Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

Jopi

Yes, I was just refering to your statement
But this IS dated

It sounded like it's generally known that this song IS dated... But as I said, I guess it's a personal view.

Also, I really hate words outdated and generic in eurovision. I really hate them..:ROFLMAO:

There's very little can make me like this song, but comments from Malaga Toledo might change my mind. You can express your opinions and be respectful of others at the same time.
Haters often have miserable lives...

A-lister

Veteran
It sounded like it's generally known that this song IS dated... But as I said, I guess it's a personal view.

Also, I really hate words outdated and generic in eurovision. I really hate them..:ROFLMAO:

Well, there ARE dated and generic entries, there's no point in denying it.

With that said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and taste, there is no "right or wrong" here... I loved Norway 2019 and alot of people called it dated and I can understand where they're coming from with it, I don't see it as an "insult".

Jopi

The majority of people (at least in ESC fandom, but yet we know how ESC fandom can be toxic af) use 'dateed' as an insult, that's the vibe I get... There's nothing wrong for some song to be 'a throwback song'... That's just my opinion and the whole point.;)

MalagaToledo

Banned
This song is dated by definition of dated and it's standards. We can all put our pink glasses, sugarcoat it as long as we want, but the song is dated and the Lyrics so cheesey. And those wings, i mean, it is getting worse and worse and worsening regarding him and norway. I mean we've seen wings so many times in esc. This Song Is stuck in 2002.

A-lister

Veteran
The majority of people (at least in ESC fandom, but yet we know how ESC fandom can be toxic af) use 'dateed' as an insult, that's the vibe I get... There's nothing wrong for some song to be 'a throwback song'... That's just my opinion and the whole point.;)

I mean I hear your point, my issue is not however people like these songs (people can like whatever they want), I do however find it problematic if they fair well in the contest but that's another topic ;)

Jopi

As it is a personal taste, it should not be 'problematic' just 'meeeh that finished high?'.
I mean, I don't like most winners, or even high placings in esc, but that's just how it goes.
There's nothing offensive with this song, as it is implied it's about mental health, which is really important these days.
Personal taste = result... That's just how it goes..

MalagaToledo

Banned
It should be pronounced rule in esc that it's crime that in 2021 ppl use feather wings in eurovision. Whoever does that should pay a fine. And how can I explain it to someone who isn't esc fan that ESC is something good and not just ppl in Wings when they will use tic as contra argument in their favour.

I know there is no way that no(R)way gets to final. OMG, noway no(r)way Is in the final. :lol::lol:

Yazy

I remember commenting a while back how I think that this has a potential to be a dark horse.
I still stand by that (heck I´m even more confident about it than before).

Winner? Hell no!
Middle of a scoreboard in the final? Yes, I can imagine that happening.

MAD20

Although I strongly want this song to NQ, let's assume it's Norway and it'll be in the final for sure. I've never understood why Denmark, Sweden and Norway tend to qualify more often with cheesy songs than Iceland or Finland do. For me they are the countries with higher advantage in semis together with Azerbaijan, Russia and in the past Turkey. Seems like separated brotherhood in Nordic countries, it must be related to who belongs to Scandinavia and who does not :lol:

MalagaToledo

Banned
I remember commenting a while back how I think that this has a potential to be a dark horse.
I still stand by that (heck I´m even more confident about it than before).
You based that on what Solid Elements?? You are basing that on what? Have you heard fallen angel, have you seen staging and Wings, and read Lyrics.:lol: Have you Heard all other Songs in semifinal 1. :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
As it is a personal taste, it should not be 'problematic' just 'meeeh that finished high?'.
I mean, I don't like most winners, or even high placings in esc, but that's just how it goes.
There's nothing offensive with this song, as it is implied it's about mental health, which is really important these days.
Personal taste = result... That's just how it goes..

I find it problematic if juries vote for this though, and the problem lies in that the contest looses credibility (different taste aside).

I think it's far stretched to look at the lyrics particularly deep, because they aren't, quite the contrary.

Jopi

I find it problematic if juries vote for this though, and the problem lies in that the contest looses credibility (different taste aside).

I think it's far stretched to look at the lyrics particularly deep, because they aren't, quite the contrary.
My guess is that juries won't vote for this haha, so that's a first thing.
Second, I find it more problematic for juries (since you are mentioning them) that they tend to vote for the same countries, including even your own.. Juries aside.,..
But the problem is.. You say you don't have problem with personal music taste with people, they can like this entry... But.. If it places high or let's say win, that is problematic...? How can it be, I mean, people vote for their favorite (as their personal taste) so if this entry or any other gets the most votes.. It just means that there's a bunch of people that just likes that.. And it's their personal taste..

A-lister

Veteran
My guess is that juries won't vote for this haha, so that's a first thing.
Second, I find it more problematic for juries (since you are mentioning them) that they tend to vote for the same countries, including even your own.. Juries aside.,..
But the problem is.. You say you don't have problem with personal music taste with people, they can like this entry... But.. If it places high or let's say win, that is problematic...? How can it be, I mean, people vote for their favorite (as their personal taste) so if this entry or any other gets the most votes.. It just means that there's a bunch of people that just likes that.. And it's their personal taste..

Well, juries tend to like stuff like this so who knows xshrug , I completely agree with you though that the juries favoring certain countries (like Sweden) is also a huge problem.

Well, firstly I don't think this will do that good with the public, but yes the problem lies in the credibility of the contest, not so much about personal taste. I distinguish the two here.

Jopi

I mean, if ESC didn't lose credibility after Toy winning, than I think ESC is safe.. It will be fine, even with Norway placing in top10 let's say.
Although I see no reason at all to question the credibility of eurovision for a song about mental health as it should be taken seriosly and my guess is that most of 'general public' will take it for what truly it is.
I don't get how juries tend to like stuff like this? I mean like a stage show? They usually hate over the top performances.

Yazy

You based that on what Solid Elements?? You are basing that on what? Have you heard fallen angel, have you seen staging and Wings, and read Lyrics.:lol: Have you Heard all other Songs in semifinal 1. :lol:
Yes. I heard the song. Many times.
I heard other songs from semi 1. Many times.

What is my basis? Personal feeling. That feeling developed from watching contests from previous years and witnessing many times how songs that got polarizing reception ended up doing better than anyone expected.

The song being dated and the staging being too much for some people does not guarantee elimination.

Journalist

Me reading that Norway won't qualify, that TIX will earn 0 points, that jury don't like him, that televotes don't like him, and that KEiiNO will win 2021 with Monument, that TIX's 380333 votes are 'case of identity', that TIX will finish as 19th from 17 songs, that each song will earn 100+ points and that each song is wow omg amazing gorgeus (when we compare them with TIX's), that wings are copied, that devils are copied, that song is pure copy, that everything is mess bad awful.

And one another me, who already knows that TIX is qualified. (Don't ask who do I know, well if you don't need to...)

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
What is my basis? That feeling developed from watching contests from previous years and witnessing many times how songs that got polarizing reception ended up doing better than anyone expected.
Like what polarising songs?? Give us examples?? Were you referring to Euro Neuro or roko blazevic. :lol::lol:

Jopi

Me reading that Norway won't qualify, that TIX will earn 0 points, that jury don't like him, that televotes don't like him, and that KEiiNO will win 2021 with Monument, that TIX's 38033 votes are 'case of identity', that TIX will finish as 19th from 17 songs, that each song will earn 100+ points and that each song is wow omg amazing gorgeus (when we compare them with TIX's), that wings are copied, that devils are copied, that song is pure copy, that everything is mess bad awful.

On point ahahhaha

I mean it can be compered to Jacques 2017, but even then, Fallen ANgel is far more sincere than My Friend...

A-lister

Veteran
Me reading that Norway won't qualify, that TIX will earn 0 points, that jury don't like him, that televotes don't like him, and that KEiiNO will win 2021 with Monument, that TIX's 38033 votes are 'case of identity', that TIX will finish as 19th from 17 songs, that each song will earn 100+ points and that each song is wow omg amazing gorgeus (when we compare them with TIX's), that wings are copied, that devils are copied, that song is pure copy, that everything is mess bad awful.

And one another me, who already knows that TIX is qualified. (Don't ask who do I know, well if you don't need to...)

:lol:

Aren't there discussions like these in all threads though? It's sorta what we do here, share our opinions on songs and analyzing potential outcomes, if no one said anything it would be very silent :lol:

Top Bottom