7 4.5%

5 3.2%

2 1.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Magimixer

Obviously VERY happy with the qualification - and especially happy to see people in Luxembourg FINALLY getting excited about Eurovision again! There has been such a shift since last night (both in the media and generally), which definitely would not have happened if Luxembourg hadn't qualified.

I still hate a lot of things surrounding RTL's treatment of the artist and how RTL has handled a number of things, and can't wait for Tali to be able to do her own thing once this is over. Also, I'm not expecting her to get into the top half of the scoreboard on Saturday. BUT I'm so freaking happy that Luxembourg managed to qualify for the final!!! And it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Uto

Veteran
Luxembourg straight up sending some zany 00s ethnoblarf ESC song and totally getting away with it, because yes if the song has the hooks and the performance is that tight the end product will end up speaking for itself and even I, who hates this sort of vapid summery pop, was actually watching with interest.

Mainshow

Veteran
I read on social media that :lu: just went through because "they're back after 30 years".

Ehm... 25 years, anyone?

Poor :mc:

Tali was good, imo - the performance was quite energetic, she looked great and sang it quite well.
The song might be a bit "generic" in the sense that it's an ethno-inspiried pop songs which could be a summer bop on the radio but it doesn't have to be a bad thing at all: it's catchy and Eurovision-esque.
Of course, the EBU "helped" a bit due to the running order but seriously, we've seen countries performing last not qualifying.. if Tali hadn't been great and if Luxembourg hadn't had a competitive entries, they wouldn't have qualified despite them being back.

Some of these comments are so tiring.

Btw, I also expect them to finish around 20 (or even Bottom 5) but yeah, qualifying and being back is already a success.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
She made it in because she closed and she delivered something eyecatching in a very bland, uninspired second half.

This is also the argument for Portugal, Finland and Slovenia's qualification, and the argument against everyone else's.

It's not the strongest song, but like... what exactly in that second half qualifies as such?

HayashiM

Veteran
I am thrilled about Tali qualifying - not really because of :lu: being back, more because things seemed like she is a hostage to her contract, and because I think the song is genuinely good. I always love me the Zaz vibes it starts with, and while I would have preferred Tali kept it completely in French, I think the language and dynamics switches are eventually well handled. It might not achieve anything spectacular in the finals, but a Q is a success already.

:10:

toinou03

Luxembourg in the final is so great ! She really deserves it and it's just perfect ! I can't believe we'll see Luxembourg in a final after 30 years !!! :D

Magimixer

Magimixer

Slimane & Tali are apparently planning a future collaboration. Anyone heard more about this?

Loindici

Veteran
I still think the dress and braid are... a choice, but aside of that, it's a good performance and Tali managed to pull it through.

Realest

GNfE1muWsAEyheA

Lumina

ViVillRejv

The Playstation 2 graphics CGI tigers distracted too much from the song. Most of my watch party just laughed at it.

Top Bottom