Contact us

Running order for 2013

Milos-BC

I expected a lot from :se: but so far I am getting one slap after another. I didn't support the removal of LED screens, small stage and one host, but this is the absolute top of dilettantism.

What is next, we will have votes being read inside the venue, with no spokespersons?

A-lister

Veteran
They are freaking IDIOTS! SVT are hypocrite cretins! They want to emphasize democracy yet they want to rule this contest as a dictatorship xpuke

Someone good starting a petition? This rule just CAN'T be imposed! I want as many as possible to write to their broadcasters (the ones handling ESC nationally) and write against this and that we all start a petition against this rule. Someone being good at starting a Facebook group?

I want all countries ending up in the beginning dropping out! If this rule will be imposed, I want this ESC to become a big fiasco. It's not up to the producer's to choose! Where's the fair and unbiased in that?

Björkman wants to control ESC the way he controls MF xpuke

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
In a nutshell

Different from previous years, the producers of the show will determine the exact running order of the Semi-Finals;
The running order for the Final will be determined the same way. The producers of the show will determine the exact running order. Only the starting position of the host country will be determined by draw.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
This is a terrible decision, I'm at a loss for words. I know that it probabaly wont' matter but someone should start a petition.

penguinperson

Truly idiotic. Not that it helps those that sign off the producers decisions come from only 7 countries.

NikkiBoy

Sorry Sweden, our good friends, but you guys are destroing ESC..

Milos-BC

And check this out:

"To assure a fair distribution and sufficient availability of tickets over neighbouring countries, the Reference Group also decided that Denmark and Norway will perform in different Semi-Finals at the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest. A draw held at the EBU headquarters determined that Denmark will participate in the first Semi-Final, and Norway shall be represented in the second Semi-Final".

xcrazyxcrazy

This is pure urination on everyone who loves ESC. They are determining where their neighbors will perform too, separately from the rest. Why didn't Azerbaijan decide where Turkey will be, or us where Croatia and Monetenegro will perform?

This is a pure mockery. ESC shouldn't be MF, ESC is ESC. And this isn't even MF this is bulls*t!

Steffan

Who do they think they are? And more importantly... why the hell did the EBU agree to this? I can not see even one reason why this would be a good idea... even in theory... it's just totally absurd and unnecessary...

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I really am at a loss for words. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but bring back Azerbaijan as hosts! As Milos said, It's one slap in the face after another.

A-lister

Veteran
Well, we shouldn't give up without a fight atleast?

I say don't mess with the ESC fans!!!

My suggestion is still to

a) Write to your national broadcaster (in particular the ones being responsible for ESC) and complain about this (well you could tell that now there will be no fair way of choosing the starting order which conflicts with neutrality and could harm the country's position which would be SVT's fault then and not the fault by coincidence).

b) start a petition against this mess

c) start a facebook group

^ Now I'd gladly help out but neither facebook groups or petitions are my stronges things, but I think we should co-operate here against the evil machinery of SVT wanting to destroy ESC.

They are morons, they said democracy and coming together would be the leads for this contest but with these rules they are destroying all that!

NeonProject

I hated the fact that Azerbaijan hosted the contest... But Sweden is turning out to be churning more corrupt ideas than Azerbaijan did!

A-lister

Veteran
I hated the fact that Azerbaijan hosted the contest... But Sweden is turning out to be churning more corrupt ideas than Azerbaijan did!

I know right? It's crazy! And the most pathetic thing is that SVT said they will emphasize on 'democratic values' :lol:

See, this is Democracy Sweden Style... such idiots, but then again it could be a blessing in disguise because this truly expose Sweden's official view on 'democracy'...

I knew SVT would be trouble, but by each day it's turning more and more farce-like.

Steffan

I mean I get what they are doing, to a certain point... They want to ensure exciting show and prevent things like 5 ballads going one after another... but still this is just wrong... I mean even if they do not fix the draw or try something suspicious, people will still accuse them of being corrupt and fixing the show... Nothing good can possibly come out of this for SVT or Eurovision in general...

Will they even use pots from last year or will there be a possibility of, for example. all exyu countries being in one semi...

This is bad...

CPV4931

Already 1st April? Otherwise I couldn´t explain this desicion -.-
An intervention into the running order means an intervention into the chances of the different countries by the producers - and this really shouldn´t be...

LalehForWD

I guess you're right in the observation that the ESC reference-group (whoever are in this group) is focusing on the contest as a TV show and prioritizing issues supporting this, rather than wishes from ESC enthusiasts. On the other hand, the ESC enthusiasts seem overly conservative and against any changes. I'm not sure where my opinions are. The only argument so far against the idea is the suspicion of corruption, right? So a system that effectively removes any chances of corruption, but gives the TV producers more freedom than simply chance, would surely be better or what?

I don't believe for a second the ESC reference-group are evil morons or paid off by someone. They must have thought this through carefully.

Top Bottom