27 12.4%

11 5.1%

18 8.3%

14 6.5%

9 4.1%

17 7.8%

• Total voters

Paddy

I'm so happy because this song got so many points. I really didn't expect that, I thought Malta would probably end up like last year. But that's a great surprise and it also got a few points from Germany (:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
The Maltese representative at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest, Gianluca, has received a hero’s welcome home after arriving from Malmo where he finished 8th in the final, giving his country the best placing since 2005. “Security officers had to struggle to control people as they surged towards the young doctor when he showed up at the arrivals lounge, applauding and cheering”, the Times of Malta writes. Ginaluca was surprised by all the attention and well wishers who have gathered saying he never expected it. He added that Eurovision was an overwhelming experience and an excellent opportunity to meet many new people.

Terence

...and this is another song, 'Paris'

Haha, imagine if he comes back soon to ESC with something like this!! :)

Terence

Who knows!!! Oh, I forgot... I must work on that! :oops:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I was so happy Malta finished in the Top 10. Gianluca was a great guy and my picture with him is one of my favorites. The Maltese fans are incredibly passionate and I remember walking out of the press center after the Semi 2 Qualifier press conference and the Mob grabbing Gianluca throwing him into the air. They had so much fun and that is what it should be all about. Granted, it is a favorite of mine but I had low expectations as the response here was lukewarm at best pre contest.

kamc

Congrats to Gianluca and the Maltese on a super result at Malmo!

Now it is Dorothy's turn to represent the Bezzina family next year in Denmark with maybe Gianluca on backing vocals:D

Jopi

I'm soo happy for him.. The song is really cute and he is.. Idk even how to explain.. when he smiles, I smile :D

Terence

'Tomorrow' is in the UK midweek top 40, not sure if it'll hold on long enough but, wow, that would mean he'd probably be the first Maltese artist to grace the UK charts!

Milos-BC

Definetly didn't expect such a high position. I don't like the entry but I am happy for the Maltese people, as they deserved a good result after a while :D

escandesc

I never thought this would end up in such high position as I didn''t expect people would vote for this song . It was one of my faves though. I'm really glad that Europe awarded this song TOP 10. :) This song is so cute and really fun to sing. xheya

Terence

#66 in the end but this still must be the first Maltese song to make the UK top 75, so I guess that's quite an achievement!:lol:

angry

I have a Maltese friend and every year I tell him yes, your song is wonderful. That makes him soooo happy and such a nice companion. :D

This year I did not lie, I wonder if he lied to me.. :lol:

gazzerl67

#66 in the end but this still must be the first Maltese song to make the UK top 75, so I guess that's quite an achievement!:lol:

In the Radio 1 top 40 which I think is still the official UK top 40 it is at number 37 which is pretty well done

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

That is exciting, Gianluca must be over the moon. The Maltese fans were going insane in Malmo and rightfully so.

CPV4931

Not as good as "Tomorrow" imo.

Top Bottom