Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

i anixi

I was flabbergasted when this won, couldn't believe it. I still think it's one of the worst Norwegian entries I can remember and I'm pretty sure it won't qualify.
I feel like laughing when I see this around the top 10 in the bookies. Still, there's money to be earned if you place a bet on its non qualification, I'm sure. There are a lot of very good songs this year, the guy looks silly in his over used costume and the song is totally bland, un-instant and forgetful.

Iker

Veteran
Ohh no. norway is between Croatia and Cyprus. a bad song by itself will look especially terribly bad disaster between 2 good songs like el diablo y tick tock.

We will always remember you norway with a nostalgia especially after semi 1. :cry: xcry :cry: xcry
I dislike this entry but I feel pretty confident it will qualify.

i anixi

Not at all sure "El Diablo" and "Tick Tock" are 'good' songs too, by any standards and even if they're not very tight.
Many songs on that line as well, so it's a strong possibility some of them will be lost on the way. Cyprus and Greece are the most likely to lose out in my book.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

Why are people comparing this to Hoobastank's "The Reason"? That one was a great track, this one not at all. This to me sounds like a cheesy dated bland and forgettable boyband ballad performed by some random flop boyband that was launched on the German market in early 00's only to be forever forgotten. This is offensively cheesy and dated. For the second year in a row I dislike a Norwegian entry, sorry neighbors but this is a bottom 5 song for me.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • I like the song's message.
  • The vocals and the instrumentals blend well.
THE BAD:
  • This is a dated sound, in my opinion.
  • It's also kinda boring.
THE VERDICT:

For me, this song is kind of just there. It's not a bad song, and it's not a good song. It's just there. This might be another of my bathroom break songs. He is going to have to really sell the song with a good performance. I don't see how this song gets to the Final otherwise. 7 points

MalagaToledo

Banned
Tix will enjoy watching finale of eurovision 2021 in the comfort of his home. I wish him safe travels back home.

Franzilein

Can only repeat what I wrote some time earlier. This song is very melodic and memorable. That he seems to do well with the bookies is really no surprise at this point.
The biggest question mark remains the staging. Not sure if it will resonate with the audience and juries, reminds me a bit of Finland 2018 – also a very melodic song, but the staging was a tad too much. Still have the comments of my friends (casual viewers) ringing in my ear; "I like the song, but why does she have to ruin everything with her outfit and show?" :lol: xcry

MalagaToledo

Banned
That he seems to do well with the bookies is really no surprise at this point.
Define definition of well? Ohh my sweet innocent child, have you not learn anything from previous experience with bookies. Is this your first esc? First of all, they would have been 1. In the odds by s huge margin if it was Keiino, so 10th place isn't good cause only medals count esp cause with keiino it would be a victory.

Secondly, bookies never get it right, they fail every second (even) year with predictions for the winner and they fail every year with predictions for every other place. Especially with the places bellow top 3, they fail everything. This year it will be such a fail with bookies. It's all random. They have put malta, france( we know they will finish in bottom 5) and suisse in the top. All boring, sleepy, slow songs are on top. None of them will finish in top 10.

Bookies literally mean nothing in esc and they should be abolished. :lol:
I mean you can see by who they put on top and by them putting tix (non qualifier) on 10th that everything is so random. :lol:

Pål Nordahl

Hated everything about this song when I first heard, and I still hate everything about it. The change from Norwegian to English made it even worse. Sure, TIX is a charismatic performer with an emotionally appealing back story, and he writes some excellent music. But this kind of dated boy-band style pop makes me want to vomit. And the staging? :rolleyes:

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but I'm happy to be. Norway's music scene is so diverse and interesting! I hope next year we can send something in the style of Highasakite, ARY, or Susanne Sundfør.

Jopi

It's rare that a singer can transmit emotions if he is not looked in the eyes, but Tix somehow manages to do that... At least I, feel all his emotions even without knowing what the song was about (norwegian version).
He also has some sort of smoothing / gentle voice that really goes right into your heart, lol my expressions

33bf48024f2c35023dbc09f0ce4f282b51735c25.gifv

People should really be careful with using the word dated in ESC... If this is dated, than we can call Malta dated, France, Greece, Poland, Iceland, Lithuania........It's just not the right word.. And in ESC 'dated' is often used as an insult...Hate that word, not everything needs to be 2021, we can have some throwback songs like countries mentioned.

A-lister

Veteran
People should really be careful with using the word dated in ESC... If this is dated, than we can call Malta dated, France, Greece, Poland, Iceland, Lithuania........It's just not the right word.. And in ESC 'dated' is often used as an insult...Hate that word, not everything needs to be 2021, we can have some throwback songs like countries mentioned.

But this IS dated, and while you're right that most entries in ESC aren't particularly groundbreaking or on trend, there are still differences.

I mean whatever floats one boats, but this really sounds like a forgotten b-side of some early 00's flop boyband and I wouldn't really say calling something for what it is an "insult", now if someone likes this sound or feel nostalgic to it that's totally fine. I also like "dated" entries every now and then.

However to my taste, this song itself is an insult... but again taste differs.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Are we seriously talking about one of the most dated and cheesiest ballads as winner potential now? xshrug
If we are talking about dated fallen angel, that doesn't have potential to even qualify, let alone win or anything like that. Just my honest opinion. Some ppl are delusional i guess. I can name shame them, but some of them are already in my ignore list. They need reality check. Most of them hate the song, but are doing what poli Genova would say Na Inat.

Anyway, safe travels tix back home after sf2..
Just imagine voting for tix because he is your biggest star, just to realize later that europe has completely different opinions than u. Norway almost every year qualifies and this will be ironic that their modt popular singer fails to bring their norway in final when everyone else does. It must hurt his ego, his career and his reputation.

Jopi

But this IS dated, and while you're right that most entries in ESC aren't particularly groundbreaking or on trend, there are still differences.

I mean whatever floats one boats, but this really sounds like a forgotten b-side of some early 00's flop boyband and I wouldn't really say calling something for what it is in an insult, now if someone likes this sound or feel nostalgic to it that's totally fine. I also like "dated" entries every now and then.

However to my taste, this song itself is an insult... but again taste differs.
That's what it sounds to you.. For me, it simply doesn't. Maybe it gives a boyband vibe, but production wise sounds REALLY good. So for me, it can't sound cheap, since it's not.
So yeah, it's all from a subjective perspective I guess.

A-lister

Veteran
That's what it sounds to you.. For me, it simply doesn't. Maybe it gives a boyband vibe, but production wise sounds REALLY good. So for me, it can't sound cheap, since it's not.
So yeah, it's all from a subjective perspective.

I mean everyone has different taste in music so it's all subjective in the end of the day, all we can express are our own opinions. I respect your opinion and yeah taste differs, but it does sound like that truly. Now whether that's a good or bad thing comes down to taste.

Pål Nordahl

There's very little can make me like this song, but comments from Malaga Toledo might change my mind. You can express your opinions and be respectful of others at the same time.

Top Bottom