8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

midnightsun

Veteran
As always, most participants are just cannon fodder. We all know there will be a showdown LOTL vs Ikke in the NF and the NDR brought him to prevent LOTL from winning, who are only there because all EC fans and the "we want something different!!!!" people were rioting last year.

I still think Ikke has one of the biggest chances to win the NF. I hope everyone does their best to prove me wrong.
Call 01-Eurovision for Lord of the Lost!

mauve

Veteran
As always, most participants are just cannon fodder. We all know there will be a showdown LOTL vs Ikke in the NF and the NDR brought him to prevent LOTL from winning, who are only there because all EC fans and the "we want something different!!!!" people were rioting last year.

I still think Ikke has one of the biggest chances to win the NF. I hope everyone does their best to prove me wrong.
Call 01-Eurovision for Lord of the Lost!
I also believe that it will be a showdown between LOTL and Ikke. And I rather wanted it to be a showdown between Patty and LOTL. :( But I don't think Wolfslast/NDR are doing any good with that. Shitstorm guaranteed. And they KNOW this. But how do they want to prevent Ikke, if I may ask?

simori95

Yeah for once I believe blaming the NDR would be a bit too easy, even if Ikke wins. Don’t get me wrong, I will complain massively if he wins, but not about the NDR. They got the Shitstorm of a lifetime Last year. Mostly because of EC and lack of diversity, but there were also some loud complaints about Ikke not getting chosen, at least on Twitter I saw a bunch of them. And by letting Ikke compete, they can Not only silence those who wanted him, but he arguably also fits the diversity bill. They already showed that they don’t want him to win by making him go through the tiktok vote first, just his popularity is too big, MAYBE even too big for the NF, and I personally believe the NDR is aware of this and it’s their nightmare scenario as well. Either way, the NDR could only do it wrong with Ikke and so them admitting him to the tiktok vote is acceptable, even if he ends up winning the whole thing. It’s a shame, but to an extent, the NDR‘s Hand was forced.

mauve

Veteran
Yeah for once I believe blaming the NDR would be a bit too easy, even if Ikke wins. Don’t get me wrong, I will complain massively if he wins, but not about the NDR. They got the Shitstorm of a lifetime Last year. Mostly because of EC and lack of diversity, but there were also some loud complaints about Ikke not getting chosen, at least on Twitter I saw a bunch of them. And by letting Ikke compete, they can Not only silence those who wanted him, but he arguably also fits the diversity bill. They already showed that they don’t want him to win by making him go through the tiktok vote first, just his popularity is too big, MAYBE even too big for the NF, and I personally believe the NDR is aware of this and it’s their nightmare scenario as well. Either way, the NDR could only do it wrong with Ikke and so them admitting him to the tiktok vote is acceptable, even if he ends up winning the whole thing. It’s a shame, but to an extent, the NDR‘s Hand was forced.
Actually I do see the fault at NDR. Is it fair for the other 8 artists to fight against a well-known artist who has a huge fanbase behind him? Definitely not. Then the NDR should have at least the guts to nominate 3-5 other well-known artists. But there are 8 artists that can only lose.

rasmuslights

Veteran

can we stop with "diverse" nfs being good nfs notion.

diversity is good and welcome when it's quality. diversity above everything is stupid.

fdc and sanremo rarely have diversity except for a few acts and are considered to be the best nfs.

germany doesn't need diversity, it needs quality. the reason why i'm rooting for frida gold.

simori95

Actually I do see the fault at NDR. Is it fair for the other 8 artists to fight against a well-known artist who has a huge fanbase behind him? Definitely not. Then the NDR should have at least the guts to nominate 3-5 other well-known artists. But there are 8 artists that can only lose.
I get that Argument, but in parts that’s the same Argument that the NDR used against EC. And the Fans obviously didn’t accept this. So using this Argument now as a Fan is a bit difficult. I know not every Fan acted the same last year, but the vast majority didn’t let it count.

Edit: anyway I am struggling to find the words to express what I want to say. Of course any Fan is different from the next, I by no means want to say everyone has to be happy with what the NDR does, nor does there have to be consensus about Arguments for or against the NDR. I just wanted to say I absolutely understand where their decision to let in Ikke comes from given a lot of people‘s demands last year.

Last edited:

simori95

can we stop with "diverse" nfs being good nfs notion.

diversity is good and welcome when it's quality. diversity above everything is stupid.

fdc and sanremo rarely have diversity except for a few acts and are considered to be the best nfs.

germany doesn't need diversity, it needs quality. the reason why i'm rooting for frida gold.
That’s absolutely true, however after last year‘s NF which was neither diverse nor qualitative, diversity was what a lot of Fans were demanding. That’s the point I am trying to make

Deleted member 12761

I've made the decision to vote for LOTL, as much as I like Patty. The situation is just too serious. Enough of the Jendriks and Ikkes. We need quality and LOTL have the best chances imo not just at Eurovision but also to stop Ikke. Ikke ist just terrible. I don't think everything is hopeless but it will be very close. We need a change in Germany just like Spain had one. This NF could've been great without the wildcard. The wildcard thing needs to go away. The tiktok voting was just stupid. Ikke is so much more popular than the others. They were dead on arrival.

mauve

Veteran
I've made the decision to vote for LOTL, as much as I like Patty. The situation is just too serious. Enough of the Jendriks and Ikkes. We need quality and LOTL have the best chances imo not just at Eurovision but also to stop Ikke. Ikke ist just terrible. I don't think everything is hopeless but it will be very close. We need a change in Germany just like Spain had one. This NF could've been great without the wildcard. The wildcard thing needs to go away. The tiktok voting was just stupid. Ikke is so much more popular than the others. They were dead on arrival.
I also wanted to vote for LOTL AND Patty, but since the situation is serious, I will give all my votes for LOTL now. I really can't bear seeing Ikke in Liverpool. I feel ashamed already now. :(

Datura

do mean in germanys odds at eurovision overall or have they released specific betting odds for the national final? (i'd be interested who bookmakers see as favourites)
Even the bookies are already aware of Ikke´s victory next month.

Mainshow

Veteran
Chris Harms (lead singer of Lord Of The Lost) told ESCkompakt that they already applied last year but like Eskimo/Electric Callboy, they didn´t pass the "is that song radio-friendly" test conducted by NDR.

Oo - Burn, NDR, burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rasmuslights

Veteran
Chris Harms (lead singer of Lord Of The Lost) told ESCkompakt that they already applied last year but like Eskimo/Electric Callboy, they didn´t pass the "is that song radio-friendly" test conducted by NDR.

Oo - Burn, NDR, burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love NDR since I kinda hate both EC and LOTL. :(

Mainshow

Veteran
Love NDR since I kinda hate both EC and LOTL. :(

It´s alright to have a different taste in music - but it´s just ridiculous that NDR screams "diversity" and all we get are chanceless pop songs by newcomers (some sort of) - and every year, we have (German) fans defend it by claiming that "no well-established acts of different genres want to take part" - and here we are.... having Electric Callboy, Lord Of The Lost, Frida Gold... honestly, it doesn´t really get bigger than them (two of them got #1 albums recently).

This NF finally feels like NDR trying - it would be a pity to see it all in ruins because of Ikke (he´s somehow relevant, though).

ESC94

It´s alright to have a different taste in music - but it´s just ridiculous that NDR screams "diversity" and all we get are chanceless pop songs by newcomers (some sort of) - and every year, we have (German) fans defend it by claiming that "no well-established acts of different genres want to take part" - and here we are.... having Electric Callboy, Lord Of The Lost, Frida Gold... honestly, it doesn´t really get bigger than them (two of them got #1 albums recently).

This NF finally feels like NDR trying - it would be a pity to see it all in ruins because of Ikke (he´s somehow relevant, though).

Yeah, but only among fans of this kind of "music" and trash tv (Celebrity Big Brother).

Last edited:
Top Bottom