Contact us

Presentation of votes

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters

alca

I made this poll in the old forum so I thought to make it again to see your opinion now. :)

I miss the old voting presantation. You know...
1 point goes to...
2 points go to..
etc

I miss the excitment of that voting. I was like: "Oh my God! Where is the next point going to?" I don't mind if it was taking too much time! It's the thrill that I loved! :eek: :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Voting since 2006. 40 countries are voting, it would take too long. The voting shoudn't take too long. Remember that not only hardcore fans are watching ESC, the casual and mainstream viewers do not have the patience having to sit around and watch every single vote being announced.
So I am in support of the current system (which won't change)

alca

Matt said:
Remember that not only hardcore fans are watching ESC, the casual and mainstream viewers do not have the patience having to sit around and watch every single vote being announced.

Well they should become hardcore! Who can't love ESC? :lol:

Matt said:
So I am in support of the current system (which won't change)

Yeah unfortunately :cry:

Milos-BC

Voted for "since 2006". Yes, the old method was exciting, but it would take really too long having to wait that long with every vote announced.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I understand why they cut it short, since there are SO many voting nations involved now. But I still miss the old way of presenting the votes. The excitement and thrill is almost gone now, it flies by so quickly.

MrJadeEwen

i voted for the pre2006. but personally i'd like to see 6,7,8,10,12 announced and 1,2,3,4,5 shown on the scoreboard. for the reason that a country could gain all the 7's without a single 8,10 or 12 and win.

Etl

Definitely the old way!
Who cares if it takes longer? We wait this show for a whole year and we enjoy every minute of it. So, it's kinda funny to say that you like a certain voting system, because people don't like the other system. Just say what YOU like and let the planning of the system to the producers.

alca

Honestly I didn't expect the new system to "win" in this forum. We are all hardcore fans in here! :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Yep, personally I prefer it the old way but it obviously is totally understandable why they can no longer do that.

AlekS

Veteran
alca said:
Honestly I didn't expect the new system to "win" in this forum. We are all hardcore fans in here! :D
I'm hardcore fan (for much longer than you, btw) and I chose the new system.
I don't wanna waste my time for something that I can watch in the I-net after the show. I prefer to experience ESC performances live, not the results :lol: Imo, it brings more negative things than positive. + The voting process shouldn't be longer than the concert part, it's not EuroVoting Contest :evil: :lol:

AlekS

Veteran
94ayd said:
How can it be negative when you hear the name of your country way more often?! :shock:
wtf! Hearing how many 0's you've got is not negative???!!! :roll:
People accumulate this crap during the voting process (they concentrate on voting more than the show) as a result we have bigger amount of uber fanatics full of s--t whining about politics and "this country never gives us points!" ... :evil: :lol:

And again I'll repeat - this is not EuroVoting contest.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
AlekS said:
94ayd said:
How can it be negative when you hear the name of your country way more often?! :shock:
wtf! Hearing how many 0's you've got is not negative???!!! :roll:
People accumulate this crap during the voting process (they concentrate on voting more than the show) as a result we have bigger amount of uber fanatics full of s--t whining about politics and "this country never gives us points!" ... :evil: :lol:

And again I'll repeat - this is not EuroVoting contest.

That pretty much sums it up. Since they introduced the new voting system, germany was in the Top 3 only ONCE (Thank you Bulgaria :mrgreen: ) and while it would be nice to hear our name more frequently, it would also get old after a while, especially some of those folks are soooooo slow and then they screw up and we have to start over..........no thanks!!!

Top Bottom