Contact us

Slovenia SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

How do you rate the entry?

38 19.8%

17 8.9%

20 10.4%

17 8.9%

13 6.8%

18 9.4%

18 9.4%

10 5.2%

9 4.7%

11 5.7%

21 10.9%

• Total voters

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Cat Eye is probably fuming right now :lol:

And in this day of Slovenian success, ManuElla has released the English version of her song from EMA 2018 as a single!! Go to listen to it xheart

Fierro

I don't like the song but glad for her.

Btw she looks like sister of my uncle's wife :mrgreen:

8fTKtonOP3w.jpg

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Current status: watching Lea's performance on repeat at a gay bar in the hope that someone will notice and I can evangelize xheat

musicfan

I don't like the song. At all!
BUT:
I'm happy for Slovenia because she was so low in the odds - a surprise qualifier is something I'm very empathic with because I can imagine the even greater joy.

Nonetheless - I'd trade this one for.... Poland or Latvia.

I'd have Latvia but I'd kick out overrated ones like Sweden, Denmark, Norway. Not this one.

burrito

Biggest surprise along with Serbia for me. But she pulled off a good show and left all the people in our place quite stunned. Good job Slovenia :)

tuorem

3rd place sucks monkey balls, not gonna lie. They could have swapped places with the UK tbh.

At least she won't open the show. :?

LalehForWD

I'm so happy Slovenia made it. Truly great result! I liked the song very much when I made my semi 2 review and really wanted it to succeed.

tuorem

I can't at this perfection. xheat To me, it's probably the best staging Slovenia ever had: the camera work, the colour scheme, the flashing lights, the choreography, the outfits, the use of both the main stage and catwalk, the shots when the girls turn away from the crowd. Even the fake technical difficulty was well done and added a sort of twist to the live performance.

Lea was on fire, vocally on point, and she succeeded in seducing the crowd. I can't believe the audience cheered so much and was so into the performance. :eek:

I'm not Slovenian, but I'm so proud of what the whole team achieved. Congrats xclap

[MENTION=14374]Carian[/MENTION] Alesia Michelle's reaction to Slovenia qualifying during her livestream starts at 2:10:30 :D I had the same reaction! :lol: Then she talks about it a little bit later on.

A-lister

Veteran
A pleasant surprise qualify, she sold the entry in an efficient way, I still didn't believe it would qualify though, so I was pretty surprised when it did, but I think in semi 2 it was very clear that if you sold your entry well and had a good performance with a fitting concept, it really helped alot in the ending results it seems, maybe even more than it did in semi 1.

Iker

Veteran
Thank god the running order saved us, I really liked the song (as opposed to the disasters of 2016 and 2017). Happy she made it through, despite this is most likely a 2014 situation.

I think it was a great performance more than the running order that mattered here and because the song itself is refreshing as a whole.

This entry has never been among my very favourites, but I appreciated it for what it is so I was happy for Lea & Slovenia.

FilipFromSweden

I for real thought she had technical issues and my heart stopped. The song is a guilty pleasure and I'm happy it made the cut

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
For me the biggest shock qualifier of the year. I feel like this overcame a lot of hurdles to make it through and it's a pleasant enough surprise too. The performance was very good BESIDES that gosh darn awful fake technical error thing. It made me and my friends cringe as we realized what she was doing. I did actually think an error had happened at first and I felt awful for her in that brief moment before it instantly became clear what happened, and my eyes then almost rolled into the back of my head. I found it a lame gimmick, and what's going to be the plan for the final? Going to repeat the same trick again? Just sing the song. You're good enough to do it and your music deserves better. It annoys me enough when music videos stop and start for unnecessary dialog, and now we've got it at Eurovision...... yay.

Musicosity

Douwe Bob also interrupted his song and for me it did not work so well either. Kicks you out of the song.

tuorem

262K views xcheer which is more than Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, Hungary and Sweden atm :eek:

Carian

[MENTION=14374]Carian[/MENTION] Alesia Michelle should be like "yaas kween!" right now :lol:

I'm so genuinely happy for you guys xheart I'm crying. So happy for Lea as well. My hot favourites made it to the final, it's gonna be lit.

Have you seen Alesia's reaction video to the qualifiers? She jumped into the air and was jumping around like nuts hahahaha Besides ESCUnited team, one of the few who liked the song and believed in it, though they all questioned Lea's chances since this is ESC after all :)

Btw, I think that Lea was not a boarder qualifier. Her YT views are even higher than Benjanim Ingrosso's!!! Honestly, I am quite certain she was in top5, but I could be mistaken.

DanielLuis

I hope they won't do the same fake technical mistake thing on the final. It'll look so tacky. The people that believe it was real (and there are a lot of them) will feel so cheated on saturday when they see the same thing happening :lol:
Plus the performance is so good without it.

Top Bottom