Contact us

Hungary HUNGARY 2020 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
hu.png

Alaska49

Re: HUNGARY 2020

nobody posting in this thread at all after everyone being SHOCKED AND APPALLED that az en apam NQ'd proves that nobody was that invested in az en apam to begin with and just thought it was a song they were Supposed To Love. IN THIS ESSAY I WILL--

anyway, hungary. a dal. stop actively and consciously killing the televote favourites just because you can. like, that's literally what the jury was doing this year lol. there was no rhyme or reason to their scores other than that. if the juries can't vote responsibly and allow themselves to agree with the televote then the format needs to be thrown in the bin. just be normal and do a 50/50 system for once.

alternative: internally select petruska after doing him so dirty this year. fucking rascals.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance

nobody posting in this thread at all after everyone being SHOCKED AND APPALLED that az en apam NQ'd proves that nobody was that invested in az en apam to begin with and just thought it was a song they were Supposed To Love. IN THIS ESSAY I WILL--

While I preferred Origo, I still think it should've qualified.

anyway, hungary. a dal. stop actively and consciously killing the televote favourites just because you can. like, that's literally what the jury was doing this year lol. there was no rhyme or reason to their scores other than that. if the juries can't vote responsibly and allow themselves to agree with the televote then the format needs to be thrown in the bin. just be normal and do a 50/50 system for once.

xyeah
I'd love to see Leander Kills come back, but after how the juries screwed them over this year, I don't blame them if they stay away.

HayashiM

Veteran

alternative: internally select petruska after doing him so dirty this year. fucking rascals.

It's the opposite in my case - I had been so invested that I have been sulking in the corner till this very day. ;-)

Anyway, please let's ditch the A Dal's format, I just hate it.

Loindici

Veteran

Search for a new (and less misogynistic) jury set. They're the ones that mess up the system this year.

EscGeek

Veteran

Deniz & Reni is such a perfect combination. Send them! Here's the follow up of Ide várnak vissza.

xmusic

ESC94

Any news from Hungary??

I hope they´ll reach the final again next year, they always send something different to the contest, it may not always be my taste, but they are at least interesting.

I would love to see the contest in Budapest in the future, would make a great host city for sure.

NemesisNick

Any news from Hungary??
According to the ESC 2020 page on Wikipedia, Hungary hasn't yet announced whether or not it wants to participate in ESC 2020. However, according to Eurovision World, Hungary is on the list of 40 countries that have expressed their initial interest for participation in ESC 2020. Confusing to say the least! Anyway, I guess neither is an official source.

ESC94

According to the ESC 2020 page on Wikipedia, Hungary hasn't yet announced whether or not it wants to participate in ESC 2020. However, according to Eurovision World, Hungary is on the list of 40 countries that have expressed their initial interest for participation in ESC 2020. Confusing to say the least! Anyway, I guess neither is an official source.

Yeah, I think we have to wait until the EBU announces the number of participating countries.

Charly

There is an increasing amount of uncertainty by MTVA

Not sure if A Dal will be used for ESC citing rule changes especially the song publishing data of March 2018 rather than the September 1 2019.

John1

It isn't so bold to assume that Hungary is going to withdraw, since most of you don't know that they usually confirm very late and shortly before the deadline.

BorisBubbles

Veteran

We're currently looking at more info, but it looks like Hungary may indeed withdraw.

Or at least not use A Dal for ESC.

hungo

would be strange if they still bring a dal but change to an internal selection. i also cant imagine that hungary will withdraw. let wait and see.....

AlekS

Veteran

If it's not internal selection then they want to select the performer at A Dal and annnounce a separate call for authors songs xshrug

John1

lol ok everyone has gone mad on twitter saying that :hu: will withdraw... :lol: omg stop spreading fake news

Top Bottom