Contact us

FSC #102 - August 2017 [Cape Town, South Africa] | THE SHOW! | RESULTS from page 5 (post #47)

MrGerbear

4vXNKbf.png

Welcome to the 102nd edition of the Forum Song Contest, live from Cape Town, South Africa!

This is the first time FSC is heading down to South Africa after their phenomenal win in last month's edition!

S5HxLep.png

The beautiful city of Cape Town is full of natural beauty, endless creativity and boundless spirit.
From its beaches to its mountains, this cosmopolitan destination on the southwest tip of the African continent
is a must-have on anyone's travel bucket list.

U2mWzff.png

One of its most prominent features is the majestic Table Mountain, watching over the bay
from the day it emerged from the earth hundreds of millions of years ago, overseeing the rise
of the indigenous San peoples and the migration of the Khoi people over 2000 years ago.
It was there when European colonists discovered the area, and it was there as the valley turned into a city.

mnY5lpe.png

These days, Cape Town has a vibrant city life influenced by its diverse mix of cultures, African, European and even Asian.
From the brightly colored houses of Bo Kaap, home to the Cape Malays, to the Castle of Good Hope, the oldest
Dutch colonial building in the nation, to Robben Island, whose museum serves as a reminder of the fight against Apartheid,
the city stands as a testament to the blood, sweat and tears that serve as the foundation of freedom.

T4CPbGe.png

IWLiRef.png

Tonight's venue: Artscape Theatre Centre!

The main performing arts center in Cape Town, Artscape was opened in 1971 on reclaimed land in the Foreshore district.
Commissioned by the Cape Province administration, the theatre was formerly named after Nico Malan,
the provincial administrator who spearheaded the project. The complex includes an opera house, a theatre,
and an arena theatre, and is home to the Cape Philharmonic Orchestra and the Cape Town Opera.

T4CPbGe.png

brnKdPL.png
HeSSn5w.png

Your Hosts: Brümilda van Rensburg and Janez Vermeiren!

Brümilda is a prolific TV, film, and theatre actress with multiple awards under her belt, as well as a professional
MC and motivational speaker. Born in Philippolis in 1956, she grew up in Pretoria. She has been voted South Africa's
most popular actress, most famous for her portrayal of character Louwna in the TV-series Egoli: Place of Gold, which
has been viewed by over 44 million people across Africa. She also teaches drama at her own academy.

Janez is a award-winning model, entrepreneur and TV host. Born in Cape Town in 1978, Janez' ancestry is from Belgium,
where he pursued a degree in interior design. Returning to South Africa in 2000, he took up modeling, and has since been
the face of dozens of brands in commercials aired worldwide. He is best known for his time on the magazine show
Top Billing, where he started out as a handyman and graduated to full-time presenter.

T4CPbGe.png

Tonight's theme is Live from Africa!

R1quZwe.png

Today's banners and motifs are inspired by the art of the Ndebele people, who famously paint their house in colorful
geometric patterns. These bright colors and bold lines will accompany the artist's nation's flag, as well as a photo
of the artists live onstage or backstage at one of their concerts, or at a recording session. :)

T4CPbGe.png

Tonight's opening act: last month's FSC winners,
The Kiffness featuring Tawanna Shaunte with "You Say You Love Me"!

T4CPbGe.png

Without further ado, let the 102nd Forum Song Contest begin!!

T4CPbGe.png

Tonight's closing act:
the late, great South African singer, Miriam Makeba,
with the song "Pata Pata"

That's it for the show! Good luck to all our participants and good night from Cape Town, South Africa!

T4CPbGe.png

SEND YOUR VOTES TO ALEVENDER/POST THEM IN YOUR PRIVATE FORUM AREA
DEADLINE - 27/08/2017, 23/59 CET

Good luck to everyone! :)

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
Re: FSC #102 - August 2017 [Cape Town, South Africa] | THE SHOW!

Thank you [MENTION=11892]MrGerbear[/MENTION] for creating a truly stunning show. I love the vibrancy of the banners!

You have managed to capture the spirit of Cape Town (an artsy, almost-European, but culturally cosmopolitan city at the Southern tip of Africa) and surpassed all my expectations! xthank xlove

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member

What an amazing show ! :D

I love the fact that it's being held in Cape Town xheart Apart from Copenhagen and London, Cape Town is probably the city where I feel most at home in the whole wide world ! xheart

kopachka

I can't remember when was the last time I was so impressed by the show! :eek: Great job! xbow

Hele.

Amazing show xcheer

Serbia xheart xheart xbow xbow

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:no: For August 2017 Norway goes for catchy, playful EDM / Tropical House Summer-rhythms! :D Performer of “It Ain’t Me”, and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the talented and famous Norwegian EDM-producer, DJ and artist Kygo, this time with the famous American singer Selena Gomez on vocals. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Great :za: South African Show, [MENTION=11892]MrGerbear[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13133]aardvark[/MENTION] - and Good luck to all entries this month!
tqcd9Op.png

A-lister

Veteran

Great show [MENTION=11892]MrGerbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]aardvark[/MENTION] xcheer , Cape Town is on my list of "place to visits", just not sure when and how

JSSArcos

xshockxshock For me best show, i loved it, good work [MENTION=11892]MrGerbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]aardvark[/MENTION] xlovexlovex12s !!! Cape Town It looks beautiful xheartxheart

Bcne6yU.png

That kika banner is something xheatxheatxheartxheartxheart

Good luck to everyone xup

hawadharma

Great hosting by Cape Town!! xcheer xheart [MENTION=13133]aardvark[/MENTION] [MENTION=11892]MrGerbear[/MENTION]

Love the banners!!!!

hawadharma

Mods, is it just me or Croatian song mp3 in the archive is only 1:06 minutes long?
The song stopped midway.

If there is a faulty mp3, please help to replace with correct one.. thanks..

A-lister

Veteran

Mods, is it just me or Croatian song mp3 in the archive is only 1:06 minutes long?
The song stopped midway.

If there is a faulty mp3, please help to replace with correct one.. thanks..

Yeah, I also noticed this, I left a comment about it Private thread... xthink

MrGerbear

The mp3 archives have been updated with the proper file for the Croatian entry. Apologies for the inconvenience!

ESCREGION

Many many congrats [MENTION=11892]MrGerbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]aardvark[/MENTION] for this wonderful show!!!It's my last month here with Greece and i think that is the best show!!
These banners!!!
vmUErnc.png

You did kalomira looks more beautiful than she is and it's so difficult!!!
WELL DONE and Good Luck to everyone!!!!

Klonoa

Wow, these banners are awesome! For everyone where hates the swiss song, next time i'll send a much better one. xbored xsorry

JChan

Wow, these banners are awesome! For everyone where hates the swiss song, next time i'll send a much better one. xbored xsorry

Aw don't beat yourself up, I really enjoyed your song!!! It was most definitely not deserving of its low score. The biggest shame of the show.

JSSArcos

At the end of the first hearing of all the songs, I have to say that it is a good edition (better of the past), I have 17 songs that have passed the first audition xheat !! I have to say that I loved this edition, because there are songs from various types of music xlove (traditional for electronics ...)

chontono

For me it was such an awful edition, I can only find 5 or 6 songs I like, and I miss :de: and :il: very much xcry
On the other hand, banners are gorgeous xrose

JSSArcos

For me it was such an awful edition, I can only find 5 or 6 songs I like, and I miss :de: and :il: very much xcry
On the other hand, banners are gorgeous xrose

Hope :il::de: come back next time too.I also miss them

Krishoes

Marvellous show, congrats!

Top Bottom