Contact us

NBA/ All basketball fans here!

CPV4931

Because of Dirk Nowitzki, I´m supporting Dallas Maveriks.

Milos-BC

I used to support Sacramento Kings because of Vlade Divac, but now I don't watch NBA too much. I am much more into Euroleague and European basketball.

aletem

Spurs all the way!!!!! Tim Duncan is a legend! :cool: Oh, and I hate the Lakers! :mrgreen: :twisted:

EmperorG

Tonight's games(I think the games tonight are the best!!):
Boston Celtics - Brooklyn Nets @ 18.00 CET
LA Lakers - NY Knicks @ 21.00 CET
Miami Heat - Oklahoma City Thunder @ 23.30 CET
Chicago Bulls - Houston Rockets @ 2.00 CET
LA Clippers - Denver Nuggets @ 4.40 CET

No Name

I love basketball as it's one of the few sports I had success at playing myself. I don't follow NBA as intensively as I used to years ago, but now that they've finally started airing the games on danish TV again I'll try to pick up where I lost it. :D

Milos-BC

^^ I was also very successful in basketball and was training it quite seriously when I was younger :D ! The coaches (all of them) advised me to play it as a profesional too. And just when I was about to sign my first professional contract (as a junior of, back then, one of the biggest clubs in Serbia - Hemofarm), I suffered an injury and stopped playing. :(

I would like to be a basketball coach one day though.

EmperorG

^^ I was also very successful in basketball and was training it quite seriously when I was younger :D ! The coaches (all of them) advised me to play it as a profesional too. And just when I was about to sign my first professional contract (as a junior of, back then, one of the biggest clubs in Serbia - Hemofarm), I suffered an injury and stopped playing. :(

I would like to be a basketball coach one day though.
Milos, the same is happening and with me now!! :eek: The coach of my school's team tells me to play basketball as a professional!! :D

EmperorG

I love basketball as it's one of the few sports I had success at playing myself. I don't follow NBA as intensively as I used to years ago, but now that they've finally started airing the games on danish TV again I'll try to pick up where I lost it. :D

Nice! :D what team do you support??

Milos-BC

Milos, the same is happening and with me now!! :eek: The coach of my school's team tells me to play basketball as a professional!! :D

Oh really? :D Well, my personal advice is that, if the coach told you that, you shouldn't make the mistake I made (even though I was more forced to do it as I suffered an injury.......but after that I kinda lost the motivation for basketball. Some of my best friends quit trainings and then I did the same. I could have waited until I recover but I didn't :( ). If you really enjoy in basketball then you really should puruse a career there.

On which position are you playing?

I personally started as a back (2) because of my great shooting abillities. When I was in a good shape I was scoring about 12-13 3 point shots per match. Almost every one that I fired got in.Then the coach tried me as a tough center (5). Because I really do have a constitution for that as well, but I find myself feeling much better on position # 2, because the play under the basket can be quite complicated, and I was better in defensive than in offensive in that case (I would contribute to a good number of offensive rebounds for my team). Because of my constitution I was goodin "locking" the racquet, but my contribution in attack as a center wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.

What are the best Cypriot basketball teams? I am quite familiar with your soccer teams (APOEL, Anorthozis, Apolon, AEL, Omonia...), but not with the basketball ones, I'm afraid.

EmperorG

Oh really? :D Well, my personal advice is that, if the coach told you that, you shouldn't make the mistake I made (even though I was more forced to do it as I suffered an injury.......but after that I kinda lost the motivation for basketball. Some of my best friends quit trainings and then I did the same. I could have waited until I recover but I didn't :( ). If you really enjoy in basketball then you really should puruse a career there.

On which position are you playing?

I personally started as a back (2) because of my great shooting abillities. When I was in a good shape I was scoring about 12-13 3 point shots per match. Almost every one that I fired got in.Then the coach tried me as a tough center (5). Because I really do have a constitution for that as well, but I find myself feeling much better on position # 2, because the play under the basket can be quite complicated, and I was better in defensive than in offensive in that case (I would contribute to a good number of offensive rebounds for my team). Because of my constitution I was goodin "locking" the racquet, but my contribution in attack as a center wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.

What are the best Cypriot basketball teams? I am quite familiar with your soccer teams (APOEL, Anorthozis, Apolon, AEL, Omonia...), but not with the basketball ones, I'm afraid.

Well, I love basketball..basketball is my life!! :D but, I don't want to make a career!! ;)

I play as a SF and my secondary position is SG...:mrgreen:
:) So I play a little bit like you...I score many shots and 3-points... :cool:
As you asked me, the best basketball team in Cyprus is Keravnos Strovolou and APOEL...:D btw, I don't watch "cypriot" basketball, only NBA...:D

Milos-BC

Well, I love basketball..basketball is my life!! :D but, I don't want to make a career!! ;)

I play as a SF and my secondary position is SG...:mrgreen:
:) So I play a little bit like you...I score many shots and 3-points... :cool:
As you asked me, the best basketball team in Cyprus is Keravnos Strovolou and APOEL...:D btw, I don't watch "cypriot" basketball, only NBA...:D

That is what I was thinking when I was younger as well, but now I am quite sad that I didn't continue my basketball story and it was a huge perspective. I am not a type of player like (sadly) most people are, and instead of going to a club where they will play and improve, they just sit on the bench until the end of the contract. That is usually the end for something serious. But of course, this is a decission that only you must bring. Think carefully before you decide.

Aha, I see :D SG is my natural position, and I can also play a center (usually people who are SF have SG as their secondary position (and vice versa), and also, for example, people who are centers have PF as their secondary position and vice versa, but there are some exceptions like mine :lol:). SG is my natural position and I think I can also play as PF and SF, but I am not sure if I could play PG. That is definetly the hardest position and not everyone can play it.

Serbia has a very good basketball tradition, as you may already know it, but we don't have a good point guard (playmaker) in years. The best European PG is definetly Bo McCaleb imo.

I know everything about APOEL because of soccer (they eliminated my club in 2009, and this year we got eliminated by another team from :cy: AEL Limassol :lol:), but I never heard of Keravnos. I will definetly try to watch some of their matches via webstream :D I used to watch NBA a lot before, but I am much more into Euroleague and European basketball now. And of course, I am always with my club Partizan :D

EmperorG

That is what I was thinking when I was younger as well, but now I am quite sad that I didn't continue my basketball story and it was a huge perspective. I am not a type of player like (sadly) most people are, and instead of going to a club where they will play and improve, they just sit on the bench until the end of the contract. That is usually the end for something serious. But of course, this is a decission that only you must bring. Think carefully before you decide.

Aha, I see :D SG is my natural position, and I can also play a center (usually people who are SF have SG as their secondary position (and vice versa), and also, for example, people who are centers have PF as their secondary position and vice versa, but there are some exceptions like mine :lol:). SG is my natural position and I think I can also play as PF and SF, but I am not sure if I could play PG. That is definetly the hardest position and not everyone can play it.

Serbia has a very good basketball tradition, as you may already know it, but we don't have a good point guard (playmaker) in years. The best European PG is definetly Bo McCaleb imo.

I know everything about APOEL because of soccer (they eliminated my club in 2009, and this year we got eliminated by another team from :cy: AEL Limassol :lol:), but I never heard of Keravnos. I will definetly try to watch some of their matches via webstream :D I used to watch NBA a lot before, but I am much more into Euroleague and European basketball now. And of course, I am always with my club Partizan :D

Now how old are you?? :D

IMO, SF is the best position...what number do you had in your team??

Top Bottom