall was terrible except for the Televoting Top 10.
I agree it was not a great year, but the winner was great imho and won fairly for me.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • This is a song with a big sound. I appreciate that.
  • Very good vocals, too, as expected.
THE BAD:
  • I don't think the audience is there for a sad song to win, but we'll see.
THE VERDICT:

While this song is better than last year's in some aspects (bigger sound and slightly better vocals), I just don't think people will want a sad song to be the winner this year. This is not to deny the vocal talent in the song, which is one of the best again, and that might pull it into the Top 10 in the Final. Vocals alone, though, don't make for a winning song, as we've been learning. 8 points

Shadowfuxcs

So I watched again the performance at Spanish tv after which the odds dropped... and it's actually quite good?! Sure he was not holding the long notes before the chorus and sometimes he was off during the chorus itself but overall it was spot-on and that's only with a piano, no backing track and no background vocals. Keeping in mind this was in a low-budget studio and an unfamiliar environment I don't consider that performance as worth getting penalized. Surely Gjon has a great vocal tone and delivery, and is a far superior vocalist than Tixx, Tusse or the Roop whose actual voice was lost behind the backing tracks in their national finals (and don't even mention Albina with those don't gooooaaah screams that totally ruined her performance at Dora but no one talks about them). Or too make a comparison that many others do, Gjon's voice in that performance was much more stable than Duncan's on the night he won eurovision. And that is while -actually- playing the piano.
Fans are often harsh and treat singers as if they are machines. Preserving one's voice or avoiding taking risks when conditions are not optimal is not a crime. The fact that rehearshals or casual performance are treated like a vocal competition is the worst thing in theesc bubble.

The voice is excellent while the song and interpretation are less strong. For me Gjon's Tears fails to do what Barbara Pravi has managed to do: combine excellent vocal rehearsal and interpretation with a technically perfect song. In my opinion, the enthusiasm for "Tout l'univers" is exaggerated. That said, Gjon's Tears is very likely to win the ESC. It's the typical song that everyone expects to win... In fact, compared to France (which brings a song that has a strong identity) the song of Switzerland has a broader breath, of sounds that can make most of the audience agree.

midnightsun

Veteran
IF he wins (which I would of course be happy to see ;)) I wish he would with Repondéz-moi. This has rather winner vibes to me and is much stronger than TLU.
I am not sure if he will win the contest because I‘m not sure about the televote but he‘s definitely a serious contender.
Let‘s see how the betting odds are in May. I have a feeling he could do a Franceso Gabbani, being a fan favourite and high in the odds until the last moment before hardly being top 5.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I don't get overhype with this song. Just like Last Year it's Way too much overhyped without any reason. I don't see fascination with it. I don't understand what ppl see in it and i will never do. Like i said, he will surprise many many fans because he won't even be in top 10 let alone win the contest.:rolleyes:

kazool

Why do you think Switzerland is currently sliding in the odds? And why is France surging? it could have something to do with the recent performance of Barbara at Tele5 in Spain but... can one single performance on one tv channel in one country have such a significant impact?

Shadowfuxcs

Why do you think Switzerland is currently sliding in the odds? And why is France surging? it could have something to do with the recent performance of Barbara at Tele5 in Spain but... can one single performance on one tv channel in one country have such a significant impact?
I guess it is a combination of Malta raising in the odds and the fact that it is an uneventful pre-esc season without live events so even something as simple as one performance can have an effect since there is not much else to base predictions on. Still Switzerland is leading the fan polls everywhere so I still consider them as the favorites despite the odds. Malta will have more direct competition from songs in similar genre and do traditionally bad with the televote. As long as their odds do not reach >30% of winning I don't consider them clear frontrunners, it's just a tight race and someone has to be first for the time being.

kazool

I don't get overhype with this song. Just like Last Year it's Way too much overhyped without any reason. I don't see fascination with it. I don't understand what ppl see in it and i will never do. Like i said, he will surprise many many fans because he won't even be in top 10 let alone win the contest.:rolleyes:
Well no one has a crystal ball. Let's see the night of the Grand Final where Gjon will stand ;)

Iker

Veteran
I don't follow the odds at all unless I stumble across them and it hardly matters for me.

esc87fan

The odds don't matter to me either. Let the performance on stage when it counts speak more, I have a feeling Gjon is going to bring something very special that will attract votes from both sides

escEndre

Check out our latest interview with Gjon's Tears! :-) We had also a suprise at the end of the interview were an iconic Eurovision-star joined the interview!

Please help us grow on YouTube by subscribing our channel! That will help us continue doing interviews like this! :-)

A-lister

Veteran
beautiful disney ballad

"Undo" a Disney ballad? Hardly... it's more of schlager-Pop ballad if anything, Disney ballad is stuff like Vasil this year, Russia 2013 or UK 2009 to name a few.. "Undo" is too melancholic in its sound to be a Disney ballad, I mean I don't try to make "Undo" something special (it's quite basic, although decent as far as Eurovision ballad goes), but Disney ballad it is not.

Ezio

Veteran
"Undo" a Disney ballad? Hardly... it's more of schlager-Pop ballad if anything, Disney ballad is stuff like Vasil this year, Russia 2013 or UK 2009 to name a few.. "Undo" is too melancholic in its sound to be a Disney ballad, I mean I don't try to make "Undo" something special (it's quite basic, although decent as far as Eurovision ballad goes), but Disney ballad it is not.
Undo is the epitome of Disney. It's the moment when the curse gets lifted off the forsaken princess when her hero comes along.

revallsay

Gjon's Tears - Tout l’Univers - Switzerland

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of french language in songs and this song is not an exception. I do not like his voice either. Although, I appreciate the musical layer here, it is beautiful.

3/12

Can anyone explain the music video for me? Did he had a car accident on an empty road? Or did his car fell over this hill to the lower level?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Undo is the epitome of Disney. It's the moment when the curse gets lifted off the forsaken princess when her hero comes along.
Which is highly ironic because the only Disney role Sanna would ever be cast in is that of a witch...x

Ezio

Veteran
Sanna is no Disney princess for me neither, she is just the recording artist for a schmaltzy movie

Looren

Veteran
I'll just make a quick answer to those saying that he's trying to copy Duncan Laurence in his live performance :

I follow Gjon's Tears since The Voice France 2019, he's the type of guy who sits behind the piano and sings his heart out, it's how he feels the more at ease and I can't see him changing

He's always honest in his performances and I'm sure that he'll bring the prestation which feels the more authentic to him, the one which corresponds the more with his personnality

AND HE'LL SLAY

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
Yeah he's copying Duncan because Duncan invented singing emoshen ballad behind a piano lfgjdflhşshsjşlh just like how Eleni Foureira invented dancing.
Sometimes ESC fans are killing me with their assumptions XD

Top Bottom