60 29.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
If you count Polish diaspora then the view-count isn't surprising...

And also she and this whole song is such trainwreck that it becomes entertaining to watch...

I mean the Polish "hate" her. Why even bother clicking to watch her individual performance video? If I don't like something, I wouldn't even waste a single second of my time to watch it.

At this point, I feel they are either just hate-watching her (so they can be nasty about her) or maybe they are secretly in love with her. LOL!
Where are you, my closet Blanka fans....

Bejba Kween Blanka singing "Solo" LIVE @ a Polish FM Radio Station Show

Last edited:

lilka

Guys, I'm really touched by your support for Blanka. I personally am still what you would call a Polish hater, but it feels nice knowing that she's not lost yet.

ArmpitOfEurope

Time to change the thread's name to

POLAND 2023 - Backing Vocals (feat. Blanka) - Solo

Have you heard the mic feed of Subwoolfer last year? Literally all of the chorus was pre-recorded, this is actually nothing new to Esc, you would be shocked at how many use heavy backing vocals.
That girl from Bulgaria in the group that was singing Bones, was pretending to sing a big note at the end while another female vocalist in the back was doing it 😆 so yeah... welcome to Esc!

Iker

Veteran
Have you heard the mic feed of Subwoolfer last year? Literally all of the chorus was pre-recorded, this is actually nothing new to Esc, you would be shocked at how many use heavy backing vocals.
That girl from Bulgaria in the group that was singing Bones, was pretending to sing a big note at the end while another female vocalist in the back was doing it 😆 so yeah... welcome to Esc!

They should ban pre-recorded vocals save for maybe minor intrusions that are instrumental-like again.

I really dislike that change.

Courtzer

They should ban pre-recorded vocals save for maybe minor intrusions that are instrumental-like again.

I really dislike that change.

The official rules say that pre recorded backing vocals aren't allowed to assist the lead vocal in any way and no one is allowed to lip sync but I feel like people broke those rules last year and probably will again this year cause the EBU doesn't seem to care to enforce it

MopManMoss

Veteran
I’ve heard the instrumental revamp and I’m pretty sure it’s going to push reiley up from the bottom spot for me, I hate dance breaks with an absolute passion they’re so artificial and go against nearly everything I love music for

crashworld

Veteran
omg there's a dancebreak for the esc version and it's a BOP

Are you kidding me? Blanka is the gift that keeps on giving. We don't deserve her.
To be honest, the song clocks in at 2:34mins, so not surprised they want to utilize the remaining 30s to showcase her talents.

AndroZeus

Exactly, she has you watching her again and again, pa-pa-pa-power over you :xo::p
Good reference to a song that's basically about the same theme but, unlike Solo, is actually listenable!

Iker

Veteran
The official rules say that pre recorded backing vocals aren't allowed to assist the lead vocal in any way and no one is allowed to lip sync but I feel like people broke those rules last year and probably will again this year cause the EBU doesn't seem to care to enforce it

I agree with you. However with Subwoolfer they had an easier time possibly bending the rules because of their masks. As a matter of fact they could have used other vocalists from the back stage and just pretend + do their choreography.

Top Bottom