6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

ArmpitOfEurope

Staging will matter a lot. If they go down the cliche route ( just dancers dancing around her ) I dont think it can do much harm.

What's going to be interestering is how juries are going to see this, many people say they will tank her, but the song and the performer are jury-friendly no doubt.

Realest

3 Million Views on the official Channel.

+1.6 Million on her own Channel.

crashworld

Veteran
IMO ESCUnited has found a good compromise - they're covering Israels participation as a fact, regarding running order etc. But they're not sharing any further personal opinion about it. Which is what reaction videos are. Because in which world are reaction Videos "objective covering" of news or music anyway? And as if people would not comment whatever opinion anyone has about "Hurricane" to be likely politically influenced too (and in part, that's even justified). They're not pretending Israel doesn't exist, but they're also not putting in extra work to create content that would only be floated with political messages.

Also, your posts here and in the Iceland thread in regards to Bashar have made it very clear that you're not unpolitical in this either. And it doesn't look like it's political messages that bother you, or that ESCUnited might have political reasons in general, but that it's political reasons you don't agree with. It's just disguised as some "this is not ~objective~" argument xshrug

I have never said "reactions" video are meant to be "objective" coverage.
All I am simply talking about is the reason behind the choice of not reacting (in the ESC youtubers/reactors) to Israel's entry.
If it is not political-driven or influenced (ie. because angry anti-Israel mob wants to boycott Israel because of the war, thus threatening anyone who gives Israel any coverage), then please explain how the decision to blank Israel is not political-driven or influenced.

For ESCUnited's case, I am basing off @Wynnter's quote:
ESCUnited will not be covering Israel from a commentary and review perspective, including reactions.

At the bold part. It does not merely mean "reactions" videos are omitted. This practically means Israel's entry will not be receiving the same treatment/coverage as the rest of the entries. Again, how is this decision "objective"?

Also, your posts here and in the Iceland thread in regards to Bashar have made it very clear that you're not unpolitical in this either. And it doesn't look like it's political messages that bother you, or that ESCUnited might have political reasons in general, but that it's political reasons you don't agree with. It's just disguised as some "this is not ~objective~" argument
xshrug

I have never said I am unpolitical. All I did was questioned RUV's agenda of including Bashar, how the national finals had transpired and RUV's treatment towards Bashar as the NF progressed. Just like most of you did when KAN refused to change the lyrics to "October Rain" initially (where I also had issues with initially).

I may not have liked how RUV has handled their NF, but I have never once asked for Iceland to be boycotted for their "antics" and never said I will blank Iceland if Bashar was the representative if he had won the NF.

And also, both things can be true at the same time - I may not have like the political-influenced decisions made by the ESC reactors/ESCUnited but the fact of me pointing out that the treatment of Israel's entry was not being "objective" is not untrue.

crashworld

Veteran
SVT quite fucked Israel over in a way being sandwiched by two songs that has impact

I am pretty happy with Israel's placing. Pretty late in the running order. 2 songs before (including Italy) and the next song after are all in non-English. So it will help Israel stand out more.

Plus, we don't really know the staging plans for the songs, so perhaps they could have influenced the current order.

Israeliboy

SVT quite fucked Israel over in a way being sandwiched by two songs that has impact
Can you stop see everything so bad lol?
If SVT would like so, they would put it number 8 between 2 other strong entries and close to ballads lol. That's insane dude.

musicfan

10th - 15th would be a placing I would see if another country send this song. But with the current situation I think 4th - 10th place is more likely. Maybe even Top 3 but some countries would really need to flop to open up that much space.
If a small country in Eurovision terms entered this it would be a very clear NQ and possibly even finish bottom.

0scar

If a small country in Eurovision terms entered this it would be a very clear NQ and possibly even finish bottom.

Might be but it's :il: sending it so yeah this is a lock top 10 regardless of everyone screaming it will flop for the very same reason that it is sent by Israel

Israeliboy

Watch her getting mobbed by the anti-Israel crowd in 3, 2, 1. LOL.
But kudos to Silia/Cyprus for taking a brave stand.
Sad to say...looks like a boycott of a child in class, that all of us condemn, but in some context maybe some agree with this boycott. Sad but true!

Israeliboy

She knows exactly what she is getting into, she knows why this song was sent. Publicity (of any kind) for her career is probably more important to her.
Thanks to ppl like you I guess Eurovision has no future. Real fan? I HARDLY doubt.

Ezio

Veteran
777 replies xlove

Top Bottom