6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
I just pressed play on the video to remind myself why I love this song. :cry:

So, I have Spotify for only one purpose: Christian worship music. I don't consume pop at all anymore. And I barely watch Eurovision songs on YouTube, except for once.

I will add this song to my playlist. It's so good. Their best since 2005. A

b4ld3r

This being eighth in the odds is way too low. The Israeli song last year was a bad song elevated by a talented performer and professional staging. This is an okay song, and from the video we can assume that they are going to throw plenty of money at this. This is a year without any clear front-runners, and apart from Belgium this is the only "safe" English language ballad.

Doesn't exactly take much to win the televote in a lot of countries, Kirkorov managed to make Gordienko score high in the French televote with that awful song as an example. Serbia is not exactly the closest ally to Ukraine, yet Kalush still managed to finish high in the Serbian televote.
People who feel strongly about Israel are going to vote for them no matter what, we just don't know how many of those are watching. People who don't care about the war might vote because of what we can assume to be a professionaly staged ballad in a sea of uptempo noise. People who are very pro-Palestinian are either not watching at all or voting for someone else, you can't vote against a song.

It's up to the juries to decide how high this is allowed to finish, which of course will depend on the political climate of each country. In a normal year this is exactly the bland English language ballad that juries love (Bridges, Proud, etc). With the backstory, I can't see any Swedish juror wanting to publically rank this high. Can't speak on behalf of any other country.

Polina Gagarina 2.0 incoming, managing to finish top three while the audience boos?

Looren

Veteran
Lol based on music only this would probably get something like 9th in semi then 8th/9th with juries and 17th with televote in the Grand Final

Judging by song only this is a :12: from me and 2nd in my ranking, there's no way in hell that I would send a vote for it tho and I am not voting in the poll either about this song ^^

0scar

Shes landsliding here.

Well yeah she's winning the televoting I'm like 90% sure of it, anyone who convinced themselves that Israel would be blanked or anything are delusional. There is enough anti-Israel narrative around Europe for Israel supporters to be urged to vote for them.

Jupiter

Realest

Huh? It's Netherlands leading with 19K votes, more than double of Israel in #2.

It doesn't matter either way tho, bcs that poll looks super easy to bot/Spam.

• 🇮🇱
    ISRAEL 29.74% (3,884 VOTES)

• 🇳🇱
    NETHERLANDS 12.99% (1,696 VOTES)

• 🇬🇷
    GREECE 11.14% (1,455 VOTES)

• 🇨🇭
    SWITZERLAND 8.27% (1,080 VOTES)

• 🇧🇪
    BELGIUM 7.07% (923 VOTES)

• 🇳🇴
    NORWAY 5.8% (758 VOTES)

• 🇦🇹
    AUSTRIA 5.39% (704 VOTES)

• 🇬🇪
    GEORGIA 3.51% (459 VOTES)

• 🇦🇲
    ARMENIA 3.34% (436 VOTES)

• 🇩🇰
    DENMARK 2.66% (347 VOTES)

• 🇪🇪
    ESTONIA 2.38% (311 VOTES)

• 🇦🇱
    ALBANIA 1.88% (245 VOTES)

• 🇱🇻
    LATVIA 1.6% (209 VOTES)

• 🇲🇹
    MALTA 1.52% (199 VOTES)

• 🇨🇿
    CZECHIA 1.39% (182 VOTES)

• 🇸🇲
    SAN MARINO 1.32% (172 VOTES)

94ayd

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yeah, because Israelis are going absolutely crazy and spamming every post and poll with how amazing their entry is...
Also on that note worth mentioning that Joost has been posting on his socials to go vote in these polls, so it's all meaningless really. Not that we didn't know that anyway.

ArmpitOfEurope

ArmpitOfEurope

Well yeah she's winning the televoting I'm like 90% sure of it, anyone who convinced themselves that Israel would be blanked or anything are delusional. There is enough anti-Israel narrative around Europe for Israel supporters to be urged to vote for them.

Shes not winning the tele with a ballad that would normally score 50 points with the public.
Ukraine stormed the tele in 2022 with a super televote friendly song, that would have done great in the tele anyway, and with literally everyone standing on their side.
Will she get a boost in some countries from Israel supporters? Definitely. Is that boost going to be unanimous in most of the countries, so she can overcome huge tele traps like Croatia, Netherlands, Italy, Ukraine etc etc? Definitely not.
Im expecting a 80-150 tele for this

musicfan

As we can see they (not just general Israelis or supporters but those involved in the song itself) are using it as a platform and are being allowed to. Meanwhile the other side can't have a platform. How can that end well?

As I said before songs on universal topics are likely to be more interesting to more people. Plus creating a song on order to give a message is less likely to be good music.

Also let's not forget all the contestants are involved for the same reason, to get exposure and publicity for their career. None are better than others in that sense. So I find the idea that someone makes out that they compete for some higher purpose and represent all the opinions of people in their country (did they ask them all?) arrogant anyway.

Realest

Another YT-Top where she is #1.

E: Another One

Last edited:

Charly

Shes landsliding here.

It's pretty obvious that the wiwi votes here are very inflated and riggable. Mass spamming from Israeli supporters at the same time the media campaigning from Joost Klein had made it inflated

Then at the same time with applied restrictions and restarting the poll fro Eurovisionworld show that wiwi results does not the reality and voting intentions

Screenshot_20240320_172304_Chrome.jpg

The key takeaway from Eurovisionworld is the specific restrictions such as preventing of voting your own country and I would presume ip block as a indication that you have already voted

This is where the wiwi poll does mot satisfy or reflect the true intention of who would be the possible winner in already open year

Avi-Ramos

In the news they say the fact the singer is israeli and the waves she makes, she became a no 1 target and her life is at real risk .
Maybe it's not worth it, this girl has a crazy career ahead.

Jupiter

It's pretty obvious that the wiwi votes here are very inflated and riggable. Mass spamming from Israeli supporters at the same time the media campaigning from Joost Klein had made it inflated

Then at the same time with applied restrictions and restarting the poll fro Eurovisionworld show that wiwi results does not the reality and voting intentions

Screenshot_20240320_172304_Chrome.jpg

The key takeaway from Eurovisionworld is the specific restrictions such as preventing of voting your own country and I would presume ip block as a indication that you have already voted

This is where the wiwi poll does mot satisfy or reflect the true intention of who would be the possible winner in already open year

And even with Eurovision World, which is already a lot better than Wiwi Bloggs, I've just seen several comments about people simply being able to vote for their own country via VPN. Some people managed to 'spam vote' to some degree too apparently :lol:

It's really something how invested some fans are, bcs personally spam vote a fan poll doesn't sound like a fun use of my time. It's surprising the Eurovision poll has been somewhat 'accurate' in past years despite that.

crashworld

Veteran
These polls just don't tell you much of the reality. At most it's just give you an indication of the ESC bubble, which we know is not a big part of the general public. Just take it with a pinch of salt. Things will only start heating up during rehearsal week, so anything now till then pretty much has little impact.

han-g

Nonsense. If 2025 had the lowest number of participants, so what? ESC used to have 8 participants in 1956 and has the lowest number right this year, as usual in Malmö. Less participants, higher chances to win. And 2026 back to old form.

Haters are gonna hate on Israel because the unspeakable has now become acceptable - on the left. Whatever.

I can't write more here because your post would earn me an infringements, so yours should already earn you one.
The ebu would care. Less countries less money, less viewers less money, if many countries boycott due to an Israeli win it is possible the ebu will find a way to exclude them going forward. Of course there is no way of guaranteeing this would happen if Israel wins, but if it does it will be Israel that loses long term.

Last edited:

ekzuu

And I didn't even plan to vote for Israel, but now I have to, bc I wanna see the meltdown when they win??? :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom