12 7.7%

4 2.6%

15 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Synergise

Sweden in my top 3 for the 3rd year in a row. I know a lot of people get frustrated with Sweden doing well, but for personal taste, they deliver (almost) every time for me.

Overall I do think Melo has gotten weaker, but they still end up choosing great acts in the end.

DirtyFalcon

I was rooting for Maria Sur but the twins were very close behind so i could live with that result. Also they were my winner last year with Air so i'm really happy for them that they got their revenge. However not surprised by Dotter and Jacqline results. It's a 10 for me!

Juliette

The fact I remember Medina the best from this final says a lot about the tastes of the Swedish public. Okay, then o_O

Smudy

Pretty sure this will top 10 this year in the public vote despite the many people claiming this won't do well here. Strong and slick entry among the many varied entries chosen.

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't mind this, now, but I'm sure I'll be positively hating it's very existence when it'll be inevitably lavished with countless douze points from the ESC juries in May.

This - if it's about to finish 15th in the end, I would even bop to it in May but I really heavily dislike it that it will get a shitload of votes from "professional" juries who were asked to rank "originality" as well but they will probably put this inside their Top 3 whilst making authentic songs flop.

marty

A great show with very boring songs. Unforgettable is a nice song but it does not lead to anywhere. I give 5 points.

Jupiter

The very difinition of meh, absolutely fulfilling all the criticism people normally have with swedish entries flawlessly lmao

2 points bcs the staging is really good. 1 for the hilarious irony of having a completely forgettable song called 'unforgettable'. So :3:. I wished this wouldn't do well in an overall strong year, but I bet it'll beat plenty of better songs.

henhu

Pretty sure this will top 10 this year in the public vote despite the many people claiming this won't do well here. Strong and slick entry among the many varied entries chosen.
I see it as a safe jury winner tbh :D Even just top 10 in televoting might be enough for winning twice in a row... But then again, I think the public might be tired of Sweden winning with safe pop songs so it might not be enough. Top 10 in televoting can be less than 60 points as we saw last year...

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
How many years will it take SVT to understand that they need to revamp / review Melfest and fire their 'house' song writers? It's getting boooooring.
I agree that there needs to be a revamp regarding the song selection and there needs to be more and different songwriters. But to be fair, this problem has kind of always existed in Melodifestivalen. During the 1970s Peter Himmelstrand wrote many of the songs, during the 1980s Lasse Holm was a frequent songwriter, during the 1990s Stephan Berg often had entries in the contest and the 2000s was dominated by Thomas G:son and Bobby Ljunggren.

Top Bottom