8 4.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

0scar

Possibly them missing out on qualifying but just 3 POINTS over that bullshit from Serbia pisses me off even more than Sweden winning over Finland lol

NeoTen

He prob would've qualified if he went more hard rock instead of The Script. Most of his votes came from Western-pop-rock countries. Think of the Finnish rong songs. Mostly a fault of the broadcaster.

TB98

Well, my 20 votes still counted for something. 4 televote points from :pt:

On the one hand, gutted they didn't make it for 3 points. On the other hand, they would definitely be close to last in the final and it would hurt.
I told you the portuguese televote would like it. It was so obvious. We love this type of entries. I was also correct about us not liking 'Samo mi se spava'. We also blanked 'Mama SC!' lmao.
Out of the NQs, we liked Latvia, Ireland and the Netherlands. Not surprised at us giving points to 'Burning Daylight' either and I'm sure they would've done far better with us had the vocals and the performance been better. They really need to bring back juries to the semis.

Andromache

I've voted for these guys and I will never get over the fact they didn't qualify. It just makes me sad. They're wonderful guys and a great band. I'm glad they tried Eurovision otherwise I and many others here would've not discovered them. They're one of the acts I will continue to follow and stream their music.

midnightsun

Veteran
I would have swapped Latvia for Serbia, though the latter grew on me slowly. Still - that was an undeserved NQ.

I would not have swapped Latvia for Serbia, wish we could have had them both! Still - that was an underserved NQ. ;)
So happy for their ROTW result.

crals

He prob would've qualified if he went more hard rock instead of The Script. Most of his votes came from Western-pop-rock countries. Think of the Finnish rong songs. Mostly a fault of the broadcaster.
"He" is a band, hard rock isn't their music genre and the broadcaster couldn't and shouldn't do anything about it.

NeoTen

"He" is a band, hard rock isn't their music genre and the broadcaster couldn't and shouldn't do anything about it.
Andreas is the founder, leader and lyricist (in the fact the only one in the group) and made sure his lyrics fit the arrangements. The broadcaster is the sole individual able to withdraw or send the artist. Both are facts listed on their single info and the EBU page. And it doesn't have to be hard rock. I meant smth a little bit more like Softengine and Blind Channel.

But, fine, let's say this soft The Script - which can also be good - is their sound forever - not like bands change their sound throughout their lives but fine. They're quite an average band in their genre. No really special vocal arrangements or great solos, there was no special camera work like the two Finnish. I mean. OGAE 0 points, only in 4 countries on iTunes throughout 40 countries, same with Spotify. On YT they are the only one country with less views than EDIT: San Marino, and that guy can't even sing live. I'll stop here. But this wasn't it.

Last edited:

jatojo

The pop rock genre (broadly defined) always has a hard time in Eurovision. Even extremely hyped Blind Channel finished outside the top 5. The two most succesful rock entries have been less melodic ones, and more noisy (Lordi, Måneskin).

Last edited:

yuki_vamp.esc

average band in their genre
For an "INDIE" rock band, I thought they're pretty great. Indie isn't mainstream, so it's no shocking why they have little views and streams, it's not for everyone. I'm glad they didn't even try to "fit in" for Eurovision standard and stay true to their artform of indie rock. To think among the rock subgenre it's one of the most drought representation in Eurovision. Lastly they did give justice not only in representing Latvia's music industry but also to the genre indie rock, there's no shame for them not qualifying. So KUDOS to them and their team.

For me there's nothing to change about what they did just to qualify, well aside for minor change a 3 seconds pause/silence during the transitioning from highnote to Aijā. I mean if we look at the breakdown of points as much as I love Serbia, they Q thanks to expected Croatia's exchanging points.

midnightsun

Veteran
They are not the most innovative band in the world, but I wouldn’t exactly call them average in their genre. There are a few little things that are different - the drum at the beginning, singing in Latvian, the structure of the song. Also that kind of guitar sound in the chorus, I don’t know what it is called, it’s not the usual e-guitar. I usually don’t hear them in indie music, I know them from goth metal actually which is a common sound there, so I was surprised to hear that TWICE this year. Piqued Jacks kind of also have them in their songs. At least for Eurovision standards it was a nice variation.

Iker

Veteran
The pop rock genre (broadly defined) always has a hard time in Eurovision. Even extremely hyped Blind Channel finished outside the top 5. The two most succesful rock entries have been less melodic ones, and more noisy (Lordi, Måneskin).

I'd say that both Lordi & Måneskin were very melodic though.

crals

Andreas is the founder, leader and lyricist (in the fact the only one in the group) and made sure his lyrics fit the arrangements. The broadcaster is the sole individual able to withdraw or send the artist. Both are facts listed on their single info and the EBU page. And it doesn't have to be hard rock. I meant smth a little bit more like Softengine and Blind Channel.

But, fine, let's say this soft The Script - which can also be good - is their sound forever - not like bands change their sound throughout their lives but fine. They're quite an average band in their genre. No really special vocal arrangements or great solos, there was no special camera work like the two Finnish. I mean. OGAE 0 points, only in 4 countries on iTunes throughout 40 countries, same with Spotify. On YT they are the only one country with less views than EDIT: San Marino, and that guy can't even sing live. I'll stop here. But this wasn't it.
Latvia is not Belarus, the broadcaster wouldn't cancel a NF winner because they don't like the song. And obviously the band would not agree to sell out for ESC, and if they did the result would not have been good.

Anyway, this was a beautiful little song. Reaching the final seemed like a long shot but it turns out they only needed 3 more points. It's a shame they just barely missed out.

ESC94

The televote results of :lv: in the first semifinal:

3rd place - ROTW :8:

5th place - :az: :6:

7th place - :ie: :pt: :4:
8th place - :fi: :fr: :3:
9th place - :rs: :2:
10th place - :de: :cz: :md: :nl: :1:

11th place - :it:
12th place - :il: :se: :no:
14th place - :ch:
14th place - :hr: :mt: