3 1.7%

1 0.6%

5 2.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Germany-scaled.jpg

Lindon

My first thought was " Wow, Menderes is hitting notes" and then I realized who and what it was.

VikingTiger

At least this is up-tempo. That was a relief! The title of the entry is really intriguing, but the song itself does not follow up. The beat is at times really good, and makes me want to move. It's not a very memorable entry though. And my main problem here is Ben's very thin voice. I really wonder how this will sound live - I do remember Glorious - which sounded far from glorious live on the stage.
But all in all the studio version is enjoyable. I will not download it . But I will give it a 7.

Mrm

Veteran
Indeed, here he is in EMA a few years ago, proof he's a decent live singer (though this song is a hard no).

Hahaha this song is like a bad version of DMGP 2008 "Tree of life" which I LOVED! lol :lol:

Musicosity

Oh dear, someone must really be sh***ing his pants worrying for his job :ROFLMAO:. This is so un-NDResque as I could possibly imagine. After they tried (and failed) over and over again doing it their own style they are now turning to outside experts with an actual idea about what they are doing. They don't even take any risks with the famous NDR staging and hire Marty Kudelka instead xrofl. I guess now I know why they are talking about raising the TV license fees.

The song itself is great, very catchy. May lose its appeal quickly on repeated listening, but that won't bother the voters on the big night. Top 10 I'd say, with a good staging it could be a contender for the win.

Nicfedy

Just about scraping a 12 from me. I can’t remember it even after listening twice but recall a good experience.

Brandt

Excluding 2018, I don't dislike a single German entry since 2009 #noshame

Gordon_Shumway

My first two thoughts after hearing this:
1) I was so convinced that a woman is singing. Confusing.
2) I have been criticising Sweden harshly over the last few years for sending meaningless, cheap mainstream pop to the ESC. And now MY OWN COUNTRY comes up with crap like this. Guys, this year will be another hard one for me...

Romeo

I just need to say....

giphy.gif

Well done Germany!

Romeo

Right. I never really do long detailed analysis of songs and I'm not going to start now.

I was expecting something bad but this song is amazing! Seriously Germany will be very high up on the left side of the scoreboard this year! Get the staging right and it could win. I'm trying to decide whether it's my number 1 or 2 this year. The more I listen I think it will be number 1

Realest

"Für Aserbaidschan Platz 7"

Ezio

Veteran
Acoustically it is a bit challenging but it slays. Gives me The Weeknd vibes.

This could light up the stage or could sound really terrible live. I give it 8 points for now with some wiggle room for more. It needs to slay live to get a better score. Could be a "If love was a crime" but also a "Chameleon", if sung terribly.

Realest

It was only an Acousticversion, but still his Livesinging is pretty good.

mauve

Veteran
Just heard the acoustic version of the song on tv ... and yes, he can sing! :love: Liked it much more than the original version!

Top Bottom