5 3.4%

9 6.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

nudiecrudi

A 56 year old woman with a song titled bitch/slut in Spanish with 2 dancers who effectively strip naked on stage is what I bloody love about this contest
Not being moralist and retrograde but that's the reason somehow ESC is considered like a circus.
Because of this kind of representation where a sort of "important message" is completely ruined by staging elements that have nothing to do with it but are "vulgarized" with the intention to grab the votes of a part of LGBT community.
She can't sing, she can't move, the song is catchy but that's it so what do we have to do? Put a choreo with two " gay zorras" dancers. Is this what you need?
Gustave showed last year that you can do it in an elegant and ironic way without being a clown. And the good result came.
I've watched some of the reactions around YT and most of the reactors were so enthusiastic for this song and I asked to myself why La Zorra is so low in the odds? Or maybe the reactors want to please as much as possible to the Spanish fans just to have more visualizations?

HarryUK

Veteran
Not being moralist and retrograde but that's the reason somehow ESC is considered like a circus.
Because of this kind of representation where a sort of "important message" is completely ruined by staging elements that have nothing to do with it but are "vulgarized" with the intention to grab the votes of a part of LGBT community.
She can't sing, she can't move, the song is catchy but that's it so what do we have to do? Put a choreo with two " gay zorras" dancers. Is this what you need?
Gustave showed last year that you can do it in an elegant and ironic way without being a clown. And the good result came.
I've watched some of the reactions around YT and most of the reactors were so enthusiastic for this song and I asked to myself why La Zorra is so low in the odds? Or maybe the reactors want to please as much as possible to the Spanish fans just to have more visualizations?
I absolutely do! It’s phenomenal. It would be incredibly boring without these kinds of entries

Paco Roca

After the fury of the defeat of my beloved St.Pedro..., I am starting to reevaluate Nebulossa. I think it was the best choice. Perhaps, of all the songs in the competition, the most genuine and able to remain in the public's mind. I hope for the integral maintenance of the lyrics and the dancing asses. I want a shot of the top brass of the EBU when the asses spin, jump and spread the splits :ROFLMAO:

Ted Talks

I absolutely do! It’s phenomenal. It would be incredibly boring without these kinds of entries

I feel very torn when it’s songs like this. I get we need more fun acts and I wouldn’t want the contest to be boring, but I do fear that the chances of Eurovision being more credible to the wider public do get harmed by acts like this.

Certainly in the UK the perception remains (on the whole I’d say from personal experience) that’s it’s naff and cheesy. That’s not been helped by the UK fulfilling that brief for many years of course, but recent chart successes for acts has started to break down that barrier.

While some progress is being made, I do fear acts like this, which wouldn’t have been out of place in the cheesier eras of Eurovision, just harm the credibility and new found ‘cool’ image the contest is getting.

ayzelto

I feel very torn when it’s songs like this. I get we need more fun acts and I wouldn’t want the contest to be boring, but I do fear that the chances of Eurovision being more credible to the wider public do get harmed by acts like this.

Certainly in the UK the perception remains (on the whole I’d say from personal experience) that’s it’s naff and cheesy. That’s not been helped by the UK fulfilling that brief for many years of course, but recent chart successes for acts has started to break down that barrier.

While some progress is being made, I do fear acts like this, which wouldn’t have been out of place in the cheesier eras of Eurovision, just harm the credibility and new found ‘cool’ image the contest is getting.
I keep thinking that this is not a fun act at all. Maybe I would consider bringing something different for the coreography to make it look more “sofisticated”, but the lyrics and the intention of the song are far away from “fun”.
However, I do think that there is still a place for fun entries that end up being successful in Eurovision: have a look at Norway 2022, Moldova 2022 or even Serbia the same year, and think about how all of them managed to get in the top 10 of Eurovision. Even Croatia last year (which I cannot stand), managed to get a great bunch of votes from the viewers. Without this kind of entries, Eurovision would become flat and boring. It’s 2024, not 1995.
But again, I repeat, Zorra for me is not included as a “fun” entry. If you have a look at the lyrics and what they meant to be you’ll find out it’s more than that.
If the song selection in Benidorm would have been stronger this year, I would complain, but in the end the best package won. Risky choice? Yes. Will Spain win? not at all. Will we have fun during the journey? I am sure we will.

Ted Talks

I keep thinking that this is not a fun act at all. Maybe I would consider bringing something different for the coreography to make it look more “sofisticated”, but the lyrics and the intention of the song are far away from “fun”.
However, I do think that there is still a place for fun entries that end up being successful in Eurovision: have a look at Norway 2022, Moldova 2022 or even Serbia the same year, and think about how all of them managed to get in the top 10 of Eurovision. Even Croatia last year (which I cannot stand), managed to get a great bunch of votes from the viewers. Without this kind of entries, Eurovision would become flat and boring. It’s 2024, not 1995.
But again, I repeat, Zorra for me is not included as a “fun” entry. If you have a look at the lyrics and what they meant to be you’ll find out it’s more than that.
If the song selection in Benidorm would have been stronger this year, I would complain, but in the end the best package won. Risky choice? Yes. Will Spain win? not at all. Will we have fun during the journey? I am sure we will.
I don’t want all ‘fun’ entries to be banned, far from it, but I suppose it’s the type of ‘fun’ it is that’s more crucial to me.

2022 is a good example of how much it varies for me. Norway was good fun in Subwoolfer, Moldova was bad fun and I can’t listen to that song if I put the playlist on. It’s the one song I always skip.

I wouldn’t classify Serbia 2022 as a fun entry as such, the staging with the claps made it fun to take part in, but as a song, I wouldn’t say fun. It was good though.

As for this Spanish entry, I’d classify it more like Moldova 2022 in my perception of fun. It’s not and will be skipped on a playlist.

I think my main issue is that it’s dated and feels like it’s from an era of Eurovision the contest has long moved on from.

SirPeterGriffin

Like a bastardized version of the unfairly treated Øve os på hinanden. Sweet throwback but missing on some dynamic variation and her vocals are inexcusable. Might get some niche support but for a larger casual audience...ehh, not so much.

theditz83

Veteran
All the chat about this entry, and yet I haven't really noticed anyone mentioning how all the educated eurofans wanted Sara Siipola for Finland with a song title that (if the lyrics translations online are to be believed) translates as "eff-ing wreck"...

I adore this mental community within which I've engrained myself - it does wonders for my anxiety and over-analytical nature xcookie

empo21

Veteran
All the chat about this entry, and yet I haven't really noticed anyone mentioning how all the educated eurofans wanted Sara Siipola for Finland with a song title that (if the lyrics translations online are to be believed) translates as "eff-ing wreck"...

I adore this mental community within which I've engrained myself - it does wonders for my anxiety and over-analytical nature xcookie
Same community that wants more televote power in Norway and less televote power in Finland xdance2

mup

This year I managed to watch some of the Spanish performances and I have read so many unfairly negative comments about the Spanish NF, even some Spaniards hoping for its abolition, really?

I liked the top3 of this year. Probably I would have sent St. Pedro to ESC or maybe Angy, but Zorra is a guilty pleasure with a nice retro tune, the weak point is the singer's lack of voice/presence and the dancers that take away the focus from the core message and cheapen the whole performance. Angy was great on stage too! In the end it's up to people and juries of Spain to choose.

I just don't understand the overdramatic critiques about every single detail of the NF in various forums, both Spanish and international. I guess some people have nothing better to do in their lives. I hope the broadcaster manages to bring the festival to a broader audience than the hardcore ESC fans, in order to secure Spain a show that they can keep going in the following years, something that goes beyond Eurovision, where they can choose even without thinking if an entry is Eurovision-friendly and therefore representative of the real taste of a more general Spanish audience.

Ianp16

This feels/sounds/looks like a Z-list star from The Real Housewives of Castilla La Mancha spent her last 100k euros from her dead husband's dwindling millions on an attempt to get back into the gossip mags and persue her lifelong desire to win Eurovision. I'll give it a :4:, purely for the campness. It's bad in a good way.

Franzilein

Finally came around to listen to this. Nah, but is this fire or what? More 80's revival, and I love an older lady smashing it on stage. Chorus falls a bit flat though.

Top Bottom