1.Chaild-"Hold On"
2.One Last Time-"Devil in the Detail"
3.Angy and Rafa Ela-"Drop"
4.Tali-"Fighter"
5.Joel Marques Cunha-"Believer"
6.Krick-"Drowning in the Rain"
7.Naomi Ayé-"Paumée sur terre"
8.Edsun-"Finally Alive"

Overall Thoughts: Wow what strong line-up for return, clearly a quality right there so can't wait to hear them live

Magimixer

All the songs (and not only 5) are "executively produced by" T. Eshkoli because her production company is working on the Luxembourg Song Contest Show.
(and, just for info, she was hired by RTL before October 2023)

Mainshow

Veteran
All the songs (and not only 5) are "executively produced by" T. Eshkoli because her production company is working on the Luxembourg Song Contest Show.
(and, just for info, she was hired by RTL before October 2023)

Thanks for digging up that piece of information - they should have mentioned it when they gave us the credits of the songs. It smells less fishy now (it's still a pity that they forced Luxembourgish artists to record Swedish and Norwegian rejects, though).

MS.

This is a very decent national final. A lot better than in my expectations !!
My favorite has to be "Fighter". It's stuck in my head since a few days now.
Also like Drowning in the rain, paumée sur terre and believer so there is no wrong choice here.
Well done to Luxembourg! You can feel the effort to have a very good national final for their first year back.

Magimixer

Does anyone have any 'official' info about the Luxembourg Song Contest? It's in one week, and the broadcaster still hasn't published any info about how the voting will really be done (jury/public/Luxembourg/rest of world… online/SMS…) - at least not as far as I can find. We don't even know who will be presenting the show. It feels a bit like a deflated balloon before it's even started :-(

Magimixer

Well, now we know who will be presenting: Désirée Nosbusch (who was the youngest ESC presenter in 1984), an influencer :rolleyes:, a RTL news presenter and a RTL weather forecast presenter… Really glad they got Désirée Nosbusch - it's kind of 'symbolic'.

Marcos C

Magimixer

So here is the voting process for Luxembourg:

People seem annoyed here in Luxembourg that their song is going to be chosen mainly by 'outsiders' (50% votes = an international jury, 50% votes = audience from Luxembourg and abroad).
I get the irritation.
Much as I'd be happy if I could vote in every NF possible (let' be honest!), I think it's a wrong decision to open up the voting to an 'abroad audience' for this rather special ESC return.
RTL is having such a hard time getting the Luxembourgish/local public on board and interested in Eurovision again, so this really doesn't seem the best way to go… It's like we don't get to decide anything.
They already messed up the auditions with their 100% 'international jury' and not letting the artists sing their own songs. Now it seems like they are taking away even more of the Luxembourgish culture (and yes, there is one ;-) ).

But then again, I'm not sure how many people abroad (or even here) will take out their credit card and pay 0,99€ for casting a vote. We'll see.
I'm still very excited to see the show - and am hoping for the best outcome!

Mainshow

Veteran
International jury members. International songs rejected by other foreign singers.
International languages (no song in Luxembourgish).

Asking International fans to vote is another step to make this NF even less Luxembourgish.

The entry could still be quite decent or qualify in May but honestly, this NF is messed up. What a disappointing comeback.

Magimixer

RTL has dropped a few pictures of the stage - I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow IRL. https://today.rtl.lu/culture/music/a/2162466.html
Nothing about the running order yet, or the other guests – which is a bit stupid because I think people here in Luxembourg might be more willing to watch if they know some of the interval acts.
I'm also having much fun listening to the radio shows here talking about ESC - they are really novices, but doing their best the poor souls :p

Mainshow

Veteran
The stage looks really great.
I just wish I was more excited about the songs but the integrity and authenticity is not there.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Krick, though. If she can pull off these notes, her ballad may perform well in May so that RTL can be more proud of their local talents in 2025.

It's impressive that they got that venue, though. It's like RTL really invest in Luxembourg's comeback.

Magimixer

The stage looks really great.
I just wish I was more excited about the songs but the integrity and authenticity is not there.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Krick, though. If she can pull off these notes, her ballad may perform well in May so that RTL can be more proud of their local talents in 2025.

It's impressive that they got that venue, though. It's like RTL really invest in Luxembourg's comeback.
I'd be happy with Kriek, Tali or Naomi. With a small preference for Tali ;-) (Glad to see that Dardust posted his support for her today!)
Curious to see how they will do live.

EscGeek

Veteran
Today is a historic day.. Modern Times won't be so modern anymore *ba dum tss*:mrgreen:

Tali pls win xpray

Turns out I was sleeping on One Last Time's entry.. i'll support it now, but i still wished it slapped harder.

Mainshow

Veteran
"Believer" will be performed first and ",Fighter" will close this NF.

The running order is as follows:

1. Joel Marques – “Believer”
  2. EDSUN – “Finally alive”
  3. Naomi Ayé – “Paumée sur terre” (Lost on Earth)
  4. Angy & Rafa Ela – “Drop”
  5. One Last Time – “Devil in the detail”
  6. Krick – “Drowning in the rain”
  7. CHAiLD – “Hold on”
  8. TALI – “Fighter”

Last edited:

Neely

Désirée Nosbusch was such a refreshingly different ESC host back in the day after all the stern headmistress types, even if she didn't have the moves of Marlene Charell.

Just earlier I was mentioning to a friend what tonight's Eurovision viewing would entail and even just saying Luxembourg out loud gave a ridiculous rush of nostalgia. Hoping for Krick being selected so there's a reasonable chance of Luxembourg featuring on the score board in the final in May. It would be such a shame if their fortunes on returning prove no better than Monaco and we don't have them back for the longterm.

I'll forgive them for taking baby steps with generic material this year if they can just about qualify and have an appetite to be more competive going forward.

NemesisNick

The Luxembourg Song Contest 2024 (Luxembourg national final) starts in less than 15 minutes. Here are the eight songs in performance order:

Song 1: Joel Marques – "Believer"
Song 2: Edsun – "Finally Alive"
Song 3: Naomi Ayé – "Paumée sur terre"
Song 4: Angy & Rafa Ela – "Drop"
Song 5: One Last Time – "Devil In The Detail"
Song 6: Krick – "Drowning In The Rain"
Song 7: Chaild – "Hold On"
Song 8: Tali – "Fighter"

I've watched the preview videos in performance order, twice through, this afternoon. Altogether it seems a good selection of songs for Luxembourg's first year of ESC participation after such an exceptionally long absence. I for one am going to have difficulty choosing my favourite, but I'll see what the live performances are like tonight (if it's possible to watch the show outside Luxembourg). From my expeerience of national finals, and the ESC itself, you can't necessarily judge the songs by preview videos; the songs may sound better (or worse) live on the night.

Top Bottom