7 4.6%

14 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

crashworld

Veteran
And I have to say, the back up vocalists did a wonderful job harmonizing. I got a feeling this will sneak into my top 5 entry of ESC 2020 if the remaining countries are not delivering.

ESC94

Excuse me, but why is this song sooo hyped among fans?? xshock

Of course it´s a contrast to the many ballads and slow songs chosen in in other countries, but otherwise?? It´s sounds veeery retro, but in a negative way and the melody is also flat and not interesting in my opinion. Instead of listening to this song I could also stare at an empty white wall for three minutes, it would have the same impact on me as this song, next to zero!!

Since it´s at least a little bit catchy and because of worse songs in other countries I give this entry :3:.

PinchyCrabstina

I was originally an Iva fan but at this point, in a sea of ballads, I'm happy that we got something more upbeat instead. The performance does indeed seem a bit amateurish but I enjoy the retro vibes. 8 pts.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Seeing the joy this decision has brought people like RevNet and opinionsigotem has made me smile and numbed the pain a bit of losing two songs here that could have been solid favourites with me. This is the kind of entry that's going to polarize, annoying people it's not for whilst bringing the greatest joy to whom it's intended to please. We need entries like this. Kind of like when Georgia sent The Young Georgian Lolitaz. Half the fandom was perturbed, meanwhile the band made my year.

Think About Things is a decently groovy and catchy attempt to provide our contest with something a smidgen different and quirky. There are people who will be thrilled by all the undeniable charms of the performance, but it's there where a barrier goes up to stop me from enjoying this song any more than I'm able to just from listening to the studio version. And yet I would not want them to change a single thing, as this whole preschool plimsol fitted, gym kit fantasy is just not my thing. The performance is clever but ultimately just a bit too juvenile and over scripted for my tastes. A long haired man dressed in teal, singing in such a sultry tone of voice should leave me gasping for air, but it's the most sexless performance ever, and that's absolutely fine. Not everything has to be Achille Lauro's first night at Sanremo this year with the sparkly lycra singlet (although imagine if it could be? xheart). I just don't really derive much joy from the dance routine and kind of (dare I say) bland aesthetics. I'm a gamer who loves anything retro, so really I should get something at least from the whole way this entry is styled, but my eyes simply aren't excited. I'm not annoyed by what I see though at least. It just doesn't appeal to me personally.

But the song is a groover. He has a really nice voice. A lot of thought has obviously gone into everything which is always commendable. A lot of people are going to compare this song to what The Roop have offered us, I guess as both are quite minimalistic synth pops packing kooky performances. Dadi Freyr though wins this battle in my book hands down on composition alone. I think it's so much better than On Fire.

A respectful 7 points from me.

aef

This is just as brilliant in its own way as :lt:. 10 very well deserved points from me. I see :lt: more in top 5 than :is: though but I think they can reach top 10. In my ranking it's finally a song and performance I really like beside :lt:.

cassio

Okay Iceland, very convincing almost a mix of Miami Sound Machine and Manhattan Transfer and of cause a bit of your own 80s band: Mezzoforte. The first funky jazz entry this year but those moves doesn't beat Lithuanias. 8 point (hope you get into the final)

LastDreamer

Banned

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Beautiful vocals from beautiful lady. xlove
You must be proud for her.

Thank you xheart xheart

I've been an Eurovision fan since I was 5-6 years old (my first ESC was in 2002).

When she told us, she was going to participate in the Icelandic selection in 2010 I was soooo proud and excited!

gingerale

I guess this is my 2020's Telemoveis: I think it's an ok song but somehow it's not really working for me. But I will start doubting myself because it will be hyped to death before Eurovision. So I try really hard but when the results come in, I will remember my first intuition.

Or is this my 2020's Occidentalis Karma? Or my 2020's Amor Pelos Dois? :oops:

Storm

I mean it's fun and they look iconic but the song doesn't deliver enough in my opinion. When I read about the hype I was expecting something great and after the first seconds I thought we have a winner but then the song happened and it was just... there.

Nemo89

The sound is captivating, not very original, but I like it. I like this choice of Iceland to follow a certain musical path. Also last year I appreciated Hatari and their, studied and accepted by the ESC, a provocative choice.

mauve

Veteran
I usually like songs that sound different, but there are good and bad different songs. This song belongs in the second category for me. I can understand though that people like it.

Zonne147

I usually like songs that sound different, but there are good and bad different songs. This song belongs in the second category for me. I can understand though that people like it.

Iceland always trying to be different, Last year was very interesting and original, really deserved that Top 10 result, this year is just trolling for me.

Dated and uninspired song and performance, vocally for me everything is OK. I thought I disliked the song yesterday because I had a bad ESC day, but after 9 hours of sleep I'm another person and I still dislike the song. At least it's different from the rest of the songs. As @mauve said, most of us like different and original songs in the contest, but that doesn't necessarily mean they end up being good.

This is not for me. I'm between :2: and :3: points, I'm giving :3: because at least stands out this year and I see this qualifying in semi 2 unfortunately. When I asked for danceable songs this is just not what I wanted :(

Franzilein

Can't wait to see this on the big stage. It just screams Eurovision :lol:

Top Bottom