Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
This is such an unnecessary drama, isn't it? :poop:

94ayd

Thanks Matt.

To provide context for this post, Slavi Trifonov was the host of a Bulgarian talk show since 2000, initially the most popular in the nation and also popular amongst Bulgarians abroad, including in North Macedonia. He cancelled his contract in 2019 to form his own national TV network where he now hosts a late-night talk show. That same year, he also formed his own 'big tent' populist political party.
You forgot to mention the drama, when he and Sofi Marinova were part of our very first ESC national selection back in 2005 and instead of performing their song, he held a speech explaining the winner is predetermined (due to SIM-card fraud) and it was the eventual one:

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
You forgot to mention the drama, when he and Sofi Marinova were part of our first ESC national selection back in 2005 and instead of performing their song, he held a speech explaining the winner is predetermined (due to SIM-card fraud) and it was the eventual one:

Ahhh ... those infamous simcard queens ... where are they these days? Gone are the days of their fame. I remember certain singers from Azerbaijan and Malta being labelled like that, lmao. Oh, and from a couple of other countries too as well.

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

You forgot to mention the drama, when he and Sofi Marinova were part of our first ESC national selection back in 2005 and instead of performing their song, he held a speech explaining the winner is predetermined (due to SIM-card fraud) and it was the eventual one:

i actually had drafted a couple sentences about that, but then I decided to leave the Eurovision trivia be and stick to what I thought might be more immediate context about the guy as the immediate question in my mind seeing the post was 'Who is he to say this?'

But yeah, that's quite the video.

A-lister

Veteran
You forgot to mention the drama, when he and Sofi Marinova were part of our very first ESC national selection back in 2005 and instead of performing their song, he held a speech explaining the winner is predetermined (due to SIM-card fraud) and it was the eventual one:

Wow, I'm surprised the broadcaster didn't intervene somehow, although I must say he probably was correct.

The winner song I sincerely can't see Bulgarians voting for tbh (it also rightly flopped in ESC) wheres the Sofi/Slavi entry was more en par with music that was actually popular in Bulgaria at the moment (and I think it's the only song from that selection that went on to have some life afterwards too right?)

A-lister

Veteran
Ahhh ... those infamous simcard queens ... where are they these days? Gone are the days of their fame. I remember certain singers from Azerbaijan and Malta being labelled like that, lmao. Oh, and from a couple of other countries too as well.

:lol:

Wasn't it more like Azerbaijan used a simcard scheme in small countries like Malta to get 12p in their televote? I think there was something with some Azeri mobile company even operating in Malta if I remember correctly.

Also, didn't the Russian delegation buy simcards en masse for Russian diaspora groups in neighbor countries?

Yeah, those were "the days" and we got two of the most disliked ESC winners of the past decades 2008 and 2011 :lol:

Stiven

Okay so after Vasil got support from SDP instead of gaining support he actually lost some because it just cemented the main reason why he got selected (political rather artistic) Slavi Trifunov (who is more infamous here than famous) reaction certainly won't help. Yeah we got another Martin Vucic I can't really see him recover his fame and career (which was already non-existent) after this. And all MRT had to do is not select an artist based on political and nepotistic base not that Vasil is completely innocent as he had two public calls for songs despite the fact that he already had authors in mind and selected their songs (which although not illegal is still highly immoral).

Last edited:

94ayd

Wow, I'm surprised the broadcaster didn't intervene somehow, although I must say he probably was correct.

The winner song I sincerely can't see Bulgarians voting for tbh (it also rightly flopped in ESC) wheres the Sofi/Slavi entry was more en par with music that was actually popular in Bulgaria at the moment (and I think it's the only song from that selection that went on to have some life afterwards too right?)
To be completely fair 3rd place also became a big hit on the pop channels, even 6th is much more famous and watched compared to the winner (views speak on their own.) I remember my parents were rooting for the eventual winner, guess the group was considered more refined and suited to Eurovision... Never liked them myself, but neither did I enjoy Edinstveni (hate Slavi Trifonov's guts).

crashworld

Veteran
Now that all songs have been released (except Belarus, but I doubt I will like the artist's song to make a huge change).
I am re-evaluating all songs as per studio form and re-looking into my grading system and how I have ranked the songs according to my personal preference.

North Macedonia is now in my last place, so I am downgrading the rating to a :1:.

Ianp16

Watched/listened to this properly for the first time today. To me, it's complete trash.

Also, has the Bulgarian flag colours been removed from the official ESC upload because I couldn't see them. xbeee

hijirio

Veteran
This should be taught in classes as to why juries have to leave Eurovision for good.
How does an artist dare to think he can get away with such an uneventful and bland song in the olympics of music ..............

ayzelto

I appreciate the good vocals and the power towards the end of the song, but for a competition like Eurovision, this is a non qualifier. 4 points.

Top Bottom