Contact us

So Lena won't be performing a reprise of "Satellite", right?

FallenAngelII

A thought occurred to me the other day:
They can't have Lena perform a reprise of her winning entry from last year without unfairly promoting her before all other performers (she'd get to perform more than one song).

So who's going to be performing it instead? Heck, will they perform it at all?

Canuck

I've thought about the same question.

I think there are a few options that they have, but I think they will have someone else perform the song with a big choreographed presentation...

They can also choose to just do something completely new for the opening which would be awesome; I love seeing how each country chooses to present the show.

Interrail

I think they'll simply let her perform twice (first time with Satellite, second time with TBAS), if that's not explicitly against rules.

bella

If they´ll open the show with a german actor(not lena)... i dont know anybody who could do that

FallenAngelII

I think they'll simply let her perform twice (first time with Satellite, second time with TBAS), if that's not explicitly against rules.
I think it's against the rules.

And if it isn't, it would be bad form.

MyHeartIsYours

I think there will just be a special act at the beginning and Lena once the voting lines are closed. Seems the most simple anyway.

Milos-BC

I also think that she will perform twice. When Zeljko could have hosted the show and have an entry at the same in 2008, I don't see why would this be a problem

ot_fan

She might open first semifinal only, so it wouldn't be much of a damage...

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I also think that she will perform twice. When Zeljko could have hosted the show and have an entry at the same in 2008, I don't see why would this be a problem

But remember, the rules were changed after 2008 for that exact reason, that is why we had the Stefan Raab situation. So I'm pretty sure this will also apply to the artists themselves.

ot_fan

In one Serbia's newspapers i've read smtg about Celine Dion, is there possibility she'll be performing on the opening...?

Milos-BC

But remember, the rules were changed after 2008 for that exact reason, that is why we had the Stefan Raab situation. So I'm pretty sure this will also apply to the artists themselves.

Ah yes, I forgot about that....It's a shame though

Schlagerman1

Since Lena is competing in ESC, then no, I don't think that she mentally wants to do it either.
But wouldn't it be cool if Nicole, the one that won for Gemany 1982, sang Satellite instead of her, in a "Ein Bisschen Frieden"-way? :eek: :D I would love to see that! :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Since Lena is competing in ESC, then no, I don't think that she mentally wants to do it either.
But wouldn't it be cool if Nicole, the one that won for Gemany 1982, sang Satellite instead of her, in a "Ein Bisschen Frieden"-way? :eek: :D I would love to see that! :)

Only if she is going to sing it sitting on a stool with a white guitar......

Lizo

or maybe the hosts of the show :p stefan raab sang it during the warmup to the nf

FallenAngelII

Becausse he didn't promote his entry in any way as host. The only way people would know he'd written the Serbian entry would be to read the blurb during the entry or hear it from a commentator. And it's not like him being host could buy the song or artist extra promotion on-air. Also, there were plenty of rumblings back then.

Lena performing another song would be Lena appearing twice on-air, singing twice on-air (without being in a semi-final) and get to promote herself and her voice twice on-air.

Top Bottom