Joel Marques - Believer 2.9/10
Krick - Drowning In The Rain 2.7/10
Tali - Fighter 2.4/10
Angy & Rafa Ela - Drop 2.0/10
Naomi Aye - Paumee sur terre 1.9/10
CHAiLD - Hold On 1.8/10
One last Time - Devil in the Detail 1.7/10
Edsun - Finally alive 1.5/10

Oh come on it's not THAT bad. It's just mid haha...

but yeah Luxembourg needs to change their approach completely next year.

Ajeje Brazorf

I agree with jatojo: the level is very DMGP, not necessarily bad but not good either. But Luxembourg approaches Eurovision after a looooong time, so I think some flaws should have been put into consideration from the very beginning.

Mainshow

Veteran
So the executive producer for almost all the songs if not all the song is this Israeli producer... How this implies the National Final is rigged? They can simply remove her from the jury and that's it...

Because they produced the songs first and then let the jury choose the entries which compete in this NF.

- 5 out of 8 songs got executively produced by a jury member
- 2 songs are definitely rejects from Norway and Sweden (Hello, Björkman)
- Luxembourgish producers confirmed that Luxrmbourgish artists were only allowed to advance to another round if they sing these foreign songs

If at least TWO jury members who were asked to professionally judge the submitted songs were involved in creating the songs, there's a conflict of interests.

Imagine jury members in ESC voting for their own productions, compositions in May. Would it be fair if Thali was part of the Israeli jury and awards Luxembourg 12 points in the Grand Final if one of Tali's executively produced entries wins?

Imagine Ralf Siegel had been a member of the German jury in 2013 and 2014 whilst his compositions competed for San Marino, he might have given 12 points to San Marino, no?

This NF has become the laughing-stock of this year's season.
Actually, it's embarrassing and highly unprofessional (despite the songs not being bad at all).

Jury members shouldn't judge their own productions and songs or the compositions of their pals/friends they usually work with.

That's nepotism.

Last edited:

Verjamem

Surprise, surpise: Tali Eshkoli is one of the executive producers of 3 out of 8 songs. And Tali was in the jury!!!

Seriously guys.... that's absolutely shameful and embarrassing.
:lu: should cancel this NF as it is. It's ridiculous and outrageous.
This is worse than Poland/Blanka2023
Yup, it's at least suspicious. Does it mean Polish NF last year was clear?

jatojo

Krick's "Drowning In The Rain" seems to be popular in the various polls. I don't think it would qualify, if Luxembourg were to pick it. It's basically an Elsie Bay song just not as good - and Elsie Bay lost out because of the televote.

Having listened to all songs now, I still have "Paumée Sur Terre" as my favourite, by quite a margin actually. But I'm in no way sure that she'll handle the pressure well on stage.

Kitakaze

Thinking about how well it worked for Australia and Guy Sebastian, it's a shame that there aren't more upbeat songs and that the most competitive one, Drowning in the Rain would probably have good chances of qualifying if juries were present. Bearing that in mind, I think Fighter is probably the best pick in a televote only semi since it has a bit more flavour, though it’s giving Mélanie René 2015 vibes. Not sure what Tali is like as a performer but maybe modernizing the production a bit more and switching it all to French could help elevate it?

Mainshow

Veteran
Krick's "Drowning In The Rain" seems to be popular in the various polls. I don't think it would qualify, if Luxembourg were to pick it. It's basically an Elsie Bay song just not as good - and Elsie Bay lost out because of the televote.

Having listened to all songs now, I still have "Paumée Sur Terre" as my favourite, by quite a margin actually. But I'm in no way sure that she'll handle the pressure well on stage.

Elsie Bay wrote that song but MGP said "no thank you, next".

The :lu: NF consists of:
- Edsun,
- a Norwegian reject,
- a Melodifestivalen reject,
- 5 songs executively produced by the Israeli jury member (probably rejects as well)

Marcos C

Elsie Bay wrote that song but MGP said "no thank you, next".

The :lu: NF consists of:
- Edsun,
- a Norwegian reject,
- 5 songs executively produced by the Israeli jury member (probably rejects as well)
If Luxembourg were a person, then they would be like, "Man, I don't feel so special anymore." 😢

jatojo

- Edsun,
- a Norwegian reject,

To put it simply, I'm more concerned about the influence of auto-tune than of nepotism. But both are sh..., I agree to that.

John1

Drowning In The Rain is very powerful though, I just can't fathom a non-qualification from Luxembourg if they were to pick it.

Mimmon

Veteran
My Top for Luxembourg national selection

1.Chaild-"Hold On"
2.One Last Time-"Devil in the Detail"
3.Angy and Rafa Ela-"Drop"
4.Tali-"Fighter"
5.Joel Marques Cunha-"Believer"
6.Krick-"Drowning in the Rain"
7.Naomi Ayé-"Paumée sur terre"
8.Edsun-"Finally Alive"

Overall Thoughts: Wow what strong line-up for return, clearly a quality right there so can't wait to hear them live

Magimixer

All the songs (and not only 5) are "executively produced by" T. Eshkoli because her production company is working on the Luxembourg Song Contest Show.
(and, just for info, she was hired by RTL before October 2023)

Mainshow

Veteran
All the songs (and not only 5) are "executively produced by" T. Eshkoli because her production company is working on the Luxembourg Song Contest Show.
(and, just for info, she was hired by RTL before October 2023)

Thanks for digging up that piece of information - they should have mentioned it when they gave us the credits of the songs. It smells less fishy now (it's still a pity that they forced Luxembourgish artists to record Swedish and Norwegian rejects, though).

MS.

This is a very decent national final. A lot better than in my expectations !!
My favorite has to be "Fighter". It's stuck in my head since a few days now.
Also like Drowning in the rain, paumée sur terre and believer so there is no wrong choice here.
Well done to Luxembourg! You can feel the effort to have a very good national final for their first year back.

Magimixer

Does anyone have any 'official' info about the Luxembourg Song Contest? It's in one week, and the broadcaster still hasn't published any info about how the voting will really be done (jury/public/Luxembourg/rest of world… online/SMS…) - at least not as far as I can find. We don't even know who will be presenting the show. It feels a bit like a deflated balloon before it's even started :-(

Magimixer

Well, now we know who will be presenting: Désirée Nosbusch (who was the youngest ESC presenter in 1984), an influencer :rolleyes:, a RTL news presenter and a RTL weather forecast presenter… Really glad they got Désirée Nosbusch - it's kind of 'symbolic'.

Top Bottom