Contact us

Slovenia SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

How do you rate the entry?

38 19.8%

17 8.9%

20 10.4%

17 8.9%

13 6.8%

18 9.4%

18 9.4%

10 5.2%

9 4.7%

11 5.7%

21 10.9%

• Total voters

Carian

1st half, she'll open the show :(

Luckily you were mistaken. She is actually in a very good position if you ask me. Moreover, Lea herself said the other day in one of the interview she would love to perform early on in the show, cuz waiting is exhausting for her and she'd prefer to do her job and wait and have fun for the rest of the evening. I guess, her wish has come true.

Anyways, she said yesterday to RTV SLO that she didn't care about the final result. She achieved her goal, which was basically to qualify, and in the finals she only wants to enjoy, do proper job, and have fun :) That's my gurl hahaha

Carian

Slovenia is a hot topic right now. :lol:

Congrats! xclap

I had a hunch before the semi, but after the performance I was 100% sure.

To me, she feels like this semi´s winner.

Hahaha, Yazy, thanx, but you exagerate :) Rybak and Melovin probably picked all the televotes from the ex-USSR. No chance Lea was even close top3. Otherwise, I am curious how Sweden's Benjamin fared in the semis. Also Denmark. Sorry, guys, but I really didn't like Denmark.

A-lister

Veteran
I hope they won't do the same fake technical mistake thing on the final. It'll look so tacky. The people that believe it was real (and there are a lot of them) will feel so cheated on saturday when they see the same thing happening :lol:
Plus the performance is so good without it.

I think it worked for the semi, and there will be lots of new viewers tuning in during the final, so maybe it could work again... but if it's part of the routine, I think they should just make it as a "public sing-a-long" and connecting moment rather than "acting" that there was a technical glitch.

Carian

For me the biggest shock qualifier of the year. I feel like this overcame a lot of hurdles to make it through and it's a pleasant enough surprise too. The performance was very good BESIDES that gosh darn awful fake technical error thing. It made me and my friends cringe as we realized what she was doing. I did actually think an error had happened at first and I felt awful for her in that brief moment before it instantly became clear what happened, and my eyes then almost rolled into the back of my head. I found it a lame gimmick, and what's going to be the plan for the final? Going to repeat the same trick again? Just sing the song. You're good enough to do it and your music deserves better. It annoys me enough when music videos stop and start for unnecessary dialog, and now we've got it at Eurovision...... yay.

Well, a lot of people liked the fake power failure. I guess, it depends. But I don't think it is about whether you like it or not. It has more to do with getting your attention. And it obviously did. You know, already Madonna said, better bad publicity than no publicity at all. ;)

Carian

I hope they won't do the same fake technical mistake thing on the final. It'll look so tacky. The people that believe it was real (and there are a lot of them) will feel so cheated on saturday when they see the same thing happening :lol:
Plus the performance is so good without it.

Unfortunately for you, she will. She is not allowed to change anything. I've heard the first grand final rehearsal. This time she says: MUSIC AGAIN??!!? Everything is the same (cuz it must be) only the word AGAIN is the novelty :)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Stop harrasing Americans LOL I am laughing hard now. One American playing Lea's song in some gay bar in SF Yay Area.... Funny staging. :)

Hehehe, it was actually in Cleveland, Ohio, which, fun fact, has the largest concentration of Slovene Americans in the country. :D But either way, no one noticed, so I couldn't evangelize :(

tuorem

Hehehe, it was actually in Cleveland, Ohio, which, fun fact, has the largest concentration of Slovene Americans in the country. :D But either way, no one noticed, so I couldn't evangelize :(

Too bad I wasn't with you, we could have performed the choreography together to spread the word. :D

Carian

Oh, Cleveland! Funny fact no 2 is that the majority of Slovene descendants in Cleveland are actually people from my home region! :) I saw a documentary a couple of years ago that some of them started to look for their ancestors' homeland recently, and since Hungarians called us "Vandals" (don't ask me why - we are not Germanic Vandals) at the time those emigrants left here. So, their descendants thought that their parents had immigrated from Denmark to USA LOL :lol:

Once the name-error mistery (caused by Hungarians) was solved, they (sadly) realised that they are "only" Slovenians. Fun fact no 3 - now they visit their relatives every year and have village meetings and parties. If you are a "Vandal" too, you should come. :mrgreen:

Anyways, yes, stop harassing Ohio people. Not only do they NOT know what Eurovision is, they probably even don't know what Slovenia is (nor where). :lol: I guess they would soon tell you: HVALA, NE xrofl2

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=14374]Carian[/MENTION]

Congrats! xyaaay

Now, let's fight for Croatian televoting 12! :p :lol:

Mrm

Veteran
I don’t understand a word in her song while she is singing, except "Hvala ne” :D and in Slovenia I normally speak Serbian they speak Slovenian and I understand…but in this song, NOTHING.. :?
I have been to Slovenia for 1st may holidays!
Kovecski Rog, Kocevje, Novo Mesto, Dolenjske Toplice, Postojnska Jama, Zagreb (Croatia), Trieste (Italy).. :)

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION]

I was close to Logatec...I traveled on the road Ribnica - Cerknica - Postojna. :D Postojna cave is GREAT!

How are you satisfied with semi results? Your Waylon didn't disappoint you? I was disappointed with him, I din't fall for this performance.. :( i had him a lot higher before the semi..

What is your ranking in the final now, I can find some video or list? :)

Mrm

Veteran
I think it worked for the semi, and there will be lots of new viewers tuning in during the final, so maybe it could work again... but if it's part of the routine, I think they should just make it as a "public sing-a-long" and connecting moment rather than "acting" that there was a technical glitch.

Do you like the entry?

EscGeek

Veteran

I was close to Logatec...I traveled on the road Ribnica - Cerknica - Postojna. :D Postojna cave is GREAT!

How are you satisfied with semi results? Your Waylon didn't disappoint you? I was disappointed with him, I din't fall for this performance.. :( i had him a lot higher before the semi..

What is your ranking in the final now, I can find some video or list? :)
Good to know that you had fun :D

I can never be fully satisfied with the results... Polish NQ was a shock for me..I also expected Switzerland and Latvia to make it, but i guess not :(
I'm happy for Lea.. she was my favorite from the day when we've heard all of the ema snippets. #FeelsGoodMan, #SizeDoesntMatter xyes:mrgreen:

When i saw San Marino's performance i was so stunned, that i completely missed Denmark. Lucky for me, it was the same as in the NF :lol:
Moldova wowed me too.. They were so fun to watch.
Regarding the first semi, i think i'm the only one here defending :mk: Marija's outfit... (You know that feeling :mrgreen:)

I'm also satisfied with Waylon of course. Performances were great! Except maybe Sennek's performance wasn't what i had in mind, (at times she looked scary) but the song is too good to be a fader on my list. I actually haven't made any huge last minute changes this year. I'll make a top video after the final as always, but here's the old one
http://escunited.com/forum/threads/17005-Eurovision-2018-Your-Top-lists?p=1804782&viewfull=1#post1804782

Mrm

Veteran

hahahahaha watch out, Spanish fans are so agresive, you see Spanish video from the semi has 43 000 likes..and they now blame Portugal and Bjorkman for tehir slot in the final (2).. :lol:
They grew on me though, after that performance I liked t. :D

They are now my no12 in the final... :lol:

I see Netta is still your no2..i hope she wins.. xyaaay
I think Slovenian televoting will love her so much!

Did you like our entry and performance in the semi, it remains your number 14!?

This is how I vote in the final:

1 point Denmark
2 points Czech Republic
3 points Australia
4 points Serbia
5 points Israel
6 points Albania
7 points Slovenia
8 points Portugal
10 points France
12 points Bulgaria

xdancexcookie

Mrm

Veteran

And your number 40 is almost the first in betting odds now to take the trophy! GOOOSH!

We have to stop that win somehow!! :eek:

Yoozek

The silence was intentional? :eek: Good lord, i thought it was an actual error. :lol:

The lights/lasers wouldn't spoil at the same time, the stage would still do it's thing. That's when I knew but damn that was good and really got me at start.

eerik

I can't get over how Estonian the name Lea Sirk is.

EscGeek

Veteran
[MENTION=12196]Mrm[/MENTION]
I know all about spanish fans.. last year they were praising me on youtube only because i had Manel higher than most people :lol:
but 2014 and 2015 is a different story though... :lol:

Yes, you're still #14. I like that there are three girls now :D
I was surprised at qualification though

Top Bottom