Contact us

Mundobasket 2014 Spain

Milos-BC

The world championship in basketball starts today, and this is where we can discuss all the matches :D

Here are the groups:

2zdrpf6.png

We are playing our first match today against Egypt :D We are the favoites, of course, and we will not run away from that fact, but since first matches are always the toughest on these championships, it will not be easy to score the victory. Still, if we start playing aggresive defense with a lot of turnovers and if we don't allow many open shots, we shouldn't have much problems to win today.

CPV4931

Unfortunatelly Germany didn´t qualify -.-

Good luck to all the participating teams!

Verjamem

Probably I won't watch any game, but I will follow the results and cheer for some teams :D
I hope that :us: and :es: won't be champion, I rather will support the ex-Yu and Eastern European countries - :rs:, :hr:, :sl:, :lt: ;)
And of course, good luck to everyone :)

LakZaNokte

won against pillipines...in OT...i guess every1 thought that 1 would be easier...but it wasn't xrofl2

PamSwynford

I almost ate all my nails because of :hr: squad! SOOC Yes I know, we have 2 points, but the game was very bad.

PamSwynford

Archer

Poor :fi: :(

Good start for us, a win is a win, I don't mind the gap.

:tr: 76 - 73 :nz:

aletem

Finland played horrible!! I guess their wildcard comes as a Nordic team has never been on a WC before and they ended in the top12 last Eurobasket and the Eurobasket before that! I am now angry at the KFM that they didn't apply for a wildcard, given that 4th place in Lithuania. :rolleyes: And they managed to qualify for the Euro2015 (wherever it will be) with a second-hand team (many thanks to Dzikic, who proved to be a great coach).

France didn't really impress in the first game.

Milos-BC

:rs:85:64:eg:

Confident and routine victory for us at the start. There were some individual and techincal mistakes, the defense could've been better, as we didn't defend pick and roll quite properly, also we missed some easy points, but then again, the most important thing is that we won without much pressure, and we will be fresh in the duel with :fr: that will be much tougher.

:fr: is definetly not the same team without Parker + they are not in form, it was seen yesterday, but still it will not be easy to beat them. Anyway, that will be our goal and we will do whatever it takes to achieve it.

EscGeek

Veteran
fun fact: Klemen Slakonja (host of misija evrovizija) made a tribute song to Goran Dragić (our best player) in wich he imitates Željko Joksimović,Modrijani and Goran Dragić :D

PamSwynford

Bravooooooooooo :hr:!!!!!!!!!!

Tinchey

Ugh I just realised we have Greece left. :| Considering we beat Argentina and Lithuania after a long long time I think we still have chances. :D

Scooby

Great game Croatia, well done. Congratulation!

Top Bottom