Contact us

Nicest artists 2015

Kairit

Since we have had the Hottest guy/girl thread for forever, I thought it would be interesting to find out whose personalities you like the best and why.

I meant to make this thread a bit later.. Like when rehearsals and interviews and promo stuff begins in Vienna and you really get to see them talk more as people, but well, what the heck. So, I just wanted to know who are your favourite artists of this year (as people)? For example, my Top 5 favourites from last year were probably Valentina Monetta (of course), Mariya Yaremchuk, Sanna Nielsen, Ilse & Waylon and the Greek guys.

This is all just for fun and I don't mean to judge people or say someone is a better person than the other, because obviously we don't truly know them. These also don't count in their song, their voice or their artistic abilities, nothing about that. Just purely based on them as people and who personally genuinely seem the nicest or funniest or most interesting or coolest etc. to you or just someone you would want to hang out with. :)

Chorizo

:cz: Marta and Václav
:au: Guy
:sl: Maraaya
:no: Mørland and Debrah

based on the videos I've watched so far

DutchESC

:au: Although he is a very successful artist, he does not come off as arrogant or anything.
:nl: Very genuine and sweet.
:sl: She is just so cute!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Bojana and Lisa both strike me as positively lovely.

Kairit

Right now for me it's probably :no:. They just seem so fun and sweet and genuine and they both seem to have a great sense of humor based on the videos I've watched and they genuinely seem very good friends, which is nice to watch.

Another artist I really like is :mk: Daniel. He seems soooo sweet and he just has a very nice and charming personality and he seems to be quite funny as well.

:at: The Makemakes seem like really fun and awesome and my type of guys and I also really like :de: Ann Sophie's personality and :mt: Amber's personality. I didn't really like her at first, but now I've seen that she's actually a reaaally sweet and genuine and fun girl and she's definetly someone that's great to hang out and have a conversation with.

:ch: and :sl: and :nl: are very cute and genuine as well and very fun people who I'd love to hang out with. :)

This is a Top 36 I made once of my favourite people from last year... I'll probably make one again this year after the contest:
:D

anto475

It has to be Maraaya. I just want to go to them for loads of hugs and cups of tea and praises, they're like actual angels.

esc87fan

:ch: (Melanie is such a sweetheart)
:uk: (yes, I'm saying UK because I think Bianca and Alex are really cute and funny in their interviews)

Ritararita

Is it allowed to say that Marta and Václav from :cz: are the nicest and funniest of them all? :) Sorry if it looks like another part of my tireless Czech propaganda, but I really think they are. To be completely honest, two months ago, after the release of their promo pictures and the dark and dramatic music video, I was really worried that they are going to pretend something, to "play roles of serious artists". But once they started to shoot all the silly little messages for fans and the hilarious interviews, I was relieved that they are the same spontaneous, friendly and funny people in Eurovision as I know them from Czech medias.

:sl: They seem to be confident, but not cocky, probably because they are no beginners and they already experienced some highs and lows during their previous projects. The interviews with them are always nice and warm and thanks to them, I understand better why they are competing as "Maraaya" and not only "Marjetka, the Headphones Girl".

:au: Guy Sebastian was not unknown for me before Eurovision and it´s nice to see that even after ten years of international success, he remains "down-to-earth" and authentic.

:hu: I am far from being a fan of songs with big, fat, important messages and her song is not among my favourites. But after watching some interviews with her, I think that Boggie is nice and intelligent girl and I appreciate that she is not going to change her personality just because she is in Eurovision and everybody expect big fake smiles and over-excited statements from her.

There are some other people which seem to be nice, but also little bit unsure if they should continue in "role-playing" from their songs/music videos, or if they should dare to just be themselves. To name a few - :de: :no: and :uk:.

Kaz

The artists who seem to be quite friendly and/or charismatic to me include:

:be: Loic
:nl: Trijntje
:ee: Elina & Stig
:rs: Bojana
:mt: Amber
:cz: Marta & Vaclav
:se: Mans
:sl: Marjetka (not so much Raay)
:au: Guy
:de: Ann

On the other hand however, I don't really like the attitudes of :ro: :az: :ge: and :md:
No particular reason, I just feel like none of those artists particularly *click* with me and even seem kind of intimidating (except for Moldova :lol:)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Maraaya definitely.
Lisa also comes across really well even if she is not a fan of speaking English.
Bojana is just sweet and seems really nice.
And I am putting a vote in for Uzari and Maimuna, not because they have the best song (shameless plugging alert) but because they appear to be really engaged with the fans of Eurovision and that is nice to see!

CPV4931

After watching many of the interviews, the two Czech artists seem to be the nicest artists of this year´s ESC.
But there seem to be many likeable participaints (e.g. Ann-Sophie, Bojana, etc.) this year.

MyHeartIsYours

I've not really heard any of the other artists so I'll pass judgement on them when I hear them :p But for us I think Electro Velvet seem really sweet :)

Top Bottom