18 8.3%

14 6.5%

9 4.1%

17 7.8%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
I do not think this got many votes from the viewers. xshrug

I dunno, but yeah it seems to be something the juries would liked... ridiculously safe and inoffensive and in English...

hijirio

Veteran
So, there's still hope for Malta! ;)
With 3 points more, they would have been 2nd in their semi.

vavera4ka

yay! so happy for Malta!
I was so worried for this song in the Semi, but it seems like i shouldn't have been - he sailed through collecting points from almost everybody who was eligible to vote (y u no like smiles, Bulgaria? :lol: )
Also, I'm happy my homecountry - Belarus has valued this song highly.

evija87

Congratulations Dr. Bezzina! xheart
I noticed that in the end of performance he was little short of breath because of running, but it didnt seriously affect it.
This song is a lot about mood and it puts many people in a good one while listening ;)

GWTW1939

I dunno, but yeah it seems to be something the juries would liked... ridiculously safe and inoffensive and in English...

I think the musical trends in general are starting to move away from dance and more towards more natural sounds. Hungary probably benefitted from the same as well.

Also as I said after the semi this has the whole Ed Sheeran vibe to it so I really wouldn't be surprised if teen girls kept him mid table in the televote in order to achieve the top 10 overall. This song also sounded like "Hey Soul Sister" which was a big hit if I recall.

So there were probably some more factors then just a jury but I could be totally wrong. The draw and SVT didn't help him that's for sure.

cegs5

8th place for such a small country without neighbors proved once again that any country can succeed in Eurovision.

Terence

The most scary part is now they'll cheese it up even more next year when they noticed that's their recipe for success :lol:

... and here I wished for LESS cheese and more seriousness...

Haha... :lol: well the cheese was in the lyrics, as the backing music is something quite contemporary I'd say, and lyrics aren't really Eurovision's forte so nothing new there. Here's hoping it won't be such a huge nosedive next year as Malta plunges to new lows after a big result!

Scooby

I'm so happy Malta did well this year. Totally deserved spot in final (and a little bit unexpected), but Gianluca was so gorgeous and whole performance was just cute and sooo joyful

well done Malta well done

Btw Author of this song is Serbian :eek:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
8th place for such a small country without neighbors proved once again that any country can succeed in Eurovision.

xyeah I came to write this very thing, so I won't repeat you, I'll just quote you and add "without diaspora either". Next time people will start moaning "We have no neighbors, we have no diaspora, we have no friends, cry cry cry" (this goes for my own countrypeople as well) will give this one as an example of how wrong they are. If a song is destined to success, then no matter where it comes from (and how ESC fans view it), it will.

It was in my top 10 of the final but I didn't expect it to be in top 10! This came up as a surprise! And this performance was the sweetest and most innocent of the night, you can't help it but just smile while watching it. :)

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Haha... :lol: well the cheese was in the lyrics, as the backing music is something quite contemporary I'd say, and lyrics aren't really Eurovision's forte so nothing new there. Here's hoping it won't be such a huge nosedive next year as Malta plunges to new lows after a big result!

I didn't get any cheese from the lyrics at all. Russian, Armenian and Georgian songs had cheesy lyrics, this one had a cute story in the lyrics. And yeah, the music was contemporary, it's like songs of Train and Bruno Mars that chart throughout the world these days ;)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm so happy for Gianluca and Malta.. and I don't even like the song. It shows just what a lovely chap he is. His warmth literally radiates through the tv. The top 10 place for him was such a lovely surprise. Once again it was a charming performance and he had me smiling with him the whole time. Usually stuff like this would annoy me but Gianluca is just so genuine and that comes across when he's performing!

Congratulations Malta!!!!!:p

bashers

A fantastic performance last night and a well deserved 8th place! It's currently #53 in UK iTunes top 100 charts too which isn't that bad at all!

He was just amazing with the audience. He really deserved his top 10 ranking :)!

malta

cant stop listening to this song does anyone know if he has anymore songs out ??? I cant find any but I guess that's because he is a doctor but if anyone can find any please tell me

Liam

This is top 40 on UK iTunes now :eek: Emmelie is about #6 and Margaret would be a bit less than #40 when all songs are combined!

Top Bottom