Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

This is just awful, it's the worst entry this year hands down. If the juries push this pure crap upwards then I dunno what to say, they probably will, but seriously a song like this shouldn't even exist in this time and age. At least some dated cheesy "Disney musical-esque" ballads have some sort of memorable melody, but this even lacks that and is just an annoying 3 minutes of vocal show off with absolutely zero substance. The whole composition is really offensive.

Iker

Veteran
What is your favourite and least favourite Macedonian entry?

My fav: 2007 'Mojot Svet'
My least fav: 2015 'Autumn Leaves' or 2021 'Here I Stand' - I can't stomach both equally.

Realest

2005 the Best
2018 the Worst

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • This is a nice classic-sounding song.
  • Some nice vocal highlights.
THE BAD:
  • This is the most Disney-esque song I have ever heard.
  • It's just not my cup of tea.
THE VERDICT:

There's a reason that a song with an orchestra hasn't won in a while. While a Disney-sounding song can be really good, this song is only okay. I don't see this in the Final. If it does get there, it'll barely squeak by. 6 points

shameless

BEST: Definitely Kaliopi, queen should've made the top 10 and be countries best result to date

WORST: yeah this year, last year is 2nd worst

Shadowfuxcs

BEST: Definitely Kaliopi, queen should've made the top 10 and be countries best result to date

WORST: yeah this year, last year is 2nd worst
No way, 2000 has to be their worst by far. Also there was a staging with a very offensive strip show, I think it was in 2010.

As for the best it has to be 2004. Would finished top 5 if it represented Greece or Turkey at the time.

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

BEST: 2006 there is no question about it and im surprised y'all forgot about it

WORST: idk, 2014 maybe? 2018 is good only because it is iconically bad

Iker

Veteran
No way, 2000 has to be their worst by far. Also there was a staging with a very offensive strip show, I think it was in 2010.

As for the best it has to be 2004. Would finished top 5 if it represented Greece or Turkey at the time.
Yeah, 2000 was dreadful too. The song sounds like some trite bottom 5 JESC entry, and their live vocals were horrenduous. And don't let me start on the styling (but it's a common issue I have with contestants from Northern Macedonia).

Iker

Veteran
For me top 5 of Northern Macedonia based on the song + life performance was
1. 2007 (ok, not a great one objectively but I love the melody and the lyrics are so lovely, and I have some nostalgia for it)
2. 2006 (such a bop!)
3. 2012 (deserved much higher place overall)
4. 2019
5. 2010

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Yeah, 2000 was dreadful too. The song sounds like some trite bottom 5 JESC entry, and their live vocals were horrenduous. And don't let me start on the styling (but it's a common issue I have with contestants from Northern Macedonia).

The fact that their 2000 entry still sh*ts all over this year's crap is saying quite alot.

2000 was kinda "fun" for what it was, although yes the performance was dreadful and obviously it was a song for its time (speaking Eurovision context), this however is offensively cheesy, i'd even listen to the horrendous live vocals of the 2000 entry over this.

Macedonia is hit or miss when it comes to Eurovision, and when they're good they often miss the mark when it comes to live performances (2018 comes to mind which was a solid entry but the performance didn't work).

Iker

Veteran
The fact that their 2000 entry still sh*ts all over this year's crap is saying quite alot.

2000 was kinda "fun" for what it was, although yes the performance was dreadful and obviously it was a song for its time (speaking Eurovision context), this however is offensively cheesy, i'd even listen to the horrendous live vocals of the 2000 entry over this.

Macedonia is hit or miss when it comes to Eurovision, and when they're good they often miss the mark when it comes to live performances (2018 comes to mind which was a solid entry but the performance didn't work).
What about FYROM 2006 (Ninanajna)? I've seen people calling it a hot mess live, I don't think it really was, if one calls it that ways than 80% of acts that year were 'hot messes'. The song was catchy, but the styling & that choreography was bad but nothing extraordinarily bad.

A-lister

Veteran
What about FYROM 2006 (Ninanajna)? I've seen people calling it a hot mess live, I don't think it really was, if one calls it that ways than 80% of acts that year were 'hot messes'. The song was catchy, but the styling & that choreography was bad but nothing extraordinarily bad.

Ninanajna was catchy and very "on-trend" when it comes to what was popular in Eurovision back then, the performance was a bit amateur though and the styling (which is one of Macedonia's big issues in ESC) wasn't good but the song was still good for what it was, imho one of the better Macedonian entries.

Iker

Veteran
Ninanajna was catchy and very "on-trend" when it comes to what was popular in Eurovision back then, the performance was a bit amateur though and the styling (which is one of Macedonia's big issues in ESC) wasn't good but the song was still good for what it was, imho one of the better Macedonian entries.

I don't understand people calling 'Autumn Leaves' good or being sad that it did NQ but sure different strokes for different folks. Yikes. In Macedonian it was somewhat tolerable but English version was my ultimate musical nightmare, and don't let me start on the performance, lol.

Top Bottom