Contact us

FSC Czech Republic

nofuxCZ

:cz::cz::cz: FSC CZECH REPUBLIC :cz::cz::cz:
SEPTEMBER 2012

THE PROSTITUTES - HEART OF STONE
68216409_The_Prostitutes.jpg

The Prostitutes are an indie/alternative-rock band formed in 2004 in Prague, Czech Republic. They are highly acclaimed by the music press as well as by quickly growing amount of fans. The members are singer Adrian T. Bell, guitarist Martin Destroyer (Martin Přikryl), keyboard player Stevie LFO (Martin Převrátil), bass-guitarist Mark Jukebox (Marek Dziuba) and drummer Luk Santiago (Lukáš Přikryl).

Heart of Stone is the second single to be lifted from The Prostitutes fourth album Deaf To The Call which is penned for September 10th release in the UK. The band will make their UK debut at the Troubadour later that month.
Deaf To The Call was produced by Youth whose work includes The Verve, Primal Scream, The Future Heads, The Cult and collaborations with Marilyn Manson, Depeche Mode and U2. When asked about the moment he wanted to work with The Prostitutes, Youth responded 'when I first heard their name' and added later 'They're a very good band'.

The Prostitutes received a large number of awards which include: Album of the year (Filter 2009), Band of the Year (Filter 2007), Music Clip Of The Year (Ocko 2006), Song of the Decade (MF Dnes - the biggest newspaper in Czech Republic), Top 10 Record of the last 20 Years (MF Dnes) and Top 50 musical celebrities in the Czech Republic.

There is no doubt the new material and Youth's production efforts help Deaf To The Call to ease its way to the top position in the Czech Republic's iTunes chart earlier this year. They subsequently topped the charts of three most important alternative/indie radio stations in Czech Republic - Radio 1, Radio Expres and Radio Rockzone.

Interview with the lead singer in the british The Journal magazine: Hanging out with the Prostitutes - AUDIO - Today's News - News - JournalLive

Official music video:

nofuxCZ

Congrats on your very nice song of October!!!!

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the song :)
Zrní will be back next year in FSC with another song. They released new album few weeks ago and it's definitely one of the best albums released here this year! :)
Zrní is musically one of the most interesting bands Czech music scene has to offer these days. Jewel. Too bad you can't understand those beautiful lyrics in their songs.

nofuxCZ

:cz::cz::cz: FSC CZECH REPUBLIC :cz::cz::cz:
NOVEMBER 2012
MICHAELLA & PETR BENDE - HRANICE
For November I went with a Czecho-Slovak pop duet. You might remember Michaella from Slovak ESC National Final in 2010. Petr Bende became famous in 2005 as a runner-up in Czech Idol. Since then he has became one of the most successful Idol-alumni.

nofuxCZ

:cz::cz::cz: CZECH REPUBLIC :cz::cz::cz:
DECEMBER 2012
FIORDMOSS - HARD A STARBOARD

1137_2874.jpg

Their yearning, Nordic-style electrofolk has made Fiordmoss one of the most acclaimed up-and-comers to emerge from the Czech independent music scene. The trio’s most recent album Ink Bitten was first released digitally in February 2012.
“Most of the songs tell stories that fascinated us last year, taken either from the past or from our inner selves.”

You can download the full album here for free: Fiordmoss - INK BITTEN

Since the members of the project are also active as artists, the video for Hard a Starboard was self-produced together with Katrína Mogensen from the Icelandic band MAMMÚT. The track was inspired by the story of Stephan Rehorek, a Czech sailor who photographed the iceberg that the Titanic crashed into only a few days after the fateful accident.

They are one of my favourite Czech bands ever. Despite all the great reviews, several awards and simply the fact that this band is playing in totally different league than the rest of our music scene, 99,9% of Czechs have never heard of them.

Lyrics:
The glacier blade
Boxed there in the shade
The whitest one
Enough to persuade

Waves of tide
Reflect a sallow light
A ruthless one
To see them fighters bite

Jittering ice
Glitters in their eyes
Echoing
Whistles in the dark

In the dead of night
He said hard-a-starboard

Paralyse
Slip and dive
Petrify
Lie dormant

CC92

Is really everything that does not sound like plastic pop considered 'odd' and 'weird' now? :?

nofuxCZ

2012 OVERVIEW
73FSC_2012_stats_awarded.jpg

24FSC_2012_stats_receive.jpg

58FSC_2012_Czech_entries.jpg

Average points received per edition: 44,72
Average number of countries voting for CZ per edition: 7,72
Average place: 23rd
5 songs in English, 4 songs in Czech, 1 song in Czech/Slovak and 1 song in Czech/Imaginary language
1 rnb song, 1 electro/rap song, 2 rock songs, 3 pop songs, 4 alternative songs

nofuxCZ

2013 PLANS
Right now, I have some 138 songs on my preselection list. Only 24 songs have a real chance of being sent to FSC though. In 2013, I will try to be as diverse as possible (but not diverse for the sake of being diverse, I want to keep the quality as well :p).
I sent one of the biggest Czech 2012 hits in January and in the forthcoming months you can expect dance, rap, pop, folk, rock and maybe even some more electronic stuff :)

Top Bottom