3 1.7%

1 0.6%

5 2.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Germany-scaled.jpg

shameless

I didn`t even bother to watch it - can`t stand Schreiber`s face anymore.
Yes the show was a disaster. I skipped at least 60% through it as obviously they were explaining the same method three times and in very technocratic, passionless (e.g. german) ways and even when it was less than one hour, it felt way too long. Instead of wasting time on things we do not care they could've at least featured some hints on the other songs / artists that were in the selection or on the history of german entries or even on the acts that are already chosen for this year. It would've actually not been that hard to fill 30 minutes with a little bit of entertainment for the target group (but concluding by their explanation, they're not interested in the german target group anyways). Whoever produced this joke of a tv presentation just proves how Schreiber and his entourage have no real idea about what audiences like nowadays and the fact that he is the head of the entertainment department is a big joke. At least they got lucky with this song which obviously is a pleasant surprise but they would have fared better if they would have just released it on radio or online or as part of another tv show where you give the least bit responsibility to these guys as possible.

Its such a shame because just as a good entry for our country, I also enjoy a well-made pre-selection. Why can't we have both things?

AleksTheDino

Yes the show was a disaster. I skipped at least 60% through it as obviously they were explaining the same method three times and in very technocratic, passionless (e.g. german) ways and even when it was less than one hour, it felt way too long. Instead of wasting time on things we do not care they could've at least featured some hints on the other songs / artists that were in the selection or on the history of german entries or even on the acts that are already chosen for this year. It would've actually not been that hard to fill 30 minutes with a little bit of entertainment for the target group (but concluding by their explanation, they're not interested in the german target group anyways). Whoever produced this joke of a tv presentation just proves how Schreiber and his entourage have no real idea about what audiences like nowadays and the fact that he is the head of the entertainment department is a big joke. At least they got lucky with this song which obviously is a pleasant surprise but they would have fared better if they would have just released it on radio or online or as part of another tv show where you give the least bit responsibility to these guys as possible.

Its such a shame because just as a good entry for our country, I also enjoy a well-made pre-selection. Why can't we have both things?
I completely agree with everything you said. I was confused why they explained the procedure over and over again and made it seem like choosing a good song is a science. Music is about emotions and not science. Clearly this "head of the entertainment department" didnt know how to make this show interesting. As you said, show snippets of the other countries or some of the rejected entries? Anything? And I also dont get why they released the song many hours prior to the show and then act like it's a huge mystery for the people at home who can't wait to hear the song 😂

Eventually they will again complain that too few people were interested in watching the preselections in Germany...I mean do a better show and more people will watch. And get rid of Barbara Schöneberger, her jokes evoke nothing but cringey moments and she's not very kind to her guests either. Saying to Ben that it's "easy to hear" that he isn't a German is not very kind. She's also been on the news recently saying basically that men should not wear makeup if they want to be "real men" which really isn't in the Eurovision spirit at all. Then again I'm not sure who else could host this show, but anyone will do

Ezio

Veteran
Germany has a very good and contemporary song, that sounds very new to the Eurovision stage. There is a high chance this song even wins, as it would likely attract jury and televotes alike. It is certainly better than Michael Schulte's song two years ago.
And Germany does always very well at the beginning of a new decade, always Top 5, except for 1990 when they "only" achieved 9th place.

I would rather see Austria take the third win of a DACH country, but I cannot change the fate.

AleksTheDino

Germany has a very good and contemporary song, that sounds very new to the Eurovision stage. There is a high chance this song even wins, as it would likely attract jury and televotes alike. It is certainly better than Michael Schulte's song two years ago.
And Germany does always very well at the beginning of a new decade, always Top 5, except for 1990 when they "only" achieved 9th place.

I would rather see Austria take the third win of a DACH country, but I cannot change the fate.
We haven't heard Switzerland, who knows what banger they have this time ;)

shameless

That's a great catch actually! I love ESC-patterns like this or Israel winning every 20 years or Estonia being top 10 every fourth year :D Surely DE got lucky in 1990 to even go top 10 with that...special kind of entry and obviously a lot of sympathy and good-will that particular year.
I wouldn't even mind top 10 but I can clearly see the trend of the year of 0= top5 (or 4) continuing this year. And going by these rules, Switzerland has to win this year to continue their 33-years-distance ;)

aef

Okay so I only had a VERY quick listening yesterday and now I just gave the song another try. Yesterday it felt like the song had a lot more potential but I guess I was just the "wow finally no last place again for :de: this year" effect. Well the song itself still feels very solid and decent today and I'd listen to it outside Eurovision but the problem is that I really can't stand the singers voice!! I hate high male singing voices. The song also lacks of variety in the end. It's staying on the same mediocre level the whole 3 minutes. It's a good level, but it doesn't blow me away with any part.

So I need to downgrade this from 8 to 6 points. With less annoying vocals this would probably get 10 points from me.

Realest

Its the first Time since 2011 that :de: becomes a Fanfavourite?

Franzilein

Did anybody actually recognize some of the faces they had shown in that little montage of the candidates? I'm so curious who participated (and what other songs were in contention), but nobody seemed known to me unfortunately.

shameless

Did anybody actually recognize some of the faces they had shown in that little montage of the candidates? I'm so curious who participated (and what other songs were in contention), but nobody seemed known to me unfortunately.
I am quite sure that I recognized BB Thomaz, besides that nobody but I am also not following current german casting shows that much and I am also unfamiliar with the tennybopper-culture these days.
Apparently Thomas Stengaard ("Only Teardrops") and Doron Medalie ("Toy") where also in the song writing camp. I think the latter was even interviewed on the show but it was so boring I didn't pay much attention to it.

Realest

For those who already forgot

ER3WjolW4AEJUO-

Ezio

Veteran
That's a great catch actually! I love ESC-patterns like this or Israel winning every 20 years or Estonia being top 10 every fourth year :D Surely DE got lucky in 1990 to even go top 10 with that...special kind of entry and obviously a lot of sympathy and good-will that particular year.
I wouldn't even mind top 10 but I can clearly see the trend of the year of 0= top5 (or 4) continuing this year. And going by these rules, Switzerland has to win this year to continue their 33-years-distance ;)

Yuk, does that mean Austria is in a 48-year-cycle?! i am not sure if I am alive in 2062 :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Franzilein

I am quite sure that I recognized BB Thomaz, besides that nobody but I am also not following current german casting shows that much and I am also unfamiliar with the tennybopper-culture these days.
Apparently Thomas Stengaard ("Only Teardrops") and Doron Medalie ("Toy") where also in the song writing camp. I think the latter was even interviewed on the show but it was so boring I didn't pay much attention to it.

I don't think she was interviewed, there was only one woman interviewed & that was our new head of delegation, Alexandra Wolfslast. I found the show quite interesting in general, especially the charts concerning the televotes for the national final and the ESC. Explains the terrible choices our voters made in the past :lol:

Uto

Veteran
Its the first Time since 2011 that :de: becomes a Fanfavourite?
I don't think you can call it that, but it is something the fans on the whole will appreciate as a competitive entry. This will get points.

crashworld

Veteran
I now wondering whether Ben can sell the song convincingly. He got a good voice when he did the acoustic, but it's usually quite rare for artists to sound bad doing acoustic versions. I am worried he may do a Eliot 2.0 where he is unable to sell the song. Plus, I would imagine it's very hard to sing this song in its original form. I hope he proves us wrong. Like what Chingiz did last year where people are saying he is unable to replicate his studio vocals but he did.

Last edited:

Chrisiam

To echo the sentiments of a post above, yeah, I wouldn't say this is a fan favourite (at least in the sense that the fans love it so much it is going to win). I feel that part of the reason why it has been so well received is that there seems to be a lot of ballads this year already and having a bright and bouncy (if a little dated) pop dance track helps it go down a little better.

I don't feel it is going to win, I feel it will do respectably and is something the German fans can be proud of regardless of what I may think about it.

My worry is that the momentum behind it will fizzle out by the time we get to the finals and it won't sound as good as the single version and won't end up looking as good on stage as I feel a song like this deserves. But yeah, I can see this doing well enough that the fans can take a sigh of relief that it isn't going to be a total mess.

shameless

I don't think she was interviewed, there was only one woman interviewed & that was our new head of delegation, Alexandra Wolfslast. I found the show quite interesting in general, especially the charts concerning the televotes for the national final and the ESC. Explains the terrible choices our voters made in the past :lol:
Doron Medalie is a man! He is bald and yes he was indeed interviewed.

Top Bottom