Contact us

Mundobasket 2014 Spain

Milos-BC

:rs: 73-81 :br:

If the matches we played before could be classified as bad, than this one was a complete disaster. This is an embarrassment for any team, especially for a team that has strong basketball tradition. The way we played the first half was as if we went on a picnic. Unfortunately, I can say that this defense that we are playing is the worst on the entire championship. In fact, we don't play any defense. We are completely static and we are, like, waiting for the rival to fill us. And with this defense the rival has sort of a shooting training with walking unaffected in the racquet and having all open shots from 6,75 meters. The attack is totally improvised, without any classical action, and the control of rebounds doesn't even deserve 0. We can't catch anything. And while that was normal against strong athletic teams like :fr: it is certainly not normal that the same thing happens in, literally, every match.

:br: didn't play impressively, but they didn't even have to, since with this performance of ours, even Georgia would have easily won the match (with all due respect for them).

Sadly, today I predict that we will suffer a complete debacle and lose from :es: with 40-50 points of difference, and we are not the favorites against neither :gr: or :ar: . Whoever gets to play against us in 1/8 finals will be a huge favorite.

PamSwynford

CRO 103 PUR 82. Fair enough.

aletem

Sadly, today I predict that we will suffer a complete debacle and lose from :es: with 40-50 points of difference, and we are not the favorites against neither :gr: or :ar: . Whoever gets to play against us in 1/8 finals will be a huge favorite.
You are harsh on your team Milos. I think Serbia played well (could play much better obviously), after all the group is the toughest one. Today Serbia did well, in some moments very clumsy which costed them the result today. However, Spain was boosted by the refs. There were moments in the first quarter that the refs made some odd calls and especially the last quarter when Serbia had the drive to push. xshrug Not to mention the ******* Rubio, the ******* coach of theirs..someone will beat them before they even get to play to the States. :lol:
As far as Serbia, I think they will qualify to the 1/4-final. Lot of European teams have had problem with the consistency in the past 3-4 years, so I don't think you'll be getting a third defeat in a row and I don't think Greece will get a 6th victory in a row. And you have what it takes to go forward.

Milos-BC

:es: 89-73 :rs:

We ended much better than we thought, and it can be said that we should be happy with this result. But only with that. We are repeating the same old mistakes over and over again, and it doesn't look to me like there are any chances for that to improve. Anyway, at least we were motivated to play the best match possible at this moment and that is a positive thing. That is, actually, the only positive thing right now.

I have to mention though that the refereeing was terrible, and :es: doesn't need help like this. Their behavior was also arrogancy at its best. I just hate to see such things anywhere and especially here. But anyway, after they will (probably) take this gold, we will see if they manage to keep up when Navarro, Gasol, Rodriguez, etc.........leave the national team.

Our chances against :gr: are minimal. With this play, a miracle should happen for us to make it through. :gr: is a huge, huge favorite. They never suited us either, even when we were much better, and right now :gr: looks much better than us in all aspects of the play. It is enough to say that :gr: very easily won against all of their rivals, and we beated only :ir: and :eg: and lost from any other team that has some ambitions on this championship. That fact alone speaks alone and that is why :gr: is a favorite in this duel.

[MENTION=4392]aletem[/MENTION] : Not at all, I am just painfully realistic. Everyone who watches our team and us ourselves see what we are showing on the field. This is very sad for a team that has basketball tradition. It is not a problem to lose from :br: but the facts that we have the worst defense on the championship, that we have no rebounds on the match (neither the defensive, nor the offensive ones) and also that our attack is too much improvised are simply not good.

In order to beat and eliminate :gr: a loooot of things have to change. :gr: is a better team, they play better, they are in better form.........all aspects are on their side. We can only hope, for now.

PamSwynford

C'moooooooon Croatia! :hr: xcheer xcheer

EscGeek

Veteran
imagine all the best players from ex-yu in one team! we'd be spain and usa's biggest nightmare! Shreded in 6 pieces we can't do sh!t

spongebob-imagination.jpg

aletem

imagine all the best players from ex-yu in one team! we'd be spain and usa's biggest nightmare! Shreded in 6 pieces we can't do sh!t

spongebob-imagination.jpg
Well Spain would have no chance for sure!!

PamSwynford

Ok, why Croatia always plays an excellent first quarter and a catastrophic second quarter, which leeds to a defeat???? They could've fight for a medal, now they're going home. Like our football team.
mUW5qHz.gif

EscGeek

Veteran
we were so lucky that group D was so easy! Still,we were struggling with 4 teams we should have smashed - but top8 is here xcheer

I hope Greece,Lithuania and Spain reach the semifinals.In that case,if we lose to USA we're 5th! Good thing they removed 5th-8th place classification:mrgreen:

Luki

What an awful 3rd quarter that was... if only they don't ever get nervous once the opponent goes to +6 advantage. :?

Verjamem

I feel sorry for :hr: :( I hope that :rs: will make a suprise and qualify for quaterfinals, instead of :gr: :D

Milos-BC

I am really sad for :hr: :(

I think that the mentality itself was the biggest problem here, just like in our case. :fr: is nowhere near the team from previous years, and even though they are missing some other players as well, it is easily seen how much they miss Parker. :hr: could have beated them, they had a chance..........just too bad :(

I believe we will be knocked out today as well. I hope for the best, we have prepared for the match, but, as I said before, :gr: is a huge favorite.

Scooby

And tonight is our last game cause Greece will crush us :(

greece

I love how everyone thinks that we will win, while in Greece we are thinking that we are going to lose :/

Archer

Hope we beat :au: today. Their squad is decent and we have an unstable team, let's see what happens.

As for :gr: - :rs:, it will be a very exciting match, fortunately times are different so I'll be able to watch it.

greece

I am really sad for :hr: :(

I think that the mentality itself was the biggest problem here, just like in our case. :fr: is nowhere near the team from previous years, and even though they are missing some other players as well, it is easily seen how much they miss Parker. :hr: could have beated them, they had a chance..........just too bad :(

I believe we will be knocked out today as well. I hope for the best, we have prepared for the match, but, as I said before, :gr: is a huge favorite.

And tonight is our last game cause Greece will crush us :(
:gr: will destroy :rs: :|

You guys made me laugh xclap

Unfortunately this match improves that we will never be the fave to win... anyway... :/

Top Bottom