Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2020

This is the year. It will happen.

B3stbeats

This must be real plz

Mainshow

Veteran

There are no valid reasons to NOT let Kazakhstan DEBUT.

Seriously, I think the EBU just waited for 2020 to be able to say that there's a new debuting country in the 20s (like Australia was the only new debuting country in the 10s).

It seems that my theory is kinda bad news for Kosovo #seeyouinthe30s

EscGeek

Veteran

I consider :kz: european since forever because they compete under UEFA. I don't care about official borders. :lol:

C'mon EBU xpray

CPV4931

I assume this will be one of the threads with the most posts between June and August again. Nevertheless I wouldn´t mind Kazakhstan debuting.

tuorem

xZhanar-Dugalova-475x250.jpg.pagespeed.ic.igeAQQvPxz.jpg

My body is ready xheat Noursoultan calling? I'll pick up the phone.

John1

can't wait for zhana to enter the ESC and kick everyone's butt, who are daring to stand in front of her... xheat

A-lister

Veteran

I say it again (like each year in the Kazakh threads):

There is absolutely no rational and fair reason as to why Kazakhstan shouldn't be allowed to enter as all the old arguments are dead since the day Australia de facto became a permanent entrant. Unlike Australia, Kazakhstan has an actual European part, but just like Australia, they are an associate member now, they broadcasted the show for years already and they are clearly interested, and just like Australia they aren't technically part of the European Broadcasting Union Area (which btw hasn't been updated for years and is just a bad excuse these days) and just like Australia, Kazakhstan isn't part of Council of Europe either (another pseudo excuse used by the EBU to lock out Kazakhstan which obviously means nothing considering Australia is in).

Then again, my conclusion as each year (since I highly doubt the EBU will open the door to Kazakhstan to the senior ESC any day soon): Australia is clearly considered "superior" as it's a rich and culturally and politically "western" country and English speaking, wheres Kazakhstan seem to be grouped into some sort "second-class" part of Europe, being culturally and politically an "ex-USSR" country, heavily influenced by Russia and other Eastern Slavic cultures (with of course Turkic and central-Asian into the mix). With Eurovision becoming more and more streamlined English Pop contest, there seems to be less and less room for cultural diversity.

Europe is UK, Europe is Spain, Europe is Ukraine, Europe is Albania, Europe is Kazakhstan... we are different, but we are all part of the same continent and Eurovision should be about celebrating our differences and bringing us together, if EBU doesn't get its original concept anymore, then it's sad.

Oshawott

Can someone just tell me quickly what criteria their broadcaster is not meeting (yet) to become a full member of the EBU?

A-lister

Veteran

Can someone just tell me quickly what criteria their broadcaster is not meeting (yet) to become a full member of the EBU?

Only pseudo criterias as I mentioned in my comment above, like the dated EBU area and not being a member of Council of Europe, and Australia is neither so those criterias mean nothing any longer anyways.

Citelis

Belarus is not a member on Council of Europe either.

Daybreak

I'm not exactly sure why many people are so eager for Kazakhstan in Eurovision. I mean, I'm not against them entering, but feel like it would be simply like Azerbaijan was - a not-exactly-democratic country where the ruling class has lot of money to spend on their participation and will probably use ESC as a PR platform, not to mention being likely another country that gives 24 points to Russia almost every year.

Alaska49

THE VIDEO. YOU NEED TO POST THE VIDEO ALWAYS.

i 100% believe they don't let kazakhstan in because they are afraid of their power tbh. a country that sends something this majestic to the mess that was turkvizyon will stop at nothing and has nothing to lose. they will be unstoppable.

lowyby

I was on holidays last september in Kazachstan and I can't say something else than that it's a beautiful country naturewise and they have an AMAZING music scene.
Couldn't stop listening to the Kazach radio broadcasters while roadtripping

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member

THE VIDEO. YOU NEED TO POST THE VIDEO ALWAYS.

i 100% believe they don't let kazakhstan in because they are afraid of their power tbh. a country that sends something this majestic to the mess that was turkvizyon will stop at nothing and has nothing to lose. they will be unstoppable.

this post is important and everyone should read it at least four times

A-lister

Veteran

I'm not exactly sure why many people are so eager for Kazakhstan in Eurovision. I mean, I'm not against them entering, but feel like it would be simply like Azerbaijan was - a not-exactly-democratic country where the ruling class has lot of money to spend on their participation and will probably use ESC as a PR platform, not to mention being likely another country that gives 24 points to Russia almost every year.

With this logic alot of countries should be thrown out of Eurovision, in fact Sweden is also a pseudo democracy these days so xshrug

Top Bottom