Contact us

Running order for 2013

lucian-crusher

HUGE LOL !!!

How can you know that in advance ? It's like they say "Oh, France, your song is shiт, let's place you on spot 1 so you'll be in the bottom 5 where you belong..."

Because it's not among the favourites to win! I think they had a list like :dk:, :ua:, :no:, :it:, :az:, :ge: and :nl: wich are the hot favourites. They placed them in good positions as far as they could (they couldn't give Anouk more then 13) and then they took the others and aranged themn by genre. It would've been to bad to open the Final with the bottom songs from the odds, so they took the best song they could find and that is :fr:.

LalehForWD

yes, but their performances are never valued as fair as they should be :(

What would you expect? :D
It's not like they're trying very hard to win. Rather running their own race. Which is fine really, kind of enjoy that.
I think Amaury Vassili got a huge chance but blew it on stage.

LalehForWD

HUGE LOL !!!

How can you know that in advance ? It's like they say "Oh, France, your song is shiт, let's place you on spot 1 so you'll be in the bottom 5 where you belong..."

Now you're just argumental, you perfectly understand the point. Besides I don't believe absolute starting position have a such big impact, rather what the surrounding songs are.

Quent91

It would've been to bad to open the Final with the bottom songs from the odds, so they took the best song they could find and that is :fr:.

It would have been fair to the songs that are more difficult to appreciate... Acting this way is going to increase the chances of the favorite songs and let all the rest in the bottom, which is really unfair...

angry

how can it be that the Netherlands draw first halve, but has to perform after the break? Is that true?

LalehForWD

Because his headset was sabotaged and he couldn't hear anything back.

Oh, I didn't know that. :( sabotaged?
I was just a casual ESC viewer at the time, but I remember I was underwhelmed by the performance and couldn't understand why he was so lame.

Quent91

he sang quite wrong at the beginning of the song.

if you rewatch him, you can see he doesn't stop touching the little box on his back to try to fix it, and at the end he quickly removed the haedset from his hear... he also comfirmed it after the show. it was alright during the rehearsals but in the final, it went wrong.

angry

At least it is perfect for Denmark.
I thought 1-13 break 14-26, hence first and second halve

angry

so it is now

01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06
07 - 08 - 09 - 10 - 11 - 12
13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18
19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26

hmm

lucian-crusher

It would have been fair to the songs that are more difficult to appreciate... Acting this way is going to increase the chances of the favorite songs and let all the rest in the bottom, which is really unfair...

It's not like they put it in 2nd. Second is the worst position, the only one that never won! I am sure that if :uk: would've drawn first half they would've opened th show! I think SVT cares a lot about how the show will look on TV and obviously :fr: opening is a great thing, much better then :lt: of course :D

Mickey

Besides I don't believe absolute starting position have a such big impact, rather what the surrounding songs are.
I did the stats here.

Stats Corner – Running Orders and Halves | Thank You Europe

Those who argue that the producers have no motive behind their running order other than pacing the show should look at Netherlands. Both times they've been given the latest placing possible. Is it really fair to give an act a plum draw just because they've been performing badly for years?

angry

Those who argue that the producers have no motive behind their running order other than pacing the show should look at Netherlands. Both times they've been given the latest placing possible. Is it really fair to give an act a plum draw just because they've been performing badly for years?
I think Netherlands is not that Lucky in the finals, why you think it is nice to be moved after a break?

DanielLuis

The running of the first songs was terribly off-putting and apparently led to many viewers switching off. As far as I remember they give this as a reason for 2012.

2006 is indeed a good example of that. Gosh, almost all the first few songs were horrible.

BOOOM

Ah, my google of plum draw seemed to suggest otherwise, but I dont think its good for Holland to be moved in right after a break.

DanielLuis

Armenia should be 13th and the Netherlands 12th. What were they thinking?

Top Bottom