5 3.4%

9 6.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ayzelto

In this article you can find the RTVE internal jury ranking of the competing songs in this year's Benidorm Fest.

I am surprised that they ranked 2 of the eventual top3 songs so low. :unsure:
I think it's even more surprising that the number one from the "PROFESSIONAL" juries was "Astronauta". Spain won't win Eurovision until 2050 at this pace.

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: mup

Ianp16

Probably been said already but I can't get enough of Jorge's 'Caliente' and can't believe this wasn't chosen over Zorra. And it's nothing to do with his shiny pecs... Ahem.

ixic

This is my very top favourite song this year. Not much to say, almost perfect. Well done Spain, rooting for you!

toinou03

The song itself is good and super catchy. But the live is not that great, which means that the juries migh not be impressed sadly.

mup

Zorra certified gold in :es:, it's good that BF produced a winning song that is being backed by the Spanish public, regardless of the outcome in ESC. (y) Little by little they can make the festival more relevant.

MAD20

Zorra certified gold in :es:, it's good that BF produced a winning song that is being backed by the Spanish public, regardless of the outcome in ESC. (y) Little by little they can make the festival more relevant.
Indeed!!! I just hope next Benidorm Fest they do not bring out the word 'Eurovision' every 10 seconds, it's a bit tiring on a contest thought to represent our musical scene...

Let's see how things go in Malmö with the HoD change after last Eurovision though. RTVE can always mess things up with the blink of an eye!

mup

Indeed!!! I just hope next Benidorm Fest they do not bring out the word 'Eurovision' every 10 seconds, it's a bit tiring on a contest thought to represent our musical scene...

Let's see how things go in Malmö with the HoD change after last Eurovision though. RTVE can always mess things up with the blink of an eye!

Let's keep our fingers crossed for your festival! (y) Right now we can say BF is very linked to Eurovision, I guess it's because they want to lay the foundation of a stable viewership and the Spanish eurofans had been expecting to have their own festival for so many years. For the future development of BF the decision is whether to keep existing as national final for ESC (and probably many Spanish eurofans would prefer it, judging by the televote winner of BF2024), or to become more of a national festival by abandoning some ESC-themed elements.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
This has grown on me so hard over the past few days.

When their true Say Na Na Na / Trenuletul colours come out in Malmö and they come top 10 in the televote...x

:6: => :10:

ESC94

Today it was time for :es: at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - The best overall package won the Spanish preliminary round. For me, “Zorra” really only works on stage and with a vocal performance similar to that in the preliminary round at the ESC, it should also compete for the last places. The song has now developed a lot of nerve potential for me. :4:

Berenike - In addition to “back to the 90s”, “Zorra” also includes “back to the 80s”. The song doesn't really convince me. It's sung too softly for the message (especially the “Zorra, zorra, zorra” would have deserved a lot more power) and the arrangement is too monotonous for me. So there is no tension and the song just babbles past me. :4:

Douze Points - The day the Benidorm songs were released, I wrote to co-blogger Max that I was #TeamZorra. And that hasn't changed much. Never thought they would win the festival. I like the 80s sound and the confident statement. I could have done without the dancers in bodices. :12:

Flo - As an overall package, “Zorra” stands out. But the hype about Nebuolssa didn't reach me and I think it won't be easy to keep up with it and score points. It's more likely that the outfits and the staging will make you sit up and take notice for a while before interest wanes again. :5:

Manu - Spain is re-establishing a really good preliminary decision format with the Benidorm Festival and then allowing the jury appointed to feel uncomfortable enough to make a real decision because of the audience in the room. I actually like the pure audio because of the 80s sounds - but due to its appearance in the preliminary round, "Zorra" is unfortunately unelectable for me and comes at least 25 years too late to be innovative in any way: the similarly frivolous duel between Nebulossa and Paul Oscar In 1998, the charismatic Icelander definitely won for me – that had style. Singer Mery doesn't even need to sing particularly well in her song and still messes up the notes a lot. Sorry, but in the end I only have :4: left in pure audio.

Max - Despite all the euphoria in Spain – once again – I remain a bit skeptical about “Zorra”. Yes, the style is very popular in Spain and the message of the song certainly has a unique selling point this year. But for me the song is pretty thin and not really a competition song. The most exciting thing here is the performance and, more precisely, the dancers. :6:

Peter - Camp as camp can. This will be an ESC dance floor classic. I have no idea how it works internationally, but this weird, groovy, provocative, kitschy dance song will take root in the bubble. Confidently putting the “Zorra” attribute forward as a brand symbol has something elegant about movement and I really like the quotes from Spanish and French new wave music of the 80s. :12:

Rick - At first I found the song a bit too smooth, but the live version gave me the rough edges I was looking for. Nebulossa also impressed at the pre-parties and the duo's very own 80s synth sound ensures a unique selling point at the ESC. I don't know whether Europe understands the statement, but if you convey the topic of "women's power" or "self-determination" well, it can be well received. There is also a plus for the joy of life that Nebulossa radiates. In combination with the dancers it's enough for good :7:.

Top Bottom