38 10.4%

188 51.6%

• Total voters

Scooby

Re: SAN MARINO 2012

I like Senit live performance :oops:

makkillottu

I suppose we should wait till the official confirmation comes...There are no reliable sources which provide this info

There is a much reliable italian blog about it: http://www.eurofestival.ws/2011/08/...cipazioni-di-italia-e-san-marino-allesc-2012/

They says that much probably they'll be in Baku for 2012, although NOTHING has been confirmed yet. They says that the signal are positives, one of them is the partecipation at Junior Eurovision 2011 in Yerevan!

No news about Italy, which hasn't neither discussed the project after the Grand Final, last May.

Yamarus

I would love to see San Marino participate again! Andorra should come back too.

Charly

Giovanni Di Stefano the Chairman and CEO of MGM-PYE-PATHE RECORDS announced today that his record label will be holding the International Music Awards in the Republic of San Marino in 2011 and that he would award the first option to the television rights to San Marino Television. International artists in the music industry will be invited to San Marino and nominated for the International Music Awards. Mr Di Stefano said: "Today many years ago in 1600 San Marino presented its Constitution and today on its anniversary having considered a number of countries that can host this event I have decided upon San Marino."

Mr Di Stefano stated that it was the desire of his record label to also sponsor a festival in San Marino to find new talent to enter in the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest which San Marino have previously participated. "I have a lot of faith in Carmen Lasorella and the whole crew at San Marino TV and just because they are a small station does and will not ever exclude them from participating in major events," said Di Stefano.

The gala event next year will see the promotion of major and new talent and Mr Di Stefano confirmed that the ideology of his record label is to allow everyone a chance at recording. The company stated that anyone can nominate an artist for an award for best song from any country in the world. " This is about music and songs and being recognised talent not about stardom," said Di Stefano. " But next year the person who receives the MGM-PYE-PATHE RECORDS Lifetime Achievement Award will indeed be surprised," stated Di Stefano.

AlekS

Veteran

^ That man wanted to be in charge of 2011 selection but SMRTV pawned him. If they sign a deal expect something retro.

oh, and it seems that we've got the 1st candidate from his label:
Popeonbodylores.gif

pope.gif
:lol:

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran

r3gg13

ESCToday:

SMTV, the national Sammarinese broadcaster, has informed esctoday.com that they intend to participate at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest scheduled to be held in Baku. Hence it is most likely we will see San Marino's 3rd Eurovision participation in 2012 in Azerbaijan. No official annoucement has been made yet by the broadcaster regarding this matter, a decision and official announcement is expected in the coming weeks.
San Marino debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2008 with Miodio who flew the Sammarinese flag in Belgrade with the song Complice. In 2011 San Marino returned to the Eurovision stage after a 2 year absence with Senit and her entry Stand by.

Stay tuned to esctoday.com for the latest information and news on San Marino and the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest.

http://esctoday.com/news/read/17960

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

That's really good news, I was slightly concerned so now I can breathe a sigh of relief

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Broadcaster SMTV is probably going to be selecting the artist and song internally which shouldn't come as a surprise.

{url=http://esctoday.com/news/read/18120]SOURCE[/url]

A-lister

Veteran

^
Cross my fingers for Paola & Chiara this time around

There were some rumors about them entering for San Marino last year, I even got some post that SMTV decided between them and Senit but eventually went for the latter choice.

I think a microstate like San Marino will always have a hard time attract some act to enter for them, so if they can get hold of P&C then it's quite good imo.

Senit's song was one big sleeping pill, it wasn't even a laughable kitsch ballad, it was just extremely generic imo.

AlekS

Veteran

^ Yep, thats' correct. They applied last year and they better apply again :twisted: :)

A-lister

Veteran

^ Yep, thats' correct. They applied last year and they better apply again :twisted: :)

I don't know what organizers at SMTV were smoking though when choosing a very generic ballad by an artist with very amateur-ish and bad back-catalogue over Paola & Chiara, who atleast had one European hit and still makes some decent Eurodance/pop.

GRE

Well,i think that THIS is the big opurtunity for San Marino to qualify in the final.
Why?
1)They are in the weak semi,with 18 countries.
2)They are in the second half of the semi.
3)Italy is voting in this semi.
4)Also can get points from Albania,Greece,Spain.
5)We can see some weak national finals in this semi like Austria,Finland,Latvia and also maybe a joke entry from Montentegro.
So they need a good song and nothing is impossible!

penguinperson

Well,i think that THIS is the big opurtunity for San Marino to qualify in the final.
Why?
1)They are in the weak semi,with 18 countries.
2)They are in the second half of the semi.
3)Italy is voting in this semi.
4)Also can get points from Albania,Greece,Spain.
5)We can see some weak national finals in this semi like Austria,Finland,Latvia and also maybe a joke entry from Montentegro.
So they need a good song and nothing is impossible!

Completely agree this is the best chance a micro-state will ever have & I hope they don't bugger it up.

Scooby

Not bad, not bad at all. Like it

Top Bottom