Contact us

Possible Venues

GermanBango

I have a strong feeling it will be the Ericsson Globe. It is not too big and it is not too small, just the way SVT likes it. Big artists like Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande has very recently had shows there, and the Swedish Idol finals are always there. Last final (December 2014) had a stage that I believe would be the ideal size for SVT to have, I think this clip truly shows the potential of the Ericsson Globe:

I doubt it will be Malmö again, Europe are going to scratch their heads and start to wonder if Malmö is the capital city of Sweden.

Don't get me wrong, as long as the production is good I can live with Eurovision in smaller venues (e.g. 2014) but we are talking about Sweden here. That means most of the fans are expecting a little more - One could probably fill Friends Arena with fans from Sweden alone! That's why I think it's kind of unfair towards all of us to get smaller and smaller every year. It wouldn't bother me that much if Melodifestivalen wouldn't be held in such a big arena while the MAIN EVENT will most likely be held in a hall with not even a quarter of Friends capacity. That's fishy for me.

I guess it's gonna be Gothenburg and again no live Eurovision for me (and most of the other fans) then :?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Omggg please be Stockholm. xpray I won't be able to go if it somewhere like Linköping or Sandviken, and it will be a push for Gothenburg and Malmo.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Omggg please be Stockholm. xpray I won't be able to go if it somewhere like Linköping or Sandviken, and it will be a push for Gothenburg and Malmo.
Linköping is pretty accessible, though. Only 1-2 hours by train from Stockholm, and roughly 200 SEK (~£15) one way. Sandviken is about 2-3 hours away from Stockholm in a similar price range.

But I hope it's Stockholm for sure!

Pawhlen

Scandinavium or Tele2 Arena

I´m pretty sure it will be one of those two, Linköping come on, their arena can take 8000 during hockey games (9000 on Concerts) and the town is not that good at all.

Sandviken is just :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: xrofl3

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I hope it's Stockholm for personal touristy reasons but I don't mind if it's Gothenburg either. I'd rather not go to Malmö though

strajker

Tbh, please be Malmö. lol

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Tele 2 or Friends. Don't waste this opportunity again Sweden. Go big or go home.

lilka

Mattan

Tele2 is the one, yes. Malmö was a plan B and with no ice hockey, Stockholm is the obvious choice. Since Friends withdrew their bid, you'd think SVT would still want to make the contest a big one and pick Tele2. Globen? Hopefully not.

Gothenburg didn't get it in 2013, and Scandinavium won't cut it against its competitors. The other option is Ullevi, and it's far from realistic.

Pawhlen

Tele2 is the one, yes. Malmö was a plan B and with no ice hockey, Stockholm is the obvious choice. Since Friends withdrew their bid, you'd think SVT would still want to make the contest a big one and pick Tele2. Globen? Hopefully not.

Gothenburg didn't get it in 2013, and Scandinavium won't cut it against its competitors. The other option is Ullevi, and it's far from realistic.

They need to build a roof over it in that case and that will for sure cost more than it taste.

So if it will be Gothenburg, it´s Scandinavium

FilipFromSweden

I've heard Scandinavium is too old for them to construct a proper stage? Built in 1971

Pawhlen

The chairman for AIK says that Friends Arena don´t want to host ESC so you can stop dreaming about that it will be there

The same article also mentions that the cost for ESC in Malmö 2013 was 28 million Swedish Krona

Pawhlen

I still think their prio list is this:

1. Tele2 Arena
2. Scandinavium
3. SAAB Arena
4. Globen

If they don´t manage to get a solution for having Tele2 Arena, I think they will go for Scandinavium and Gothenburg

Top Bottom