Contact us

Guidelines for Eurovision juries - Your opinion on ESC juries and direction of ESC!

damienn

Banned
Re: Guidelines for Eurovision juries - Your opinion on ESC juries and direction of ES

I can't name any single song in Russian or Ukrainian which became popular somewhere else.
Oh, I can name a quick one, The USSR National Anthem, when I grew up, (during the 70s - 80s) we used to call it the "hockey song" :mrgreen:
Most beautiful Anthem there is,,, or was, in this case. I used to read russian for 3years, so I even got to understand it. :)

Though there are exceptions. Look at TATU. 1 million copies sold in Japan only, lol. Though their 2nd international album flopped. Then again - they became MEGA popular in Russia, earned millions and only then went abroad.
Indeed, the first few songs I heard with them was in russian, so there's another example, and I really liked them, soon after came the english versions, still liked them though, and they grew fast in Europe, they must have earned about the same in the rest of Europe, if not more, as in Russia given your explained economy. Either way, there's a success story if any. :D

Top Bottom