Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Chorizo

Chorizo

I take back what I said about Polina

SHE DESERVED BEING BOOED !!!
As one of the biggest supporters of the booing in 2015, I'm happy to hear that more people agree now that it was the right thing to do and that she deserved it.

Chorizo

#BanKirkorov should do the trick here.
Everyone openly supporting Russia should be banned as well, of course. You can't ban Russia for a war but then let the outspoken supporters of that war participate anyway. That would be ludicrous.

Chorizo

Where do people get that information from?
I think that's not news. He doesn't want anyone in NATO but everyone in Russia and who knows what in his butt...

EscGeek

Veteran
Polina's point of view just confirms my argument about the type of news one is exposed to and how influential that can be when forming an opinion about something :cool:

popavapeur

I'm gobsmacked our stupid HoD didn't say a thing about it.
We always have something to say in France and now some people have their fucking mouth shut. What the actual fuck
gonna pick the worst song in our NF, buy a lot of sim cards, watch them win and finish last in May.

EDIT : and let's not forget about the actual EBU president which is a french woman. meh meh meh I'm ashamed.

Lance Esgard

I honestly won't be able to hear A Million Voices again. I had appreciated the performance (hoping that despite the contrast between the message and what Russia had done, it represented a heartfelt difference of opinion within Russia). But I know better now.

I also had more tolerance than others here had for Kirkorov. But now any respect or sympathy I had for him is gone.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Better late than never, it shows that when we as fans raise our voices we can make a difference. Sure, it's 13 years too late (Russia invaded parts of Georgia back in 2008 already), but yeah the only right decision by the EBU was done.

At least I don't have to boycott Eurovision, one of the highlights of the year, this time.

Top Bottom