Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG68bSVEf_U
VDR4f0785_MANDRAGE_2013_1.jpg

FSC 64 (JUNE 2014)
Jelen - James Dean

11 points, 35th place (out of 36)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7SHGZlSG7Q
9crc1RD.jpg

FSC 65 (JULY 2014)
Thomas Coastline - Crossover (Digital X remix)

53 points, 18th place (out of 33)
Video: https://vimeo.com/99424010
Thomas-Coastline-600x398.jpg

FSC 66 (AUGUST 2014)
Verona - Nech si zdát

37 points, 24th place (out of 35)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UYnOHuIvAg
4.jpg

FSC 67 (SEPTEMBER 2014)
ATMO music ft. Sebastian - Polety

1 point, 34th place (out of 34)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6QCa5MuniY
skupina-atmo-music-zverejnila-zcela-novou-skladbu-na-strese-mesta-big.jpg

FSC 68 (OCTOBER 2014)
Markéta Irglová - The Leading Bird

99 points, 5th place (out of 36)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaTsGAtT_sw
Yv8qSjQ.jpg

FSC 69 (NOVEMBER 2014)
Ohm Square - Originality

23 points, 33th place (out of 37)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNfoZOQO0rc
VDR56c23e_OhmSquarefotobyLukasCetera.jpg

FSC 70 (DECEMBER 2014)
Aneta Langerová - Tráva

88 points, 6th place (out of 35)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bmyjuKoUZQ
114758ts.jpg

FSC 71 (JANUARY 2015)
LA4 & DJ Wich - Denně (ft. Martin Svátek, Separ)

29 points, 27th place (out of 32)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsxelXDUDC8
cats23.jpg

FSC 72 (FEBRUARY 2015)
Lake Malawi - Chinese Trees

92 points, 4th place (out of 35)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8WbcPsMkEw
412510-top_foto1-bseut.jpg

nofuxCZ

The only big mainstream hit I sent in 2014 was ATMO music - Polety and it was the least successful FSC entry for me ever :lol: other than that it was a good year for Czech R. in FSC - three times in Top 10 out of 11 participations xcheer

nofuxCZ

FSC 73 (MARCH 2015)
Kryštof - Srdcebeat

62 points, 12th place (out of 34)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnYL2Eehj2U
Krystof_foto_aktual_mail.jpg

FSC 74 (APRIL 2015)
Cavalier & Ezy - Střela

66 points, 15th place (out of 36)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtUTKKFKBig
caval.jpg

FSC 75 (MAY 2015)
Lenka Duilová & Baromantika - Indiánky

61 points, 12th place (out of 36)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghTf8nH3M9c
364444-top_foto1-l75ox.jpg

FSC 76 (JUNE 2015)
FROM - Nebe

39 points, 17th place (out of 31)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N82jc0dlIQs

FSC 77 (JULY 2015)
Voxel - Jednou

66 points, 12th place (out of 34)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0QsdU7KQQ

FSC 78 (AUGUST 2015)
Light & Love - Blueberry Sky

81 points, 6th place (out of 35)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4LCgphR8k

FSC 79 (SEPTEMBER 2015)
David Koller - Gypsy Love

11 points, 29th place (out of 32)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc0khKo_egE

honzak11

Results FSC #99.
What an amazing show, guys! [MENTION=13133]aardvark[/MENTION] made it indeed extremly thrilling, thank you! xmusic

Many Congrastulations on [MENTION=4544]A-lister[/MENTION] :se: ! xrose

TOTAL: 100pts.xheya
:cz: received points from 17 countries:
:12: :it: xheartxheartxheart Italy, I was hoping sooo much to get some nice points from you, because I know that Czech Lenny is a big 'star' over there. You didn't disappoint me! Thx! xlove
:10: :za: :at:
:8: :se: :ee:
:7: :hr: :id: :es: :nl:
:5: :tr: :pt: :dk: :uk:
:1: :ch: :ie: :ca: :pl:

INTERESTING FACTS:
★ In terms of points, this is the Czech Republic's third best result ever!
★ In terms of place, I've equalled the Czech Republic's best result ever in the FSC, i.e. 4th place (same as in FSC #49, #72, #83 and #90).
★ Czech Republic participated 58 times in the history of FSC.

THANK YOU :p
( ... not too bad for my first appearance at FSC :lol: I hope to keep this up :mrgreen: )

honzak11

cze.png

Entry for FSC #100: Pame Faul - Miracles
giphy.gif

INTERESTING FACT: The song Miracles was written in 12 minutes. The videoclip is highly symbolical. The individual features in the music, the colour in the videoclip and the static of the shots – all has a deeper meaning. The aim was to create a minimalist, visual story. It captures 1 year of Pame Faul’s life that brought him a significant life progress. The story should be the opposite of “tabula rasa”, i.e. blank slate. A human is born as a “blank slate” - having no innate ideas and perceptions – and gradually gains experience and the slate becomes full. Pame Faul is at the beginning of the clip completely black – which refers to darkness and sadness in his life. Later, the colour turns into silver and eventually becomes sparkling white that symbolises a new beginning – a beginning of life. Yet, there are still blurred words in black on his chest that stay there forever. “There’s so much pain, so many tears behind the song ” – Pame Faul.

Pame Faul is a new rising star in the Czech pop music scene. “Miracles” is his debut song that was released in April 2016, and, according to his words, marks the beginning of his music career. The song offers a unique mixture of dream-pop and electro-pop, which together create an atmospheric subgenre of alternative rock. The videoclip that complements this song contains some artistic features and it fills the gap in the Czech pop scene.

Pame Faul is the author of the lyrics as well as the composer of Miracle. The main motto of the song is "I AM MIRACLE, YOU ARE MIRACLE, WE ARE MIRACLES" and the singer encourages the listeners to believe in miracles. Pame Faul wants to change the society through his music and even though this might seem like a bold statement, Pame thinks that the reach of the music industry, in general, is large enough to make this happen. Through his song, he wants to convey a simple message – if you want to achieve something in your life, then the first person who must believe in you is yourself.

Pame Faul: “I’m writing most of my songs on my bed and the day when Miracles was written was no different. There was a sunlight shining through a roof window and the entire song was finished in 12 minutes. I had a feeling that it was not even myself – so I feel during most of my song writings. If I don’t finish the song within few minutes, I have a feeling that it has not undergone a natural process. I want songs to be genuine and not created with whatever intention.

Growing up, Pame Faul didn’t understand the people around him and his friends. As he says, he didn’t have many of them. “They were behaving in a strange way, they were interested in things that I wasn’t interested at all. I didn’t want to talk with them just from necessity. Pame Faul started with music at 14 at home and started with singing lessons that he didn’t tell anybody about for 1.5 years. At university, he met many new friends whom he had more in common. “The feeling that I had during the first listening to the final version of my song is something that I want to feel until the end of my life".

The song was first composed on the Christmas Eve 2012 and since then the song was being tweaked until the official release of the final version. The song was produced by David Butler (MISSIO). The videoclip was directed by a photographer Martin Faltejsek, and Monika Krobova was responsible for the styling.

Currently, the artist is working with a foreign producer towards EP release.

honzak11

cze.png

Entry for FSC #101: Mikolas Josef – Believe (Hey Hey)
giphy.gif

INTERESTING FACT: Mikolas Josef was rumored to be one of the potential candidates for ESC in 2017. Reportedly, he was in a close cooperation with the ESC team of the Czech television broadcaster in the internal selection process. In the end, a jazz singer Martina Barta was the lucky one to participate in May at ESC 2017.
Mikolas Josef, born 4.10.1995, is an independent singer/songwriter/multiinstrumentalist/producer and music video director. Josef was born in Prague and raised in a village in central Bohemia.
Half Moravian, he first began making folk records moving on to hiphop, house and pop music. His current sound however still carries signs of folk music, thus creating a unique combination and style.
He started his carreer at the age of 15 recording with local producers and busking in the capital. He almost failed his third year in high school when awarded grade E for Music. He continued busking throughout Europe in cities such as Oslo, Hamburg or Zurich saving up for his productions.
Furthermore, Josef was awarded gold medal with distinction from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts for acting, and had a one year career as a model.

mj_1.png

Lyrics:

honzak11

RESULTS FSC #101
Once again thanks for this awesome show, it was indeed thrilling until the end! xcheer I'm even happier for aardvark's victory after finding out that it was the :za:'s first victory EVER! xyes You must be over the moon, [MENTION=13133]aardvark[/MENTION] ! xballon

To summarize the results for the :cz:, here's the final breakdown:

TOTAL: 56pts, 16th place
:cz: received points from 10 countries:
:12: :dk: xheart xheart
:10: :za:
:8: :ru:
:6: :ch:
:5: :hr: :gr:
:3: :id: :lv:
:2: :pt: :tw:

THANK YOU all who voted for the Czech Republic :cz:!!!

honzak11

:idea:id:ea: English translation of the Czech lyrics in the Spoiler below! :idea:id:ea:

cze.png

Entry for FSC #102: Jakub Děkan - Děda
2vNkyDi

INTERESTING FACT: The song “Děda” (in English “Grandfather”) is about the singer’s grandfather who passed away few years ago. Jakub Děkan explains that “the song is a letter for his grandfather to the heaven about things that occurred during the past years. He sings about who became the winner of the Czech Music Awards as well as about how his grandfather’s favorite soccer team did in the past season. He also remembers some of the situations that he experienced with his grandfather together. All people in the video, including the person on the wheelchair, were his grandfather’s best friend.

Jakub Děkan was born in 1992 and started singing at the age of 15. He is a Czech singer as well as presenter at cultural and sport events. He loves soccer and futsal. In 2008, he founded a pop-rock band Rosemary and released a successful EP called Lies. In 2013, he became a member of the Attic Vanity band, where he experienced his very first music tour.

In 2012, he created a band “Just Try” in order to compete in the Czech Talent Show (a Czech version of the Got Talent). With a huge success, they proceeded into the ‘Big Bang’ stage of the competition, where they voluntarily decided to leave the contest as they wanted “to keep their own face for the next fights”.

Later, having gained further experience as one of the singer in the pop & rap band Atmo music, he was offered to start his own music career. The song Děda is his third song released.

jd_1.png

Lyrics [Czech lyrics & English translation!]:

Other songs worth checking out!

honzak11

Voting of the Czech Republic since FSC #98, when I joined the FSC
1st place: :nl:
2nd place: :pt:
3rd place: :hr:

SL1O18T.png

honzak11

:cz: :cz: CZECH REPUBLIC :cz: :cz:

Entry for FSC #114: Vesna - Kyticka
Vesna-band_Jiri-Sujansky-758x505.jpg

INTERESTING FACT: What really makes the band stand out is their original and very elaborate image. They create a whole story around them in which each of the four musicians represents one Slavic Goddess. Pianist Tanita is Vesna, the Goddess of spring, fresh, tender, naive, full of courageous dreams and plans. Flute player Andrea represents the Goddess of summer Živa, fertile, passionate, playful and full of energy. Violinist Bára impersonates Mokosh, the somewhat enigmatic, Goddess of fall, who is at the same time a kind, caring mother figure. And lastly, Morana, the Goddess of winter and death, represented by singer Patricie. She is an icy beauty, sometimes cruel with the power to torment but also to renew.

Ancient Slavic goddesses have descended to Earth. They are called ‘Vesna’, a Czech female band which turns music into a Slavic fairy-tale. The band consists of four talented and truly original artists, who came together to form an exciting new project. Vesna offers a fresh and distinctly feminine take on Slavic folklore. In Czech language, Vesna means the Goddess of spring.

These four musicians hit the music scene in 2017 with a stunning multi-media show featuring music, art, fashion show, and an ethereal dance performance and caused an instant sensation. Vesna’s music is a mesmerizing fusion of Wallachian folklore, classical music, jazz and world music. It is inspired by Slavic Goddesses, four seasons and traditional lifestyle.

The songs, written by the singer Patricie, will charm you with their soul-stirring melodies and dreamy harmonies while the lyrics evoke images of nature and traditional lifestyle. Vesna builds on a strong tradition of storytelling present in Slavic culture. Each song is a tale. The music together with the video add a captivating movie-like atmosphere to this song.

Vesna is not only about music, it is rather a multi-artistic project says pianist Tanita. The four Goddesses successfully merge music with other forms of art such as dance, visual art, and fashion, creating an immersive artistic experience. The singer Patricie explains that: “art is not only about music, it has to be about every little detail, there has to be harmony. Our music is naturally reflected in other areas.” One such area is fashion. You have probably noticed the fantastic fancy dresses they wear in the pictures. These were created specially for the band by Czech designer Kamila Vodochodská. Her collection ”Vesna” reflects Slavic Goddesses, while exploring the ever-changing nature of a woman, from a naive girl, to a passionate lover, a caring mother and an uncompromising woman of power.

Lyrics [Czech lyrics & English translation!]:

honzak11

Entry for FSC #120: Katie Kei - Burn it down
f08da0.jpg

Katie Kei is a young, 19-year-old talented singer born on July 27, 1999 in Brno, Czech Republic. She participated in the global competition event WCOPA (World Championships of Performing Arts) in the USA – Hollywood, where she was selected for final show among the top five junior singers. She was selected from enormous number of competitors. She won two gold medals, one silver, two bronze and awards Overall Winner. This great success guaranteed her a nomination for 2016 WCOPA. She took this challenge and was back in USA in 2016. This time she won not only medals, but also a certificate from an American producer, worth $ 5,000.

Kateřina Kolčavová alias KATIE KEI is young talented singer and actress. In 2008, thanks to audition, she have had the first chance to come to the stage – performing in The Three Musketeers at Brno City Theatre, where all her music and acting career began. She already had a role in famous musical Les Miserables or played children‘s role in Mary Poppins musical, where she was co-hosted together with Monika Absolonova in Prague.

In 2015 she represented the Czech Republic on WCOPA - World Championships of Performing Arts in Los Angeles, where she got through all rounds and was selected for Final show, winning the Champion of the World in junior vocal category.

In 2016, she also managed to win international competition Diamonds Voice.

Katie organized two solo concerts, and released her first original song. Now she tries to devote more to song writing and her own music creation.

Lyrics [Lyrics]:

honzak11

Entry for FSC #121 - Václav Noid Bárta:
Písnička pro dceru Terezku // A song for my daughter Terezka

crop-1069342-vaclav-noid-barta-m.jpg

Václav Bárta (born 27 October 1980), known as Václav Noid Bárta, is a Czech singer, songwriter, and actor.

He comes from an artistic family. His father is a writer and director, and his mother a singer. At age 17, he formed the Czech nu-metal group Dolores Clan and later on his musical band Noid Crew. He also appeared in local theatre and musical productions with acting and/or singing roles notably in Hamlet, Excalibur, Aida, Jesus Christ Superstar, Lucie, větší než malé množství lásky.

He released a number of singles as a solo artist and established his own music and video production house ParaNoid Studio.

He represented the Czech Republic in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 along with Marta Jandová with the song "Hope Never Dies".

He has appeared in a number of stage and musical local productions too.

Lyrics [Original lyrics] // [My amateur translation :-)]:

Václav Noid Bárta sings El Tango de Roxanne at London Eurovision Party 2015

honzak11

Entry for FSC #124 - Mikolas Josef ft. Fito Blanko & Frankie J:
Acapella

NHO7b85f8_8.jpg

Do I even need to introduce Mikolas?

Mikolas Josef, born on 4 October 1995, is a Czech singer, songwriter, music producer, music video director, and choreographer. He represented the Czech Republic in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal, with the song "Lie to Me", reaching sixth place. Mikolas is the most successful Czech entrant to date in Eurovision history. In April 2018, he signed an international recording contract with Sony Music and RCA Records. His singles include:
  • "Hands Bloody" - 2015
  • "Free" - 2016
  • "Believe (Hey Hey)" - 2016
  • "Lie to Me" - 2017
  • "Me Gusta" - 2018
  • "Abu Dhabi" - 2019
  • "Acapella" - 2019

SURPRISE! What you might have not known yet about Mikolas....
  • In 2017, Mikolas Josef was offered by the Czech Eurovision broadcaster to sing a song "My Turn" - CAN YOU IMAGINE!? xdoh The song was later performed on the Eurovision stage by Martina Barta (remember the performace? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KT8_ZOHAXE ). Mikolas refused to sing this song and waited one more year to perform at Eurovision 2018.
  • Mikolas Josef is actually his stage name. His real, full name is Mikoláš Josef Čapoun which should correctly be pronounced as ['mikolaːʃ 'jozef 'tʃaːpoun]. Interestingly enough, not even Czechs pronounce his name this way and stick to the stage name Mikolas Josef.
  • His first single Hands Bloody, where he sets school on fire, conveys his feelings as a school boy when he suffered from sociophobia and low self-confidence, and "fairly dark thoughts were crossing his mind".

Lyrics

Top Bottom