5 3.4%

9 6.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TiagoFS

I really loved Blanca Paloma, it was so unfair I am not over it yet. Nebulossa needs to improve several things in the live version, although the studio of it is good.

Paco Roca

Gustaph could sing though
Mmm yes 🤔 But compared to Nebulossa it was more "static". His performance was based more on vocals and a cheerful sound, more or less, in the wake of "Relax". Nebulossa fits into a choreography and moves. It is clear that by taking care of multiple aspects and moving, the voice becomes less noticeable (aerobic resistance is also needed). And then many don't recognize that Nebulossa is bringing old-fashioned Spanish Pop and singing it without making it disdainful against stronger opponents. It's hard to avoid being considered dated and here I see that no one has ever dreamed of saying so. One more point for Nebulossa.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Mmm yes 🤔 But compared to Nebulossa it was more "static". His performance was based more on vocals and a cheerful sound, more or less, in the wake of "Relax". Nebulossa fits into a choreography and moves. It is clear that by taking care of multiple aspects and moving, the voice becomes less noticeable (aerobic resistance is also needed). And then many don't recognize that Nebulossa is bringing old-fashioned Spanish Pop and singing it without making it disdainful against stronger opponents. It's hard to avoid being considered dated and here I see that no one has ever dreamed of saying so. One more point for Nebulossa.
I must have missed the choreography

nudiecrudi

Paco try to be objective.
Gustave sang it perfectly. He's got the right groove. The choreo, him and his backing vocalists, was simple and elegant. The high heels dancer added some vogueing without being vulgar. All appeared fluent.
Nebulosa can't sing, can't move, because if she tries could loose pieces of her face around the stage. It's an ok-ish song, a bit dated and with a home made production.
How could such a masterpiece be only 23rd in the odds??

ayzelto

Gustave sang it perfectly. He's got the right groove. The choreo, him and his backing vocalists, was simple and elegant. The high heels dancer added some vogueing without being vulgar. All appeared fluent.
Nebulosa can't sing, can't move, because if she tries could loose pieces of her face around the stage. It's an ok-ish song, a bit dated and with a home made production.
Gustav was around that place (or even lower) before the ESC started. They only start making real sense before Eurovision.
And no, Zorra is not a masterpiece musically speaking, but hey, it’s doing very well in Youtube, Spotify… for the good or the bad reasons it has become a hit here, and that’s a good sign to keep Benidorm going.

mup

Gustav was around that place (or even lower) before the ESC started. They only start making real sense before Eurovision.
And no, Zorra is not a masterpiece musically speaking, but hey, it’s doing very well in Youtube, Spotify… for the good or the bad reasons it has become a hit here, and that’s a good sign to keep Benidorm going.
I actually prefer this year's Spanish entry to last year's. It's good that the song is backed up by streamings. Blanca Paloma is a talented singer but, in my humble opinion, she lacked the song, which is a primary element in a song contest. EaEa looked and sounded to me more like a creative audio-visual performance and it didn't chart that much even in its home country, which showed a lack of interest, masked by the ESC fandom support. Whereas Zorra, despite its flaws in the live outcome, is radio-friendly, people could sing along. Besides, the Nebulossa couple seem to me very sweet and humble! :giggle:

nudiecrudi

I would not say Zorra is doing well.
Only 5 millions of streaming, the song has been released more than 1 month ago.

mup

Maybe it's not much but Benidorm Fest is not as established and watched as other NFs around Europe, let's give it a bit of encouragement and time to gain popularity in order for its songs to get exposure and chart well. ;) After all, BF has allowed Spain to have entries that are certainly much stronger than the ones from the dark ages of Do It For Your Lover. So keep up the promising work :es:! (y)

Last edited:

Paco Roca

Betting odds cannot be a criterion. May vary. As an Italian, you know well that Nina Zilli and Gabbani were very high and then fell to ninth and seventh place, if my memory serves me correctly. There are still many songs to play that could be worse, there is the Malmö staging that could give everything to the public, the song can grow (because ESC is a musical marathon and not a show where songs are made official shortly before the start of the match). The betting odds, if we want to evaluate them as a whole, see Spain going down as if to say "they won't win" and I think they are not wrong. We can only hope that Nebulossa's irreverence can take us higher. However... looking again at the data you take into consideration...do Germany and Ireland mentioned above make sense? The first has a weak selection, the second runs the risk of an NQ if he does not bring Dante's Inferno to the stage because it is a half-product. Does it make sense that France is so low? Gustaph was also "dated" and it seems to me also the Danish duo from some time ago that brought sounds from the 70s and provoked guilty pleasure reactions. I believe and repeat that Spain's strength this year lies in irreverence. In conclusion, now let's talk about Gustaph as a success but let's remember the preseason where he was snubbed by everyone.

ayzelto

Maybe it's not much but Benidorm Fest is not as established and watched as other NFs around Europe, let's give it a bit of encouragement and time to gain popularity in order for its songs to get exposure and chart well. After all, BF has allowed Spain to have entries that are certainly much stronger than the ones from the dark ages of Do It For Your Lover. So keep up the promising work !
For a Spanish Eurovision song, entering any charts is a good sign. Since Benidorm Fest was established, only Ay mamá, SloMo, Terra, Nochentera and Zorra have managed to do something in the Spotify charts.
In Spain our biggest competitor is Latinamerica, with most of the songs being there high up in the top. Zorra being up there is only good news. Regarding youtube, in 7 days the numbers speak by themselves (the three performances together have around 5,5 million views). We all have to remember that the impact of Benidorm Fest is much smaller than in other preselections like in Sweden or Italy. Their share is above 60%, while Benidorm Fest had only 16% on its final.

• Like It
Reactions: mup

Paco Roca

Hahahahaha 🤣 Feminists are collecting signatures to block "Zorra" and not send Nebulossa to the ESC.

Dystopia... when social equality becomes aggressive, a blind ideology...

Iker

Veteran
This song has grown a lot on me. At first I did not like it as this style is not my thing but now I think it's a bop, quite italodisco one so a welcome addition as there won't be another song like Zorra this year certainly. And now I actually love the vocals.

Last edited:

ayzelto

As stated even before Zorra was selected, the goal for RTVE this year was to make Benidorm Fest relevant to Spanish music industry. They have sent Nebulossa to Miami, they are taking part in Univision TV shows and Gloria Trevi apparently will cover the song
Good for them! I am not enjoying the Spanish entry as much as in the past 2 years (although I still like it), but I am very glad to see it doing well before the contest. Let’s see if one day we can bring the contest to Spain though :)

mup

In this article you can find the RTVE internal jury ranking of the competing songs in this year's Benidorm Fest.

I am surprised that they ranked 2 of the eventual top3 songs so low. :unsure:

Top Bottom