Contact us

KAZAKHSTAN 2013 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
Kazakhstan%20Flag.gif

A-lister

Veteran
Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2013

Combine this singer with the band under and we have an amazing Kazakh debut! :)

Dinara Sultan

Ulytau

NikkiBoy

I don't think they debut, sorry. But cut be cool 8D

A-lister

Veteran

I don't think they debut, sorry. But cut be cool 8D

I don't think either, EBU is more busy of bringing this contest OUTSIDE of the European continental borders aswell lobbying for non-sovereign and disputed regions to take part (this is part of the current political expansion agenda of EU, which EBU seem tightly connected to), rather than allowing a country which have a larger European geographical than Turkey, Armenia & Israel combined (countries which barely or not at all lies within the European continent).

NikkiBoy

Agree! ^^'

rajo

I'm not keen on Kazakhstan!

NikkiBoy

I don't think they participate.

dizzydjc

It could happen - they show a big interest in ESC and are broadcasting it again this year and sending commentators to Baku. They also should technically be able to participate as some territory is in Europe.

I say bring it on!

Sean

Admin
Staff member

The fact that they've actually got commentators this year suggests they're making a real push to enter. Bring it on, I'd say!

The only problem is it may be a country too far for the ignorant Brits who don't even know that Azerbaijan exists :lol:

bubblingtrue

I really hope not. More points for the ex-USSR nations! And plus isn't there like a 6 hours time difference??? That would mean the contest starting at 2am in Kazakhstan!

DanielLuis

I really hope not. More points for the ex-USSR nations! And plus isn't there like a 6 hours time difference??? That would mean the contest starting at 2am in Kazakhstan!
lol i know right? nobody would watch it there!

Yamarus

No to Kazakhstan. I've realised how little sense it makes to organise a Contest in Baku, at 3am. It would be even more ridiculous if the whole of Europe were to meet in bloody Astana in 2014!

A-lister

Veteran

Big fat YES to Kazakhstan!

The country has a bigger geographical European part than Turkey and the Caucasian countries combined!

If people hate the idea of them joining, but are ok with Turkey, then they are hypocrites.

rajo

NO!

No to Eurovision in Astana! And that part of Kazakhstan that is allegedly European has no population! Turkey brings at least Istanbul to Europe and Israel is the cradle of our civilization.

So if Eurovision should ever come to Kazakhstan, it got to be in the North Western section, since Astana is almost Far East. And Uralsk won't have a venue, I guess.

A-lister

Veteran

NO!

No to Eurovision in Astana! And that part of Kazakhstan that is allegedly European has no population! Turkey brings at least Istanbul to Europe and Israel is the cradle of our civilization.

So if Eurovision should ever come to Kazakhstan, it got to be in the North Western section, since Astana is almost Far East. And Uralsk won't have a venue, I guess.

I wouldn't say it has "no people", although it's true the larger part of the population are centered in other parts. Still though it doesn't change the fact that it has a larger European part than some countries already taking part.

For your info only half of Istanbul is on the European side, and talking about culture, I would argue Kazakhstan is closer to Europe aswell (compared to Turkey for instance) (well atleast closer to Russia and Russian nationality and culture is European).

People are just angry that another ex-USSR country would take part, but I guess you're ok with Lebanon? Not geographically Europe and frankly these days almost no cultural connection either.

rajo

I have been to Istanbul already, and the major and historically relevant parts of this city, as well as the Old Town are all entirely in Europe. Also, the Turkish people don't consider themselves as Asians, maybe because the ark of countries around the Black Sea from West to East, as well as Cyprus in the South, are all European... So Turkey would be kind of a geographical wedge into Europe.

But since Azerbaijan is not European at all, I am more comfortable with dismissing them than letting Kazakhstan in. And next we have Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyztan, Tadjikistan and all Ex-SSR are finally in. And the Eurovision spirit leaves forever on in the former USSR, and brings us year by year another overstated 100 million venue and bloated shows. I am really not keen on that.

Top Bottom