as78

:lv: :lv: :lv: :lv: :lv: :lv: LATVIA :lv: :lv: :lv: :lv: :lv: :lv:

Latvian WorldVision entries 01-13
title.jpg

as78

Re: Latvia ~ WV-10 ~ Skyforger - Migla Migla, Rasa Rasa

^
Thank you for your support. xrunhug
Of course it is very sad xcry1, but my expectations were not too high.

I just send songs that I love and I'm happy when someone loves them as much as well. And see the high scores from some people (even if not a majority) is very nice. xlove

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

I am sure if this song would send by other country (:nl: ::atti :svea: or :fi:) it qualified xcrazy

as78

I am sure if this song would send by other country (:nl: ::atti :svea: or :fi:) it qualified xcrazy

What do you mean with this? Voters don't love Latvia as a country or me as juror? xcrazy

Luki

It's something you can't really explain, but I agree, people usually unconsciounsly like something for being owned by someone or something, or for existing in a certain way. This makes no sense but it's like that. Like, once you like 3 entries in a row from :fi: you will most probably like th 4th even though it's not something you'd listen in general. Another explaination could be "the power of popular vote" when a mass likes something it is likely to attract more voters because the others want to blend in. But that's just how I see it, I've never done anything like it or never will... for me it's quite the opposite. :lol:
ANYWAY LATVIA WAS ROBBED! :(

CypriotGirl

Veteran

It's something you can't really explain, but I agree, people usually unconsciounsly like something for being owned by someone or something, or for existing in a certain way. This makes no sense but it's like that. Like, once you like 3 entries in a row from :fi: you will most probably like th 4th even though it's not something you'd listen in general. Another explaination could be "the power of popular vote" when a mass likes something it is likely to attract more voters because the others want to blend in. But that's just how I see it, I've never done anything like it or never will... for me it's quite the opposite. :lol:

I think the opposite might happen as well. If I liked one entry, or even two entries in a row from a country, it might be harder to be satisfied with the next entry because I'll compare it to the previous ones. xshrug

I don't see any logic in that to be honest. :fi: and :nl: failed this time. :svea: and ::atti failed other times. The reason why some songs fail is because they are not powerful enough to grasp votes from many people. Even though some people might love a song, if others don't give it a little bit, it will fail. Or something else, maybe it's in most people's top 10 but in lower places. It happened to our entry in WV6, most people mentioned they gave it 2, 3, 4 points. Not enough to qualify, even if everyone has you in his top 10 in #9 or #10 xshrug

Latvia qualified only 2 times? But both times it was in top 10!

Looking forward to next :lv: entry now!

Mozz

It's nice to see here in black and white what I was thinking a week ago here before I knew the results. Some people are obviously putting :nl: in the corner of 'rock music'.

People tend to put other people music tastes in one or a few categories. And if a person sends something outside those categories, that song will, de facto, have a disadvantage in those people's voting process. I'm not claiming that everybody does this, but it surely is a human tendency and it usually works at unconscious level.

Luki

I think the opposite might happen as well. If I liked one entry, or even two entries in a row from a country, it might be harder to be satisfied with the next entry because I'll compare it to the previous ones. xshrug

I don't see any logic in that to be honest. :fi: and :nl: failed this time. :svea: and ::atti failed other times. The reason why some songs fail is because they are not powerful enough to grasp votes from many people. Even though some people might love a song, if others don't give it a little bit, it will fail. Or something else, maybe it's in most people's top 10 but in lower places. It happened to our entry in WV6, most people mentioned they gave it 2, 3, 4 points. Not enough to qualify, even if everyone has you in his top 10 in #9 or #10 xshrug

Latvia qualified only 2 times? But both times it was in top 10!

Looking forward to next :lv: entry now!

I was saying in general, not trying to point out anyone's past results... I took :fi: as a random example. The word powerful is so wrong when it comes to describing the songs that qualify... because there are so many weak, yet appealing songs that go through.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

It's nice to see here in black and white what I was thinking a week ago here before I knew the results. Some people are obviously putting :nl: in the corner of 'rock music'.

People tend to put other people music tastes in one or a few categories. And if a person sends something outside those categories, that song will, de facto, have a disadvantage in those people's voting process. I'm not claiming that everybody does this, but it surely is a human tendency and it usually works at unconscious level.

what you mean? :nl: song wasn't rock last time? xcrazy I think it was and was already predicted who will like/dislike it. The same with Attica, Finland (Nightwish). But it was unexpected for the first time in WV6 with Apocalyptica and WT. From WV6 we always have few songs in this style every edition and they done very well xshrug

Mozz

what you mean? :nl: song wasn't rock last time? xcrazy I think it was and was already predicted who will like/dislike it. The same with Attica, Finland (Nightwish). But it was unexpected for the first time in WV6 with Apocalyptica and WT. From WV6 we always have few songs in this style every edition and they done very well xshrug

This is hilarious. What you write only underscores what I was thinking.

The Netherlands has sent, since it joined WV, only 2 rock songs out of 6 songs. ONLY TWO. And you already think that :nl: should be put in the 'category of rock music', like "The Netherlands is a rock country". Which for some people usually means that NON-rock music from The Netherlands sent to WV is something that must frowned at, without actually listening and judging the music as it is (and NOT by which country sent it 'Oh is this from The Netherlands?? How strange!' and 'WHO sent this?')

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

This is hilarious. What you write only underscores what I was thinking.

The Netherlands has sent, since it joined WV, only 2 rock songs out of 6 songs. ONLY TWO. And you already think that :nl: should be put in the 'category of rock music', like "The Netherlands is a rock country". Which for some people usually means that NON-rock music from The Netherlands sent to WV is something that must frowned at, without actually listening and judging the music as it is (and NOT by which country sent it 'Oh is this from The Netherlands?? How strange!' and 'WHO sent this?')

xcrazy i didn't said that :nl: is a rock country. Only one here i can say is Finland (and its actually true even in real)
:nl: was also just example, i mean exactly rock-song like this time sent Latvia, i don't understand why it didn't qualified, may be unlucky draw if what.. nevermind

CypriotGirl

Veteran

xcrazy i didn't said that :nl: is a rock country. Only one here i can say is Finland (and its actually true even in real)
:nl: was also just example, i mean exactly rock-song like this time sent Latvia, i don't understand why it didn't qualified, may be unlucky draw if what.. nevermind

The songs of Within Temptation, Nightwish, Delain, Apocalyptica, Sabaton and Elyssion that did very well in WV have nothing to do with the Latvian entry, though. Just because they both use electric guitars doesn't make them having the same chances to do well. Latvian song was folk & metal, unlike the ones I mentioned (except Sabaton that could be considered as folk metal). It should have relied only to fans of the genre, or people who usually enjoy this genre, because for others it might have been a bit too much for their taste, and it wasn't an instantly catchy song. The ones I mentioned were able to grasp points from people outside that circle, people who might not be passionate fans of rock and metal, but enjoyed these songs and voted for them because they were more appealing to the masses and catchy...

as78

Re: Latvia ~ WV-11 ~ ???

:lv: has chosen and sent its entry xcheer
This time no hints. Thanks to my friends who helped me to choose. xhug

I hope that others will enjoy it as well. :D

as78

Latvia ~ WV-11 ~ Jenny May feat. Jānis Grodums - Nāk Nakts

Latvian entry for WorldVision-11

Jenny May feat. Jānis Grodums - Nāk Nakts

xcheerxcheerxcheer

Top Bottom