60 29.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lilka

We should change our broadcaster.
Are you suggesting TVN? Maybe, but I cannot imagine Kurski letting that happen. :(
I think we should not let Europe humiliate us again. We are a proud country.

blue00eyes

I don't know about TVN. Could be them.

Sometimes I think TVP is hopeless, the way they choose ppl internally, then change the rules halfway process, deadlines are so short, stagings hardly ever elevate the songs. The way they hype things but at the end it's just not there.

lilka

Is Viki Gabor alrerady eligible? How old is she? I don't like her, but she should try at some point.

DanielLuis

We should withdraw. There is no point for us to take part in this circus anymore. Literalny, whatever we sent, juries hate. And lol, swedish jurors put us second last... lol
Too bad your bright delegation made your entry out to be a total and complete joke with those ridiculous effects

lilka

Today it´s her 15th birthday ;) sto lat, sto lat... :D

2024 will be the first year in which she´s eligible to enter Eurovision.
Oh, really? Didn't know that. Being Polish, but living in other reality... :D

A-lister

Veteran
We should withdraw. There is no point for us to take part in this circus anymore. Literalny, whatever we sent, juries hate. And lol, swedish jurors put us second last... lol

I agree that the juries are mistreating Poland, but let's be honest most of the Polish entries have been weak and the live performances/stagings have almost always been a mess (including 2022)... it's not "just" the juries fault, the Polish delegation is really bad at picking good entries and selling them correctly in the show (unlike with jESC).

Ochman was a lost opportunity, he had one of the best live vocals sure, but it's not just about the live vocals and I warned about this in the 2021 thread when alot thought he'd be top. 3... the song wasn't that well produced (it should have been reworked or frankly another song closer to the stuff he released prior), he is not a very charismatic singer let's be honest (yes he looks good but he is not good at selling a song) and on top of that the Polish delegation (as per usual) created a messy staging (those visual effects were a hot mess and didn't help enhance the entry at all, quite the contrary).

I say it every year, TVP's involvement should be as little as possible... and I will go back to the 2014 example again (which yes was unfairly treated by the juries, but remains iconic nevertheless) where a popular song/act was chosen and they were given artistic freedom for the staging/show as well (something TVP clearly don't know how to handle).

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I agree with everything @A-lister said.
Personally, I don´t think that Ochman significantally "lost" due to the horrible effects (he still entered the Top 10 in the televoting). I honestly believe that the EBU tried to cancel Poland and Australia even by placing them around Sam´s "Space Man" who got one of the best overall packages this year.

What´s the point of letting three similar MALE vocalists perform following each other? It´s the same like making Australia 2018 and Finland 2018 performing next to each other (two well-crafted and energetic pop songs performed in English by female artists). Seriously, the running order mechanism/system have become highly abusive towards some participants/broadcasters whilst the Netherlands, Sweden and Big 5 countries miraculously get the best slots EVER f*cking single time (as long as their songs aren´t completely useless/non-competitive like "Sister" or France 2015). THIS has to stop.

Anyway, the juries mistreat Poland, for sure - but so far - we haven´t been able to come up with the perfect entry/staging yet and this year, the juries were able to choose from a lot of "jury-friendly" songs performed by male vocalists. Clearly that factor heavily influenced televoters and jury members alike (like 2021 when we saw "too many" female bops).

ESC94

Personally, I don´t think that Ochman significantally "lost" due to the horrible effects (he still entered the Top 10 in the televoting). I honestly believe that the EBU tried to cancel Poland and Australia even by placing them around Sam´s "Space Man" who got one of the best overall packages this year.

What´s the point of letting three similar MALE vocalists perform following each other? It´s the same like making Australia 2018 and Finland 2018 performing next to each other (two well-crafted and energetic pop songs performed in English by female artists). Seriously, the running order mechanism/system have become highly abusive towards some participants/broadcasters whilst the Netherlands, Sweden and Big 5 countries miraculously get the best slots EVER f*cking single time (as long as their songs aren´t completely useless/non-competitive like "Sister" or France 2015). THIS has to stop.

Anyway, the juries mistreat Poland, for sure - but so far - we haven´t been able to come up with the perfect entry/staging yet and this year, the juries were able to choose from a lot of "jury-friendly" songs performed by male vocalists. Clearly that factor heavily influenced televoters and jury members alike (like 2021 when we saw "too many" female bops).

I agree with you, the running order didn´t do Krystian any favour and there were simply too many slow songs performed by young men.

I still think he did a great job though and I´m sure he has a long career ahead of him. :)

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran

And I agree back with @Mainshow :)

ESC'22 was very heavy on "jury friendly songs" and yeah the corrupted "producers choose the running-order" is clearly just put there to favor certain entries and/-or Poland (and not at all about what EBU claims to have a "diversified running-order" as we clearly see that's not happening).

I do also agree, like already pointed out, that there IS a jury bias against Poland, but it's not as if Poland really sent something really strong so while some entries might have been downvoted by the juries, most of them didn't deserve a much better outcome in the end of the day anyways let's be real here and alot of the blame is to be put on TVP and the Polish delegation that somehow just don't "get" ESC.

I just don't understand how the same broadcaster can manage jESC so well and completely mishandle ESC, but then again jESC isn't something that I care for much and the competition isn't as tough either but still TVP "gets" it.

lilka

So if there IS a bias, how to break it? :cry:

A-lister

Veteran
So if there IS a bias, how to break it? :cry:

Well, like I wrote there is a bias but it's not as if TVP makes a good job with picking entries and staging anyways so I am not sure if it would make such a big difference in the end of the day.

The job in the end of the day is for Poland to send a complete good package for a change and it's almost been a decade since that happened...

LivingOrganism

I guess as a Polish ESC fan I might as well add something to the discussion. I personally don't think there is a lot of "bias" in Eurovision. Everything depends on the quality of the enty as a whole. Ochman this year is a perfect example, showing that in order to finish high you have to excell in every aspect of the performance. Fans (we) often only concentrate on the song itself, but we can't forget about stuff like performance, camera angles, lighting, charisma etc. I started watching Eurovision in 2016 and for these 6 years I have never seen Poland do well in any of these. Yes, we sometimes have good songs (like River in 2022 or Light Me Up in 2018), but the execution is severly lacking.
As for the "bias" thing, I just don't believe in it. Look at countries like Portugal, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium etc. They usually don't finish high (or even don't qualify to the GF at all), but when their entry really deserves it, they do. For example, Portugal won the contest in 2017, even though the last time they had qualified to the Final before that was in 2010! Sure, we have countries that consistently do good or bad, but my opinion is that, if someone really deserves it, they get the top 10 placement. Poland 2022 simply didn't deserve it. Ochman has a beautiful voice and the song itself was really good, but the staging and special effects were far from top 10 material.

Poland

Are you suggesting TVN? Maybe, but I cannot imagine Kurski letting that happen. :(
I think we should not let Europe humiliate us again. We are a proud country.
There is one problem, namely TVN for many years is not good music. The only alternative to TVP is only...
download.png

That station make many music stations, live concerts and many good talent shows.
TVP uses the principle of checking, i.e. the artist first wins a talent show (Alicja Szemplińska, Krystian Ochman) or a festival in Opole (Tulia, Krystian Ochman) and only pre-selections or both at different intervals. Following this trail, the brick favorite for Eurovision from Poland is .... Karolina Lizer (the one from the song "Czysta Woda" which won the preselections and then in something like Eurovision the "Premiery" competition at the festival in Opole.

Last edited:

lilka

Polsat is good for "Taniec z gwiazdami", "Twoja twarz brzmi znajomo (YFSF)" and so on. And that's it. They know how to make a good entertainment show, but have no idea about producing good music.

blue00eyes

"Dancing with the stars" was first aired on TVN I think. Now Jamala dancing there, I dunno..

I believe Polsat has a bigger budget than TVP and more artists would be willing to work with them. Plus a fresh approach is really something I want.

Top Bottom