8 4.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lacrymea

My hopes rely on people like me. People from the bubble who are so worried about Latvia NQ that will vote like crazy solely in them. There seems to be some love, despite the odds. We'll see... I'll be completely heartbroken if this stays in the semi.

yuki_vamp.esc

My hopes rely on people like me
Here with you, I somewhat ignore the "NQ" comments because at the end of the day they're just speculations. What matter the most is that they perform really well that even if they NQ they have my respect. And currently base on the pre-parties, they did so well! So kudos to Sudden Lights already. xlovexcheer I'll keep supporting them, because they doing their best also, it's all worth it.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I can't see this song not qualifying. It's too much quality and different to other songs in the semi to be left behind. And as the previous comment mentioned if Iceland qualified with televote last year over Latvia and Austria, I believe Latvia can this year as well over Croatia or Moldova even though they seem more televote pleasing.

MopManMoss

Veteran
With every Czech and Serbian performance I become more and more convinced that this can qualify, that Netherlands performance also seems like potential good news for the Sudden Lights lads

rasmuslights

Veteran
i don't know if you know this youtuber called Groot but basically, he held a esc vote and like 120 people voted and Aija got 3rd place, almost 2nd.

So this must mean something, I don't think we should treat Latvia as a borderline just because of the odds and Latvia's past history (it's not like any of their recent entries deserved to qualify).

lacrymea

i don't know if you know this youtuber called Groot but basically, he held a esc vote and like 120 people voted and Aija got 3rd place, almost 2nd.

So this must mean something, I don't think we should treat Latvia as a borderline just because of the odds and Latvia's past history (it's not like any of their recent entries deserved to qualify).
I love Groot. He's like your indie go-to-guy inside the youtube reactors. So I'm not surprised about those results, his audience is a bit different as well :)

rasmuslights

Veteran
I love Groot. He's like your indie go-to-guy inside the youtube reactors. So I'm not surprised about those results, his audience is a bit different as well :)

True. But there is an audience for Latvia's song this year and in the first semi we don't have a lot of other indie songs tbh - maybe burning daylight but even that is kind of mainstream as well.

lacrymea

True. But there is an audience for Latvia's song this year and in the first semi we don't have a lot of other indie songs tbh - maybe burning daylight but even that is kind of mainstream as well.
Totally. People that love Latvia this year REALLY love it and will vote for it like crazy. Not sure if there's enough of us out there, hope so.

Storm

I still have some catching up to do with the songs this year and I just stumbled upon Latvia - what a wonderful entry this is! I gave it a lower priority with its position in the odds, but this deserves to be so much higher. I fell in love with it on the very first listen - such a delicate and sincere song, well composed and unique. Definitely rooting hard for them!

Top Bottom