1 0.7%

7 4.6%

14 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

Phoenix

Oh! I only knew that sinister-looking, Illuminati thing from this selection, but this is a delight! I also hear Miami Sound Machine in there. It's very charming and I love the awkwardness of it :10:

mauve

Veteran
Iceland always trying to be different, Last year was very interesting and original, really deserved that Top 10 result, this year is just trolling for me.

Dated and uninspired song and performance, vocally for me everything is OK. I thought I disliked the song yesterday because I had a bad ESC day, but after 9 hours of sleep I'm another person and I still dislike the song. At least it's different from the rest of the songs. As @mauve said, most of us like different and original songs in the contest, but that doesn't necessarily mean they end up being good.

This is not for me. I'm between :2: and :3: points, I'm giving :3: because at least stands out this year and I see this qualifying in semi 2 unfortunately. When I asked for danceable songs this is just not what I wanted :(
It was the same here. I tried to relisten the song today morning as yesterday were so many NFs and songs, but Dadi is - for me - a musical no-go. Looks uninspired to me. It's not so much the performance, but the song itself. I gave it 3 pts myself as well.

Last edited:

heke1988

I hope, they will change their outfits. Otherwise I can't take this entry in serious. 4 points.

CPV4931

My favorites there were DIMMA, but "Think about things" were my #2, so the only NF of yesterday´s night, where I am quite satisfied with the result.

AliceEsc

10 pts. Maybe 12 when all songs will be revealed. I was never a gamer and I don't know about netflix either, so I don't understand half of the comments here! :ROFLMAO: I really enjoy this.

Nicfedy

10 pts almost 12 creeping up on Lithuania. Hope they don’t cancel each other out, both being very visual.

Uto

Veteran
10 pts almost 12 creeping up on Lithuania. Hope they don’t cancel each other out, both being very visual.
They are pretty much the same category, so they will be hurting each other's chances by quite a bit. Iceland has slightly larger fishing grounds I feel because it does't really commit to an alternative genre that much (it's retro-funk, it kind of borders 'normal' pop), whereas Lithuania is just a more interesting song and will probably be more effective at gaining votes in their own niche.

Chrisiam

I won't lie, I like this one a lot. This and The Roop is the kind of music I used to play back on Student Radio so needless to say I love it.

However, there is a but. And that is that, whilst I am over the moon that my favourite thing on TV is playing music I love down to my bone marrow I know for a fact that it isn't for everyone. I just need to look at this thread and that is plain to see. I have zero issues with that (Because, you know, I am an adult and I'm not going to get into a slanging match over a Eurovision song) and whilst it doesn't affect my score in the end it does lightly a critical problem that this song (and to an extent The Roop's) will end up facing.

And that is that its a little too indie, a little too niche, and I worry that it will end up going like Lake Malawi last year where they get decent support from the Judges but the Televote just won't get it or will see it as being too much of a novelty to really take seriously.

Personally I think that Dadi needs to lean into that a little more; I much prefer the kind of performance in the video than from the live performance of theirs I saw. I really like how aloof and awkward they look in the video which works at the start of the song where its a little lower and slower, makes the audience think its going to be dour and down beat then, it kicks into something more up beat and poppier and makes it a lot more interesting to watch; seeing them sing an upbeat and cheerful song whilst they all look so nerdy and uncomfortable like in the video is really endearing and gives it a lot of personality. I worry that the live performance will be like the one of them that I saw where they will be a lot more smiley and jolly which, sure, its live TV, you don't want to look miserable, but even still it just makes it feel a little more conventional and takes for me what is a neat factor (or potentially neat factor) out of it.

How the live stuff goes we'll see but, to be blunt, yeah, I don't think this has a snow ball in hell's chance in winning it, but if its staged well I can see it getting through the semi finals smoothly and do respectively in the finals.

In any case, my final score is 10, if 11 was an option it'd be an 11, and if its well staged at the contest I'd possibly even go to a 12.

Chrisiam

To be fair that is just the betting odds, they really don't mean anything aside that's who people are putting their money on to win. There is still other nations to reveal their acts and plenty of time for the acts to get involved in some controversy, be the victim of a shock none qualifier, have spectacularly amazing/underwhelming staging or embarrass themselves either in their semi or the final.

Looking at the betting odds from previous years verses the end results, well, put it this way: I wouldn't put money on them being accurate in the end.

sapsan

Iva's song and especially English version is a 12 points for me and to be honest I listen it almost everyday. That's why this choice is a dissapointment. I can't eveluate it more than :0:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Oh how the mighty have fallen.. in recent ESC-years..

Our Nordic brethren Iceland who sent a masterpiece such as 'Is it true?' to ESC (2009), as well as other great ESC-songs like 'This is my life' (2008), Je Ne Sais Quoi (2010) and Never Forget (2012) have in recent years just disappointed imho.

Last year's Icelandic song was simply atrocious I thought - and this year they send a generic disco-funk song sounding from 1979 that Earth Wind & Fire would have scrapped from one of their poorer albums and with a stage show and costumes that look as if from a third grade high school event. Could be it is meant as a comedic entry, I know, but seriously Iceland?

The song is not a total catastrophy so I will give it 3 points but will deduct 1 point for the terrible costumes/stage show, so 2 points from me in all. Needless to say, I had several other favourites in their NF.

marty

It is a cool Performance. Maybe top 10 but not a winner. Juries will not push it. The Song is weak. Therefor only 6 points

Top Bottom