Contact us

Hungary HUNGARY 2020 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
hu.png

njdevils94

Veteran
:hu: has been one of the best countries in Eurovision over the last 10 years so its a massive loss for them not taking part in Rotterdam in my opinion. I think they will be back in 2021 unlike some but we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, this is already a hit in Hungary.

Last edited:

tuorem

:hu: has been one of the best countries in Eurovision over the last 10 years so its a massive loss for them not taking part in Rotterdam in my opinion. I think they will be back in 2021 unlike some but we'll have to wait and see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jmJlN2A1Hw

Since the like button has left the chat, we need to find creative ways of expressing our agreement.

There you go:

I miss Hungary already and hope they'll return in 2021. :)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Meanwhile there's me over here wondering if AWS were enough to lift Hungary up from my least favourite ESC country spot. Probably yes when Denmark and current UK also exist. I still want them back though and I've enjoyed A Dal since I've paid it some attention. It's just usually they pick stuff to offend me deeply (2013, 14, 15 and 16 spring to mind), and the Joci songs were ok followed by underwhelming (hence the flop). Their entries mostly sit in this "hey I'm not pop (honest, believe me)" area, yet if they were indie it's that payed advert "indie" I have to sit through on youtube. The well groomed lads and their bland, watered down rock, with maybe a woooah oh oh or twenty thrown in for good measure (still trend following essentially despite classing themselves as offbeat). Sort of the hipster country of Eurovision, and I hate that word but it's quite easy to apply it to a bunch of their songs. I need them back to change my opinion, and cause it's sad seeing anyone sit out. I wouldn't even wish that on Denmark.. maybe my own country.

Come back and send Fatal Error and Passed xheart

Mainshow

Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jmJlN2A1Hw

This had potential to be part of my personal Top 10! Seriously, Hungary, I'm so pissed off because of you withdrawing :(

EscGeek

Veteran
I won't pay as much attention to this, but good luck to Gergő & Reni
She won my heart last year xlove & Mostantól is another 10/10 song

Mrm

Veteran
Meanwhile there's me over here wondering if AWS were enough to lift Hungary up from my least favourite ESC country spot. Probably yes when Denmark and current UK also exist. I still want them back though and I've enjoyed A Dal since I've paid it some attention. It's just usually they pick stuff to offend me deeply (2013, 14, 15 and 16 spring to mind), and the Joci songs were ok followed by underwhelming (hence the flop). Their entries mostly sit in this "hey I'm not pop (honest, believe me)" area, yet if they were indie it's that payed advert "indie" I have to sit through on youtube. The well groomed lads and their bland, watered down rock, with maybe a woooah oh oh or twenty thrown in for good measure (still trend following essentially despite classing themselves as offbeat). Sort of the hipster country of Eurovision, and I hate that word but it's quite easy to apply it to a bunch of their songs. I need them back to change my opinion, and cause it's sad seeing anyone sit out. I wouldn't even wish that on Denmark.. maybe my own country.

Jasmin the LEGEND Gabay will fly Danish flag in Rotterdam...so prepare yourself to lift that country up on your list! xlove xheart

DJNightingale

tbh I don't support Hungary's decision, but I completely respect it. Our world has a huge morality problem, people think too much of adult things instead of something bigger, and the act of Hungarian government really deserves a respect for pointing it out. I have myself boycotted Eurovision for 2 years for the same reasons, but then came back after I realised that it is not too bad in comparison with modern showbusiness :lol: Still I hope that it is just a one-year boycott, and not for 50 years :hu:

mauve

Veteran

It's me, responding to this post VERY late, but as you know, I was absent for quite a while. Just wanted to consent on anything you said, especially your last sentence. ;) Hopefully Hungary will return soon , and it would be wonderful to see Fatal Error making another attempt. Hungary really had wonderful songs, not to mention the great AWS. One of the best rock songs sent to ESC. Let's hope that Hungary will return in 2021. xheart

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
You gotta love Hungary xheart
Before 2019 I didn't follow NF season, so I don't know how it was, but last year A DAL was my favorite by far with its mix of rock, indie and pop, and this year's selection is pretty cool (but not as much).

Btw it's ironic how rock is my favorite genre but in ESC these songs rarely go past 10th place in my ranking, AWS was one of those I liked the most. So sad Fatal Error didn't get throught last year.

And just for the sake of it, here are my favorites from A Dal 2020 :
KIES - Az egyetlen
Fatal Error - Néma
Rácz Gergő x Orsovai Reni - Mostantól
Turbo - Iránytű

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
You gotta love Hungary xheart
Before 2019 I didn't follow NF season, so I don't know how it was, but last year A DAL was my favorite by far with its mix of rock, indie and pop, and this year's selection is pretty cool (but not as much).

Btw it's ironic how rock is my favorite genre but in ESC these songs rarely go past 20th place in my ranking, AWS was the one I liked the most. So sad Fatal Error didn't get throught last year.

And just for the sake of it, here are my favorites from A Dal 2020 :
KIES - Az egyetlen
Fatal Error - Néma
Rácz Gergő x Orsovai Reni - Mostantól
Turbo - Iránytű
Agree completely. A Dal was my most favorite last year as well. One of the greatest rock songs in ESC is by theway Mor ve Ötesi - Deli (Turkey) from 2008. Absolutely stunning. xheart

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Agree completely. A Dal was my most favorite last year as well. One of the greatest rock songs in ESC is by theway Mor ve Ötesi - Deli (Turkey) from 2008. Absolutely stunning. xheart
Unfortunately, I never managed to get on board with it, the instru's fine but I'm not a fan of the singer :confused:

balizeg

Playlist of tonight's performances.

There were big changes to the voting:
After the performances only the juries voted. Televoting only started after the last song. The voting was stopped after a while and the song with least votes at that point was eliminated (Bence Vavra's Talk2night), then the jury also eliminated one song (Zaporozsec) These two votings are quite cruel imo.

Then the voting went on for 5 minutes more, after which the televoting result was added to the juries' points, with the televoting winner getting additional 40 points, the 2nd 35, and so on, the 8th of the televoting getting only 5 points.
The 7th and 8th of this list were eliminated (Muriel and Ya Ou) and the Top six that went through were Szabolcs Varga (6th), HolyChicks (5th), Bogi Nagy (4th), Dénes Pál (3rd), Horus x Marcus (2nd), Fatal Error winning the night.

Top Bottom