6 2.9%

8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

ESC94

When it comes to selecting an act internal I don't understand why it is so hard for our broadcaster or any broadcaster to find a good song and act. Like sure people have different music tastes but I do believe that some things are universally true. Everyone and their mother knew that Jendrik would flop. Who thought that Levinas song was good? It's the most generic pop song I've ever heard. Like it's really not that hard to escape bottom 5 at Eurovision tbh. And we definitely have the music and the artists. I don't believe that no one wants to represent us. We had many good acts in our NFs. The NDR is either not trying, wants to flop or the people behind have a terrible music taste. Ikke should've never been in the selection to begin with. The song is just trash. It's not funny. And if he gets selected and Germany ends up bombing again what's next? Germany has flopped almost every year since 2013. A decade of flopping.

Maybe not "no one" but I´m pretty sure that some famous singers/bands in :de: view Eurovision as a total trash festival and don´t wanna get connected to it at all.

Biste

I didn't know après-ski music was a valid option for ESC NFs. Looking forward to this winning and witnessing the complete meltdown of our German friends here xpopcorn

Deleted member 12761

Maybe not "no one" but I´m pretty sure that some famous singers/bands in :de: view Eurovision as a total trash festival and don´t wanna get connected to it at all.
Sure but as we can see in our NFs (not just this year but also in the past, anyone remember "Frozen Silence"? I loved that song) there is a pool of good music to chose from. We don't really need famous people. Cascada was famous and it didn't work for her. Just talented artists with good and interesting music. I also think people are starting to view Eurovision differently after Duncan Laurence and Maneskin. I just have this feeling that the problem isn't the lack of artists who want to go but the NDR and the people behind it. Let's see how this year goes. For the image of the contest in Germany I really hope LOTL win tbh.

I bims

Veteran
While this is true, there are still a lot of reputable artists that would consider Eurovision, if the NDR would be a reliable partner to work with on such a project. But they aren't. The german entertainment industry is currently in a battle with its own talent and talent isn't what's winning. It's the people wearing suits with no talent, taste or actual qualifications who decide who gets the money.

Ajeje Brazorf

Whycan'tyoupeoplejustpickpattygurdyandmoveon 😤😤😤

This might be the first time we disagree this season, but I find Melodies of Hope an inoffensive entry which won't help Germany to leave the bottom of the rankings. It sound like a really bad Eluveitie reject song in some points... I don't hate it but I don't want it to win either.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
No way German juries voting Will or Anica or Frida first place. All the years they have been voting for the most generic and not sophisticated songs so I bet Rene will come first in the jury vote.

And in no way the jury will vote Ikke last place. They are usually asked to vote for the song with the biggest winning potential and that's surely Ikke, amongst others.

I despise the song but if it attracts viewers so may it be! (Of course I hope LOTL wins. They have great chances to be high up on the jury list too. I can’t imagine the jury wants to face raging Electric Callboy fans. Again. :LOL:)

The La-lala-La part is almost a copy of the I will survive bridge (Gloria Gaynor) which EVERYBODY on this planet knows and can sing along so I don’t think Ikke will do too bad at Eurovision - however, I don’t want this embarrassment representing our country.
The only advantage he has are the lyrics. Blood and glitter may be a bit too unappealing and inappropriate. Depressing songs and lyrics won’t do all that well on Eurovision (though they have the 'glitter' part.)

LMLandLoreenfan

No way German juries voting Will or Anica or Frida first place. All the years they have been voting for the most generic and not sophisticated songs so I bet Rene will come first in the jury vote.

And in no way the jury will vote Ikke last place. They are usually asked to vote for the song with the biggest winning potential and that's surely Ikke, amongst others.

I despise the song but if it attracts viewers so may it be! (Of course I hope LOTL wins. They have great chances to be high up on the jury list too. I can’t imagine the jury wants to face raging Electric Callboy fans. Again. :LOL:)

The La-lala-La part is almost a copy of the I will survive bridge (Gloria Gaynor) which EVERYBODY on this planet knows and can sing along so I don’t think Ikke will do too bad at Eurovision - however, I don’t want this embarrassment representing our country.
The only advantage he has are the lyrics. Blood and glitter may be a bit too unappealing and inappropriate. Depressing songs and lyrics won’t do all that well on Eurovision (though they have the 'glitter' part.)
It will be an international jury.

simori95

I am not convinced that a lot of people see Potential for Ikke to do well at Eurovision. Sure, he is divisive, but especially internationally I see a hard lean to the negative Side of divisive. I see him get a lot of last places and a few high places from the individual jurors. Since there Will always be 5 jurors bundled into one vote of each respective Country, I don’t see him get higher than like 3rd to last with any Country vote. But as always I could be wrong, and you could be right. I do pray though that I am right 😂 and I also pray that he won’t landslide the Tele and online vote. This time there are at least more artists (9 instead of 6), some are a bit more well known than the TikTok acts and hopefully have a faithful fanbase as well, and there is not the necessity to have a Tiktok account. And if the online vote will be in Cooperation with the radios again, I do hope that these listeners Will feel compelled to vote for someone else, even if it’s René (whom I like a lot but I agree wouldn’t be the best choice (anyone is better than Ikke though)). So even if Ikke wins the public votes, I hope the 2nd and 3rd will be quite close behind and that the Jury lead of these options will be high enough to not make Ikke win.

This is NOT a prediction btw, I know my Last one was far off 😂 this is what I HOPE, paired with reasons on why I am still hopeful. But at this point it could go either way.

midnightsun

Veteran
It will be an international jury.

I know, I meant it like in "the jury for Germany“ (also called „German jury“ which should be „Germany jury“ actually, if shortened).

There were German juries in the past with international ESC participants who all voted for the most generic songs even if their own song was far from generic. All juries, no matter if Germans, Internationals, always vote for simple songs because they have the aspect in mind that it has to appeal to a broader audience. They won’t vote for anything too special. That’s just my impression.

LMLandLoreenfan

They
I know, I meant it like in "the jury for Germany“ (also called „German jury“ which should be „Germany jury“ actually, if shortened).

There were German juries in the past with international ESC participants who all voted for the most generic songs even if their own song was far from generic. All juries, no matter if Germans, Internationals, always vote for simple songs because they have the aspect in mind that it has to appeal to a broader audience. They won’t vote for anything too special. That’s just my impression.

They surely won't be voting for Ikke. There is absolutely nothing juries could find convincing about his song 😅

Top Bottom